Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    You'd didn't just misremember, you based an entire theory on a nonsense.
    Ok, and? Theories are just that until proven right/wrong through evidence. I posted that under a false presumption.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Ok, and? Theories are just that until proven right/wrong through evidence. I posted that under a false presumption.
    Fair enough I guess!

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Wow that's harsh. So if I find another game more fun and want to play it instead of WoW, I'm an immature child?
    Of course not, that's a different issue. You can switch games for all various reasons. However, no flying is no valid reason. Flying was never what made WoW great. It's barely something that ever contributed to its greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    That really seems like the reaction of an addict.
    Except I'm not one. I haven't played WoW for something like 18 months, for example. Not until last week and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    What a great example of subjective validation. I don't like not flying. People are quitting the game. Those people must also dislike not flying.

People aren't even quitting yet and you already know why they quit. Crazy.
    Sigh.

Do you know what the words "should" and "probably" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Sigh.

Do you know what the words "should" and "probably" mean?
    Don't divert the fact that your post had a very clear implication that no flying and people quitting are somehow the only cause and effect you can come up with because it fits your agenda

Don't divert the fact that your post had a very clear implication that no flying and people quitting are somehow the only cause
    Jaylock, is that you?

and effect you can come up with because it fits your agenda
    "Welcome" back, Jaylock.

Your... insigths... remain in accord with the... reputation... you have worked so hard to build.

Have you looked upon the meaning of "psycholoogical projection" I told you so long ago?

Jaylock, is that you?

"Welcome" back, Jaylock.

Your... insigths... remain in accord with the... reputation... you have worked so hard to build.

Have you looked upon the meaning of "psycholoogical projection" I told you so long ago?
    Not Jaylock. Done deflecting yet?

What exactly is the point of this thread still being open? There's no flying in 7.0 and the back-and-forth whining has gone on for almost 500 pages. What else is there to discuss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with the Jaylock back and forth. It's pointless. For a change discuss the topic and try to do so without stopping to lay on insults. You can respond in a PM if you like. Don't put it in the thread.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Not Jaylock. Done deflecting yet?
    Not my fault you keep intentionally missing the points of the answers I give you.

Not my fault you pretend that "probable loss" and an effect that "should" happen equate with "only cause"

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Of course not, that's a different issue. You can switch games for all various reasons. However, no flying is no valid reason. Flying was never what made WoW great. It's barely something that ever contributed to its greatness.

Except I'm not one. I haven't played WoW for something like 18 months, for example. Not until last week and Legion.
    Any reason a player chooses to quit is valid for that individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    No matter what side of the argument you are on about flying what Rebecca says is absolutely correct.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    This
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Flying doesn't destroy community but it actually promotes it.

Faceroll heroics and LFR destroy community. For a PVE player you are pretty uneducated about what destroyed the MMO in WoW.
    maybe the community destroy itself; if peoples still prefer to run pve using an automated system than being in a guild it's probably because they had some nasty encounter and after a day of work don't want to hear the babbling of someone like Ordinator in TS.

Anyway the point here is clear some peoples don't like flying because some sort of mambo jumbo ideal, if flying is enabled they use it because it's efficient and thus it should be disabled for everyone, that is the same line of reasoning that is behind many "hate thread" we see around not only about flying, but also lfr, lfg and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    "That's being realistic. They don't want it. Otherwise they never would have tried to remove it entirely. SirCowDog is completely correct that flying becomes available when you least need it and that's their point: they don't really want flight to have utility other than what they provide in a limited way through toys and such.:
    @MoanaLisa - And they've never really given a good reason for this (anti-flight people. No. None of your stock arguments hold water aside from 'I like this' which isn't an argument, it's a personal preference)..

They never will but I think it's because a lot of the team leads went to Titan in BC and want the game to be like it was back then. My issue with the lack of flight is that they ALSO designed the terrain in a near-abusive manner with a ton of cliffs, etc. For example, in Stormheim, near Hyrsdal (sp?) there's a bridge across a chasm... that's destroyed. Getting from many places to another quest is an annoying mess of wandering around over obstacles... if this were a natural environment, eh. But this is deliberately designed... and it's almost a 'fuck you, this would be easy with flight but you don't have that so run around little players!" feel. It has the Afrasiabi smell to it and I dislike that guy.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-09-09 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But this is deliberately designed... and it's almost a 'fuck you, this would be easy with flight but you don't have that so run around little players!" feel. It has the Afrasiabi smell to it and I dislike that guy.
    May I ask you why?
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-09-09 at 06:42 PM.

