Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post

Now for the love of all things good and wholesome, please provide me with a compelling explanation for why I should remain grounded after completing all that.
    What possible reason is there that I should continue to experience everything from the ground after I've done all that and have already experienced the entire breadth of the new continent from the ground?
    There is no compelling reason, but there is Blizzard's reason:

They don't want flight to be available in current or future content, and they're unwilling to split access to flight across content releases or on a zone by zone basis.

Basically they're unwilling to include flight in the game in any meaningful way. That could change, of course, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

To me this indicates that there will be more content designed without flight in the currently available zones, maybe via phasing or something. If not, then I can't think of any good reasons except that maybe the sky still has some holes in it that would dismount, or otherwise cause technical problems, for fliers.

It's utterly stupid and petty, if you want my honest opinion. The recent nerfs to the brulfist totem and skyhorn kite only reinforces my belief that someone with authority is buttsore and spiteful about any form of flying.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-09 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There is no compelling reason, but there is Blizzard's reason:

They don't want flight to be available in current or future content, and they're unwilling to split access to flight across content releases or on a zone by zone basis.

Basically they're unwilling to include flight in the game in any meaningful way. That could change, of course, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I don't want zone by zone release. Once I have completed the continent on ground I expect to be able to use flight...in every zone. There is no more meaningful way to me than "you've done all the things and accomplished your goals!". Waaaaay more meaningful then, "You've waited until patch 7.4, so now you can FLY!!"

But otherwise, I get it that that is what they are saying. Which is why I'll be unsubbing again. I play for my reasons. The biggest is "what will I have the most fun doing". Blizzard is free to do things their way, and I'm free to not give them my money. I wish them (and you) well. I harbor no ill will towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's utterly stupid and petty, if you want my honest opinion. The recent nerfs to the brulfist totem and skyhorn kite only reinforces my belief that someone with authority is buttsore and spiteful about any form of flying.
    I have been repeating this for a few months now.

What a shame...

On the other hand, the threads asking for flight in the official forums are growing already, which means that players are more likely to unsub after the first or second month.
    If the exodus is big enough, they´ll have no choice but to bring Flight back sooner. And hopefully, the developer responsible for the no-flight decisions will be disciplined.
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-09-09 at 03:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is free to do things their way, and I'm free to not give them my money.
    you still pay money to play this game?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    you still pay money to play this game?
    For sure. My time is way more valuable then the meager $1.50 an hour equivalent I would earn playing to pay a 30-40k gold sub.

Here's the deal fliers. You have to admit that people will fly when flying is available. This is the kind of game people try to play as efficiently and to the best of their ability as possible, that aspect is one of the main draws of how the game works. You have to accept this because when you don't you're arguing from the point of being purposely obtuse. A flier pages back said that with Kazzak, even with flying, people asked for summons. That's exactly what I'm talking about. That isn't just one players laziness, it's just how it is.

With that accepted, you have to next accept that there needs to be a compromise of some sort. Being able to fly from any position in the world and drop right on wherever you want, is OP. Brainstorming needs to be done to think of a compromise that allows for the freedom of flight while keeping things realistic (as in not flying around like we have jet packs strapped to our backs).
    Best solution I've thought of so far is that flightmasters act like stable masters and you can only mount your flying from there.

No one hates the act of flying itself, they just realize how it effects the game.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-09-09 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Here's the deal fliers. You have to admit that people will fly when flying is available.
    That's basically our point. When it's an option, EVERYONE chooses to do it. No one gives 2 craps about tooling around on the ground anymore. All this talk about why the ground travel is SOOO much better is completely tossed out the window as all you grounders take to the air with reckless abandon.

That's basically our point. When it's an option, EVERYONE chooses to do it. No one gives 2 craps about tooling around on the ground anymore. All this talk about why the ground travel is SOOO much better is completely tossed out the window as all you grounders take to the air with reckless abandon.
    It has nothing, at all, with flying being better gameplay. How could you possibly miss the point that hard?

I don't want zone by zone release. Once I have completed the continent on ground I expect to be able to use flight...in every zone. There is no more meaningful way to me than "you've done all the things and accomplished your goals!". Waaaaay more meaningful then, "You've waited until patch 7.4, so now you can FLY!!"

But otherwise, I get it that that is what they are saying. Which is why I'll be unsubbing again. I play for my reasons. The biggest is "what will I have the most fun doing". Blizzard is free to do things their way, and I'm free to not give them my money. I wish them (and you) well. I harbor no ill will towards them.
    Having played beta though, having it unlock at launch in every zone other than Suramar upon completion of an achievement would have been far preferable to the current state of things. It's a shame Blizzard didn't go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Having played beta though, having it unlock at launch in every zone other than Suramar upon completion of an achievement would have been far preferable to the current state of things. It's a shame Blizzard didn't go that route.

That would have been fucking terrible.

Here's the deal fliers. You have to admit that people will fly when flying is available. This is the kind of game people try to play as efficiently and to the best of their ability as possible, that aspect is one of the main draws of how the game works. You have to accept this because when you don't you're arguing from the point of being purposely obtuse. A flier pages back said that with Kazzak, even with flying, people asked for summons. That's exactly what I'm talking about. That isn't just one players laziness, it's just how it is.

