Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    And another hint showing how less of a clue you have. First: your personal opinion is NOT a fact. Flying didn't destroy anything. You might have missed the times where instanced Battlegrounds, dungeons and raids did pull away more players from the open-PvP by million times more than flight ever could.
    And to be honest: Blizz had great ideas for Open-PvP, and great potential. They just decided to throw it all away instead of actually making use of it. Hallaa was great, we had fun times in BC WITH flight, they just make their own content worthless every time they throw in new stuff. Open-PvP COULD be something fun. But it this state it isn't worth the hassle or to even bother with. And flight has nothing to do with it in the slightest.
    It is a fact that I never did any world PvP after BC came out because that wasn't what the developers wanted. WoW stopped being an MMO during that expansion because you didn't need to interact with other players out in the world. That was the expansion when WoW became completely instanced and any type of world content became null.

WoW isn't an MMO anymore and it hasn't truly been one since Vanilla. It stopped being one completely during wotlk when you could queue for shit and your time became running between the bank in Dalaran and the AH in Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Watching the VT and they have confirmed that there will be no flying at launch but you can work on the Achievement to get it
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but personally I'm not interested in playing a game where a large fraction of my play time is running from point a to point b, or taking flight paths that last 10 fucking minutes there, and another 10 back. That's vanilla bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Runeforge View Post
    Oh. I guess all the world PvP myself and my friends have been enjoying for the last 12 years must have been a dream.

Pity. It was so much fun.
    That guy is an ass who wants to pretend that instanced PvP completely killed running into people in the world instead of giving players the ability to fly away and avoid all combat with other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It is a fact that I never did any world PvP after BC came out because that wasn't what the developers wanted. WoW stopped being an MMO during that expansion because you didn't need to interact with other players out in the world. That was the expansion when WoW became completely instanced and any type of world content became null.

WoW isn't an MMO anymore and it hasn't truly been one since Vanilla. It stopped being one completely during wotlk when you could queue for shit and your time became running between the bank in Dalaran and the AH in Org.
    Massively Multiplayer Online, not Massively Muliplayer all playing together Online. Your argument is invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah? Please enlighten me on what world PvP was like before patch 1.5
    Before 1.5 and the previous Honor patch, 1.3 i think. World pvp was secluded to TM vs SS. But when the honor patch (patch before instanced BGs), so many people were farming honor kills at TM/SS, the battles spilled over into Arathi Highlands to ease the server lag. Before the BG patch, we had two zones to world PvP in. Keep in mind, this was 100% player driven.

Then instanced BGs came, and you had to go to a portal to queue for AV or WSG, and that was the day World PvP completely died.

Anyone who had been farming honor kills in V knows this, and remembers it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Massively Multiplayer Online, not Massively Muliplayer all playing together Online. Your argument is invalid.
    Every multiplayer game with a big fanbase is an MMO in that case because all WoW is now is just queueing for shit while you sit in your garrison or a city.

Deleted
    That guy is an ass who wants to pretend that instanced PvP completely killed running into people in the world instead of giving players the ability to fly away and avoid all combat with other players.
    Lots of features have been heralded as the 'killer' of world PvP. I don't think anything killed it as we've been doing it for 12 years. Flying certainly made it less fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeforge View Post
    Oh. I guess all the world PvP myself and my friends have been enjoying for the last 12 years must have been a dream.

Pity. It was so much fun.
    So flying didn't kill World PvP. Good to know.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL again, stop with the easy to spot, bullshit lies. There is no way you started in 2006 and didnt have player interaction during the expansions. You couldnt fly and still cant fly while leveling. So unless you played on a server with a population of 10 or 15 people, you're lying bad again.

You're confusing the occasional gank with world PvP.

Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Before 1.5 and the previous Honor patch, 1.3 i think. World pvp was secluded to TM vs SS. But when the honor patch (patch before instanced BGs), so many people were farming honor kills at TM/SS, the battles spilled over into Arathi Highlands to ease the server lag. Before the BG patch, we had two zones to world PvP in. Keep in mind, this was 100% player driven.

