Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Another person that has shut down their mind and reacts with knee jerk elitism. The truth is Legion Patch finder part 1 is more of a grind than the entire wod pafthfinder and we do not know how long the other parts of patchfinder will be to complete.
    Nope, you are wrong. Most of the Legion pathfinder is done simply by playing the game, no grind. Esp. people worried about rep grind are silly, as you cant grind the rep.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Nope, you are wrong. Most of the Legion pathfinder is done simply by playing the game, no grind. Esp. people worried about rep grind are silly, as you cant grind the rep.
    Sure you can. You are confusing farming with grinding.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Sure you can. You are confusing farming with grinding.
    No you cant, only WQ and Emmisaries reward rep. Whereas WQ are really ineffiecient rewarding only 50/75/100 rep, emmisary gives 1500.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    No you cant, only WQ and Emmisaries reward rep. Whereas WQ are really ineffiecient rewarding only 50/75/100 rep, emmisary gives 1500.
    So you have to grind it, right? By doing WQ and Emisaries.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

So you have to grind it, right? By doing WQ and Emisaries.
    4WQ for 1 Emissary daily is hardly a grind.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    4WQ for 1 Emissary daily is hardly a grind.
    So you don't know what grind is, ok. How many days?

So you don't know what grind is, ok. How many days?
    Thats on you, you dont have to do them daily, you can stack them up.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats on you, you dont have to do them daily, you can stack them up.
    It's irrelevant, as you still have to grind it. You don't magically get exalted with all factions by reaching level 110, do you?

It's irrelevant, as you still have to grind it. You don't magically get exalted with all factions by reaching level 110, do you?
    kek you really want that? how casual are you?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

No flying = not a big deal. This thread is shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    kek you really want that? how casual are you?
    Who said that I want that? I don't want anything but flying, it's Blizzard who wants me to grind the rep. Which you said I can't grind, so I corrected you - you can and you must if you want flying.

Who said that I want that? I don't want anything but flying, it's Blizzard who wants me to grind the rep. Which you said I can't grind, so I corrected you - you can and you must if you want flying.
    What if instead of "grinding" reps.. you had to pay... let's say 1 million gold.. but you could get it the moment legion was released. Reasonable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    No flying = not a big deal. This thread is shit.
    What a creative and pertinent addition to this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewlies View Post
    What if instead of "grinding" reps.. you had to pay... let's say 1 million gold.. but you could get it the moment legion was released. Reasonable?
    More reasonable than what's going on right now, because at least by paying gold a player would get to choose how and when they earn it. Raiders or dungeon runners could sell carries. PVPers could sell wins in arena or RBGs. Questers could quest. Crafters could craft and sell. Farmers could farm.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    More reasonable than what's going on right now, because at least by paying gold a player would get to choose how and when they earn it. Raiders or dungeon runners could sell carries. PVPers could sell wins in arena or RBGs. Questers could quest. Crafters could craft and sell. Farmers could farm.
    Or let's say.. 5 million? Or 10 Million? I suppose the point is, what you are describing would be grinding too and in some cases certain casual people would take 6 months(or more) to farm X amount of gold. People can still choose how/when they earn pathfinder (yes when it's released). There were carries in terms of killing mobs/doing dailies in most servers, so that point is moot. Pathfinder itself is the same thing of what you just described as reasonable, just time locked in terms of "exploring content". This highly discourages boosting to 110 without seeing content (which was HIGHLY prevalent before/during WoD).

The only gripe that I have for those who wish to have flying.. MAYBE have the 2nd/3rd stages released quicker. You can complete the 1st stage shortly after you hit 110 so no issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewlies View Post
    Or let's say.. 5 million? Or 10 Million? I suppose the point is, what you are describing would be grinding too and in some cases certain casual people would take 6 months(or more) to farm X amount of gold. People can still choose how/when they earn pathfinder (yes when it's released). There were carries in terms of killing mobs/doing dailies in most servers, so that point is moot. Pathfinder itself is the same thing of what you just described as reasonable, just time locked in terms of "exploring content". This highly discourages boosting to 110 without seeing content (which was HIGHLY prevalent before/during WoD).

The only gripe that I have for those who wish to have flying.. MAYBE have the 2nd/3rd stages released quicker. You can complete the 1st stage shortly after you hit 110 so no issue there.
    It has NEVER been about wanting to avoid working towards an unlock of flying. The problem is when that unlock effectively does not give players a choice of when to unlock it, such as WoD pathfinder. When you have to effectively complete all the content before getting access to flight, there's not any real point to getting it. What is the point of getting flight if, by the time you get it, there's nothing significant to use it on? And worse, not even allowing people to get it when they're finished with pathfinder, but instead locking it behind an arbitrary date at some unspecified time in the future as just plain bad.

People have no choice of how or when to get flight. It's 100% up to Blizzard. When you stop rationalizing and making excuses for Pathfinder, and look at it objectively, that's what you see. At least in Legion we'll have flight for the second half of the expansion, and god help us if that second half consists of nothing but no-fly islands.

That's why a gold grind would be better. It gives the decision to the player.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-08-07 at 06:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have no choice of how or when to get flight. It's 100% up to Blizzard. When you stop rationalizing and making excuses for Pathfinder, and look at it objectively, that's what you see. At least in Legion we'll have flight for the second half of the expansion, and god help us if that second half consists of nothing but no-fly islands.
    If we could keep that model for the rest of the lifespan of WoW I'd be soooo happy. Tons of people to kill, never having to use my flying mount again if I don't select to do so. Timeless Isle was probably my favorite thing about World of Warcraft since the Wrath days.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    If we could keep that model for the rest of the lifespan of WoW I'd be soooo happy. Tons of people to kill, never having to use my flying mount again if I don't select to do so. Timeless Isle was probably my favorite thing about World of Warcraft since the Wrath days.
    You know there's a place where flying mounts are always disabled, and people actually want to fight you? Battlegrounds. They've been around for awhile. Why does the ENTIRE game have to conform to only a single playstyle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen a red player in the open during my entire experience with wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know there's a place where flying mounts are always disabled, and people actually want to fight you? Battlegrounds. They've been around for awhile. Why does the ENTIRE game have to conform to only a single playstyle?
    Well, you'd have your flying mount for the world once the first patch dropped. I don't see an issue here as you can fly in the current world and I get Timeless Isle after Timeless Isle.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...