With that accepted, you have to next accept that there needs to be a compromise of some sort. Being able to fly from any position in the world and drop right on wherever you want, is OP. Brainstorming needs to be done to think of a compromise that allows for the freedom of flight while keeping things realistic (as in not flying around like we have jet packs strapped to our backs).
    Best solution I've thought of so far is that flightmasters act like stable masters and you can only mount your flying from there.

No one hates the act of flying itself, they just realize how it effects the game.
    this game is full of any kind of peoples and blizzard is already limiting us to much because an handful of those can't hold their shit and in this very long thread we have brainstormed many time to find a compromising solution that range from having a decent pathfinder (aka part one is enough) to changing flying to make it less convenient, implement flying combat, implement no fly around quest objective like in nagrand there was a no mount zone around garrosh last quest village, flying boss like the giant whale in vashjr (who give no loot but kill you if you afk flying) etc.

Most pro flier are willing to give up a part of the convenience it give to have it implemented i would say that most will even be happy if fly has some sort of gameplay attached to it, but all we get her from blizzard zealots is mokery and passive aggressive post and blizzard ignoring us.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    this game is full of any kind of peoples and blizzard is already limiting us to much because an handful of those can't hold their shit and in this very long thread we have brainstormed many time to find a compromising solution that range from having a decent pathfinder (aka part one is enough) to changing flying to make it less convenient, implement flying combat, implement no fly around quest objective like in nagrand there was a no mount zone around garrosh last quest village, flying boss like the giant whale in vashjr (who give no loot but kill you if you afk flying) etc.

Most pro flier are willing to give up a part of the convenience it give to have it implemented i would say that most will even be happy if fly has some sort of gameplay attached to it, but all we get her from blizzard zealots is mokery and passive aggressive post and blizzard ignoring us.
    You are willing - you seem pretty reasonable and open to discussion.

But I literally got called an "anti-flier" and a "crying little kid" (or something like that) for suggesting a flying-from-day-1 Xpac which would both enhance flying but also mean it wasn't just a super-convenient way to get around and AFK. So I'm not sure that most of the people who describe themselves as "pro-fliers" in this thread ARE actually willing to accept any limits or reduced convenience. They're willing to accept quests or gold to unlock but that's a little different.

I really can't see how flying can have any sort of fun content. Having to fly up a mountain with no path isn't content. I don't think people really want flying mount combat, and I don't think it'd work well with this games physics (Vashj'ir). And the anti-air idea people throw around is just silly.

There is a reason people never fly everywhere in movies where it'd be theoretically possible to do so.

It has nothing, at all, with flying being better gameplay. How could you possibly miss the point that hard?
    I didn't say it was better gameplay. It's just makes game time more fun. That's all my point has been.

That would have been fucking terrible.
    So you think 100% of the game should be catered to your preferred play style and that it is a smart idea for Blizzard, to alienate everyone who preferred how the game was for 8 years, instead of having some content for both groups? An entire endgame, story driven level 110 zone entirely designed for no flying is not good enough for you?

Well, this certainly shows how selfish you are.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    So you think 100% of the game should be catered to your preferred play style and that it is a smart idea for Blizzard, to alienate everyone who preferred how the game was for 8 years, instead of having some content for both groups? An entire endgame, story driven level 110 zone entirely designed for no flying is not good enough for you?

Well, this certainly shows how selfish you are.
    hahaha...wow. All he said was literally equivalent to, "I don't like that idea". From that you crafted a whole back story and motivation complete with his future desires of impositions on everyone else. That was incredible.

I really can't see how flying can have any sort of fun content. Having to fly up a mountain with no path isn't content. I don't think people really want flying mount combat, and I don't think it'd work well with this games physics (Vashj'ir). And the anti-air idea people throw around is just silly.

There is a reason people never fly everywhere in movies where it'd be theoretically possible to do so.
    so you mean peoples will chose no fly over modified fly?

and let me be clear new systems will never be perfect the first time they are implemented, vashj'ir was the first try of a 3d environment it was bound to have problems but if blizzard keep polishing the concept instead of abandoning it right now would have been another fun part of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

hahaha...wow. All he said was literally equivalent to, "I don't like that idea". From that you crafted a whole back story and motivation complete with his future desires of impositions on everyone else. That was incredible.
    Have you seen his post history? :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Vashj'ir was the first try of a 3d environment it was bound to have problems but if blizzard keep polishing the concept instead of abandoning it right now would have been another fun part of the game.
    I remember the discussion--if you could call it that, mostly it was one of those months-long bitchfests--about Vashj'ir. I think it's a great zone, one of the best in WoW but it was not well liked and for most the problem wasn't that it wasn't implemented well, it was that it was a 3D zone. I'm not sure that I agree that any amount of polish is going to change the way people perceive a game which is largely two-dimensional in nature. Even the flying argument from the start has been quite a bit about shortening the time needed to travel between one essentially 2D place and another. The nature of WoW and the limitations of its physics engine--which isn't even very good at things like jumping puzzles--would naturally bias it towards what it is instead of what it really isn't.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-09-09 at 07:28 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wrong.

They said the concurrent playerbase is as high as it was during early cataclysm, which means Subs are in the 10m range right now.
    I know you can't answer, but..... that is not what they said.
    Wha they said is that the count of the Players that played at the same time (like Steam statistics people playing peak), that does NOT mean in anyway shape or form that they are back at 10 million subs. I have to admit that the way to communicate has been a little vague.... and looking at you: probably on purpose so that their fans can spread the word (aka false information / not correct info).