Then instanced BGs came, and you had to go to a portal to queue for AV or WSG, and that was the day World PvP completely died.

Anyone who had been farming honor kills in V knows this, and remembers it well.
    I'm not talking about incentivized PvP here, I'm talking about finding people out in the world. BGs were a good addition, PvP would die in WoW if it didn't have some sort of concrete equivalent to what PvE has (dungeons and raids).

When I started playing in Vanilla, you still saw people out in the world. You would still run into them, people would still raid cities and towns for fun because you actually had to go places in the game instead of just queueing into them and flying above them.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2016-08-08 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    So flying didn't kill World PvP. Good to know.
    Not sure anything did. However the consensus among my wow crew is that it was more fun without flying. A la BGs.

Something gained / something lost.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but personally I'm not interested in playing a game where a large fraction of my play time is running from point a to point b, or taking flight paths that last 10 fucking minutes there, and another 10 back. That's vanilla bullshit
    High mountain alone will cause people to nerd rage quit Blizzard's ground and pound vision. People are not going to even try to finish patch finder as they will quit due to sheer frustration.

And if you play a hunter? Enjoy your daily trips to High Mountain lololol.

Every multiplayer game with a big fanbase is an MMO in that case because all WoW is now is just queueing for shit while you sit in your garrison or a city.
    Yeah, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL again, stop with the easy to spot, bullshit lies. There is no way you started in 2006 and didnt have player interaction during the expansions. You couldnt fly and still cant fly while leveling. So unless you played on a server with a population of 10 or 15 people, you're lying bad again.

You're confusing the occasional gank with world PvP.

Just stop.
    It doesn't matter if you couldn't fly while leveling because leveling in BC onward didn't take long at all. 60s in Vanilla would still go out in the world and do things and that caused natural world PvP because the world forced you to interact with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    High mountain alone will cause people to nerd rage quit Blizzard's ground and pound vision. People are not going to even try to finish patch finder as they will quit due to sheer frustration.

And if you play a hunter? Enjoy your daily trips to High Mountain lololol.
    It can't be any worse than leveling to 70 during vanilla/TBC as PROT. MFW i switched to fury and realized how much faster i could have levelled #thegrindwasreal

It can't be any worse than leveling to 70 during vanilla/TBC as PROT. MFW i switched to fury and realized how much faster i could have levelled #thegrindwasreal
    The problem isn't leveling. It is what happens at level cap and the mobs scale to your level. That is why trying to do world quests and emissary quests will feel like walking on shards of glass. Every.Single. Day.

And 12 months of that will break anyone's spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The problem isn't leveling. It is what happens at level cap and the mobs scale to your level. That is why trying to do world quests and emissary quests will feel like walking on shards of glass. Every.Single. Day.

And 12 months of that will break anyone's spirit.
    Blizzard is giving people what they think they wanted, it sounds like. I guess we'll find out soon enough, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I'm just waiting to be powerful enough to easily solo the MoP raids. I absolutely loved that expansion. Except for the dread wastes bullshit.

But .... Jaylock himself has told us that Legion will have more world content that anyone can finish. Ever!
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    No you have to jump like a big bad orc warrior...just like I'm sure you do in dungeons between pulls or at raid entrances or whatever. Don't be so dramatic.

I personally agree with the achievement, minus the stupid rep grind. I'm not exactly a pro-flyer (definitely not an anti-flyer) but I will say I would not have been playing WoD the last couple months to get all my characters to 100 if I couldn't fly...no fuckin way was I going to tromp through WoD content 8+ more times on the ground at a snails pace. Leveling and even at level cap in special "no flying zones" I'm totally fine with, but having flight in the long term is just better IMO because it IS so convenient and saves a shitload of time on alts or doing whatever the hell you want on your main after you've already done everything else with them.

Treasure finding should not be required for classes that aren't nancies, treasure finding is like pet battling its niche and stupid to me but it's cool with me that it's in the game. It should not be a requirement, as its niche and stupid to a lot of people

Bring back flying please.... my mount has wings and wants too spread them.