Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Congrats, you're on a PvE server where you aren't affected? I'd gladly accept flying as a thing on PvE servers like I have already said.
    serious wpvp died, when BGs were released, it is that simple.

And you were never able to do anything about serious druid/rogue gankers before anyway, which IS why rogue was the most hated class in vanilla, the funny thing is, a friend woulld be more willing to help, if he could fly there in 3 minutes instead of taking a taxi and slow ride three times that long...

but really, wpvp happens anywhere, where the objective gives it an opportunity regardless of flight, I remember tons of pvp when farming apexis in Blades Edge...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Nonsense, we had it for 8 years, everything was fine.
    In WotLK the only two "relevant" end game outdoor zones required flying.
    In TBC the only "relevant" end game outdoor zone didn't allow flying.
    In MoP they also made relevant end game zones no-flight.

In short, if they want relevant end game outdoor, they inhibit flying.
    They want you to be able to play all over the Broken Isles at end game.
    Do the math.

The only expansion where you could fly from the get go was Cataclysm.
    Look how fun outdoor end game was.

In WoD Tanaan was mildly amusing for a while, and suddenly everyone started flying and there was no one on the ground for more than a few seconds at a time anymore.

Pretty much everytime a zone was designed with no flight in mind, it was reasonably fun.
    When flying is added, it becomes convenient. It becomes easy. And then, it becomes dead.

Not saying flying is bad as a concept, but a) it needs a revamp, and b) Blizzard simply doesn't know how to make content account for flying as it is.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-09-06 at 11:01 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't purchased the expansion yet as I'm lacking required funds to do so at the moment, but I've been listening my friend who's currently playing World of Warcraft: Legion. On top of watching some screenshots and zone previews of Legion zones, I've asked if there's any "annoying" zone(s) to navigate on ground and he said that only Highmountain is somewhat, but he apparently also dislikes it's overall theme.

Decided to refresh my memory of that zone and watched Wowhead's Zone Preview -video and didn't really notice anything that bad. It's mountain region, can't really expect to have straight and easy paths from every single spot to another one.

I'll probably be able to join you in couple months once I've paid other expenses, so I'll be able to voice my personal opinion about lack of flying and how Legion zone design affects it.

No, difference is you can chase them either away or until you catch them, either way they are away from your alt instead of sat 50y above your alt's corpse.
    Soo, are you suggesting that when you chase them in your flying mount they STAY hovering 50 ft above your alt instead of running away?

Yes, if you have an IQ higher than a melon you can probably figure out how to AoE at the right time, or keep a bleed or otherwise up.
    Soo, are you suggesting that you are being ganked by griefers so dumb, but SO DUMB, that they are incapable of keeping distance from your mains while stealthed, so they can avoid AOEs, which are short range?

Deleted
    Sometimes i have the feeling some people (in cluding you) do NOT read what is written here, or don't bother trying to understand what was written.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Because people only used flight in those zones that required flight? Why does for some very narrow minded persons there always HAVE to be a gameplay reason for a feature to exist? Answer: it doesn't need to have a gameplay requirement. Period.

Do the math.
    Since not everything needs a gameplay reason or requirement, math is pretty simple.

And THIS is the one i mentioned earlier. And the tremendous stupidity behind this "argument" drives me nuts. Really. People use your headmeat. Again, i'll try it very slowly and in simple words.. just for you:
    NOBODY wants flying while leveling! So all the arguments "see content while leveling" and "want to level faster" are out of the window, they are mood and just totally wrong. Simply because MOST people want flight AFTER the leveling is done and they have reached level 110.
    Do you get it now? So please stop those bullshit arguments. they just totally miss the case..... by miles.

In WoD Tanaan was mildly amusing for a while, and suddenly everyone started flying and there was no one on the ground for more than a few seconds at a time anymore.

Pretty much everytime a zone was designed with no flight in mind, it was reasonably fun.
    When flying is added, it becomes convenient. It becomes easy. And then, it becomes dead.
    That is highly subjective. To it has been fun with everybody grounded, to most others it has been fun after they could finally lift off again (otherwise they would have stayed on the ground with you).

Not saying flying is bad as a concept, but a) it needs a revamp, and b) Blizzard simply doesn't know how to make content account for flying as it is.
    This i can agree with. There are other concepts for flight that are way more fun. I don't understand why Blizz can't think of anything better. All they would have to do is look in their own forum and look for flight concepts to get ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I haven't purchased the expansion yet as I'm lacking required funds to do so at the moment, but I've been listening my friend who's currently playing World of Warcraft: Legion. On top of watching some screenshots and zone previews of Legion zones, I've asked if there's any "annoying" zone(s) to navigate on ground and he said that only Highmountain is somewhat, but he apparently also dislikes it's overall theme.

Decided to refresh my memory of that zone and watched Wowhead's Zone Preview -video and didn't really notice anything that bad. It's mountain region, can't really expect to have straight and easy paths from every single spot to another one.