They never will but I think it's because a lot of the team leads went to Titan in BC and want the game to be like it was back then. My issue with the lack of flight is that they ALSO designed the terrain in a near-abusive manner with a ton of cliffs, etc. For example, in Stormheim, near Hyrsdal (sp?) there's a bridge across a chasm... that's destroyed. Getting from many places to another quest is an annoying mess of wandering around over obstacles... if this were a natural environment, eh. But this is deliberately designed... and it's almost a 'fuck you, this would be easy with flight but you don't have that so run around little players!" feel. It has the Afrasiabi smell to it and I dislike that guy.
    Sorry you feel like a victim because of their interesting terrain design. Its sad really that a broken bridge to you translates as a hateful message from the developers.

May I ask you why?
    Seeing how the whole flight debacle was non-existant until he (Afrasiabi) made his comments about it in that interview prior to WoD's release (it was in the OP of the 20k page shitstorm thread), I can see how that poster would draw that conclusion. That said, correlation isn't causation, so unless someone who was privvy to boardroom meetings or such decides to chime in, we'll never know if it was his idea or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    @MoanaLisa - And they've never really given a good reason for this (anti-flight people. No. None of your stock arguments hold water aside from 'I like this' which isn't an argument, it's a personal preference)..
    Ghostcrawler did though in 2012. When asked if he would do flying mounts again, knowing what he knew then, would he still do it. Answer: No, they make the world too safe. You may not think that a good reason but it's a reason and from someone who was near the top of the developer food chain at Blizzard for a good long while. There is every reason to believe that the developers there now still agree with him.

At this point I'm trying to be a realist about what's likely to happen with flying and remind people that whatever their suggestions for change are they have this brick wall they need to get past: for whatever reason, Blizzard developers have soured on people achieving unlimited flight utility before finishing up expansion zones. That's clearly where they are and they seem willing to absorb whatever losses they get because of it. Also, clearly, the big takeaway to fix from Warlords was "not enough to do" instead of "put flying back in like it was". That's a bet and we'll see how that plays out. No flight in 7.0 doesn't seem to be hurting box sales. Personally, I unsubscribed for a few months because of nothing to do rather than having flying to go to nothing to do.

I do agree that mountainous zones need to be better planned out and put have put out there the idea that corpse runs from graveyards have had their day and need to be looked at. Not a fan of Afrasiabi either really.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    So I was doing a bunch of WQs today for a couple of objectives
    I think, the whole reason there's a conflict in this topic is expectations and how WoW should "be".

Like, my main is currently average i829. He does mythic now and then (being gloriously unlucky with drops), keeps and eye on WQs. He has the FP Whistle.
    When I'm out in the world, I don't "EXPECT" the 'RIGHT' to ignore mobs. If anything, the scaling mob system has made sure that no matter what, mobs are relevant in some manner. Whether it's me avoiding them or AoEing them. Aggro-range is something to consider, etc.

While the biggest issue for die-hard Pro-Flyers is the fact that a majority of WoW players don't care about flying if theres content to do, they'll constantly contest this in other ways. For Pro-flyers, feedback doesn't matter unless it agrees with them. Just look at Arclyde-79s bullcrap. "Polls doesn't matter". "Threads on official forums doesn't matter". "Threads on MMO-C doesn't matter".

In short, Arclyde only gives credit when people say "No flying sucks gief flying".
    Well, anyone semi-active in Legion by now might have noticed... that while people might ask about flying now and then... they don't really care. As long as they have something to strive for, flight or not doesn't fucking matter. Something that Arclyde, Mafic and Company doesn't have the mental ability to process.

Well sorry people of this little echo chamber thread, but right now 99% of the playerbase are focusing on progression, not whether or not they have flight. You sandboxers have lost.

Your only strength was WoD's total lack of world endgame content, and Legion has it.
    But sure, it's amusing to see people say that everyone's opinion is irrelevant (until they proclaim how important flight is, of course)

But you know what the worst thing is?
    It's that... WoW has improved so much, it's obvious that Blizzard learned a shitload from the failure of WoD.
    And yet there will always be these narrowminded kiddies that think flight is a human right.
    Ah well.
    Premature ejaculator?

It's been just two weeks since launch. I remember lots of praise for WoD this early. Apexis, bonus objectives, rares, world bosses, rare material quests, unique companion acquisition, treasures, STUFF TO DO IN THE WORLD. YAY!

Try again in November.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side