I'll probably be able to join you in couple months once I've paid other expenses, so I'll be able to voice my personal opinion about lack of flying and how Legion zone design affects it.
    Highmoutain is the absolute worst to get around on the ground as it is completely mountainness and to get to rares, quest areas( more for world quests at 110), and even a few flight points it is hard to get to. Have to notice or find hidden pathways and some take you the wrong direction before looping around to where one wants to go. Also items and quests areas are not marked well on map.
    Near every zone is like this and remember mobs in every area scale up to you so you can't scout around easily need the leatherworking item that make it so you can't be dismounted.
    If they want no flying fine but don't make every zone a hassle to get around in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Highmoutain is the absolute worst to get around on the ground as it is completely mountainness and to get to rares, quest areas( more for world quests at 110), and even a few flight points it is hard to get to. Have to notice or find hidden pathways and some take you the wrong direction before looping around to where one wants to go. Also items and quests areas are not marked well on map.
    Near every zone is like this and remember mobs in every area scale up to you so you can't scout around easily need the leatherworking item that make it so you can't be dismounted.
    If they want no flying fine but don't make every zone a hassle to get around in.
    The only place i can think of as a hassle to get around in highmountain is right at the bottom, at the top of the mountain/in the valley with the arena world quest in a cave. even that isnt THAT bad.
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-09-06 at 12:37 PM.

Legion zones are small, boring, and have no impact in the greater scheme of things. All the more reason why no flying makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    The only place i can think of as a hassle to get around in highmountain is right at the bottom, at the top of the mountain/in the valley with the arena world quest in a cave. even that isnt THAT bad.
    To get to the iron clave flight point is a pain. In the one quest area there is an elite enti roaming around that basically one shots you to 110. Nevermind just generally getting around with all the mountain passes and caves one has to deal with. The caves are truely annoying too. While leveling it was ok but going back to get to world quests with the mobs scaling now up to you at 110 is a pain in the ass. I am fine with no flying till max level and think that is how it should be but at max level let me fly.

Finally as you pointed out there are areas in every zone that are forced pvp areas. One doesn't know where they are until 110 and they are world quest zones. So until 110 you just wander into them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    NOBODY wants flying while leveling!
    Ahahaha! You totally got me!

to most others it has been fun after they could finally lift off again (otherwise they would have stayed on the ground with you).
    Ahahaha! Aw, stop it, you. My headmeat is spinning.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-09-06 at 01:59 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

Deleted
    Ahahaha! You totally got me!

Ahahaha! Aw, stop it, you. My headmeat is spinning.
    So the only part you take in a discussion is when you pull the sentences of somebody else out of context. You are confusing what i have written to the third paragraph of yours and somehow drew a magical line to the first one, which i NEVER applied.

So you totally childish "Ahahaha" doesn't change the fact that what you have written is nonsense from start to finish. Unless you just write to troll, in that case you have done well, i bought it you cloud have been for real on that one.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the only part you take in a discussion is when you pull the sentences of somebody else out of context.
    Try reading that again, but this time think about yourself.

When I mentioned cataclysm flying "from the get go", it was all within a context, represented in the sentences written before and after it.
    Would you believe someone thought I was talking about flying while leveling? Insane, right?

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-09-06 at 02:00 PM.

To get to the iron clave flight point is a pain. In the one quest area there is an elite enti roaming around that basically one shots you to 110. Nevermind just generally getting around with all the mountain passes and caves one has to deal with. The caves are truely annoying too. While leveling it was ok but going back to get to world quests with the mobs scaling now up to you at 110 is a pain in the ass. I am fine with no flying till max level and think that is how it should be but at max level let me fly.

Finally as you pointed out there are areas in every zone that are forced pvp areas. One doesn't know where they are until 110 and they are world quest zones. So until 110 you just wander into them.
    The forced PVP areas on PVE realms is stretching it to be honest. Blizzard has to accept that the PVE and PVP communities are different like the fly and no fly communities.

But they are stubbornly repeating the mistakes of WoD.

I am absolutely loving levelling in a no-flying Broken Isles world. I hope it stays this way for as long as possible. Its fantastic seeing everyone on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    But they are stubbornly repeating the mistakes of WoD.
    But somehow, they believe they aren´t going to repeat the results of WoD.

Puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    There is no rational reason to defend no-flying for the game. WoD proved that beyond any doubt.
    There absolutely are reasons, you just choose to ignore them. Peruse this thread, and the several-thousand-page circle jerk on the topic that happened in the last expansion.

The official forums (NA) at the moment are littered with flying threads which I think is a bit excessive. But I am surprised they happened so soon as it has only been one week.

I expect flying threads to ramp up by the end of September and into October though.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There absolutely are reasons,
    Yet you fail to present even one.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Peruse this thread, and the several-thousand-page circle jerk on the topic that happened in the last expansion.
    I am one of the "founders" of this thread, so to speak.

May I suggest that you follow your own advice and "Peruse this thread, and the several-thousand-page circle jerk on the topic that happened in the last expansion"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The official forums (NA) at the moment are littered with flying threads which I think is a bit excessive. But I am surprised they happened so soon as it has only been one week.

I expect flying threads to ramp up by the end of September and into October though.
    Really? O.o

And the mods aren´t deleting them like they did during WoD´s time?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I am absolutely loving levelling in a no-flying Broken Isles world. I hope it stays this way for as long as possible. Its fantastic seeing everyone on the ground.
    You mean like it's been done in every expansion except Cataclysm...
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche