10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    So no flight where someone would want to use it in?
    Pretty sure Blizzard doesn't want players to use flight in current content, seen that multiple times in history already.

And anyways, you could still collect ore, herbs, world quests, archaeology etc.. with flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Pretty sure Blizzard doesn't want players to use flight in current content, seen that multiple times in history already.
    Pretty sure this will end as well as WoD did, for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    You do realise that had everything to do with the content drought and very little to do with anything flying related... right?

Like I said, most ppl couldnt give a shit about whether they fly or not as long as they're happily doing content they enjoy.

If anything, I think its more likely you'll get flying even later this expansion if they keep releasing fresh content patches. You're only more likely to get flying sooner if there are big delays again (which very well may happen - but they've continuously expressed its exactly what they're trying to avoid).
    i think that will go the other way around, in WoD most peoples didn't give to much to no fly because there were problems that eclipsed it, if legion has less problems and more content peoples will most likely begin to notice no-flying and ask for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this will end as well as WoD did, for them.
    Maybe, maybe not - can't say how it went since I was long gone by then, at least on my part Legion looks a lot better than WoD.

Sadly I'm already tethered to raid team in FFXIV, and can't afford to pay both subscriptions at the same time for long, so coming and going as I can with Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    i think that will go the other way around, in WoD most peoples didn't give to much to no fly because there were problems that eclipsed it, if legion has less problems and more content peoples will most likely begin to notice no-flying and ask for it.
    You are essentially saying:

WoD: There is nothing to do outside my Garrison, so I´ll just stay here. I´m not travelling so the travel mode isn´t actively bothering me.

Legion: I need to get into that rat´s maze again?!? Why can´t I just fly there instead of dealing with every twist and turn!

Correct?

And anyways, you could still collect ore, herbs, world quests, archaeology etc.. with flight.
    i agree there is no saint in the paradise that would make them enable flight for current content, they will probably open broken shore in 7.2 as quest hub and make it no fly like isle of thunder.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Maybe, maybe not - can't say how it went since I was long gone by then, at least on my part Legion looks a lot better than WoD.
    Very true, very true...

But c´mon, being better than WoD isn´t exactly difficult, is it? :P

You are essentially saying:

WoD: There is nothing to do outside my Garrison, so I´ll just stay here. I´m not travelling so the travel mode isn´t actively bothering me.

Legion: I need to get into that rat´s maze again?!? Why can´t I just fly there instead of dealing with every twist and turn!

Correct?
    correct, wod had problems that were like towering mountains compared to no fly, now legion seem better and peoples will notice no fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    But c´mon, being better than WoD isn´t exactly difficult, is it? :P
    Haha, yeah.. selfie-camera and Twitter Integration. So far only expansion that made me freeze subscription half-way, heck.. I even paid through whole MoP-WoD wait.

Haha, yeah.. selfie-camera and Twitter Integration. So far only expansion that made me freeze subscription half-way, heck.. I even paid through whole MoP-WoD wait.
    almost the same here. I had stopped in Cata, then returned to WoW in 5.3, after the announcement of WoD, in order to "prepare" for the expansion. Pandaria was en excellent Xpack, so no regrets on that front.

But regarding WoD... -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The reaction to "no flight ever" showed there was a sizable number of players happy (or at least content or ambivalent) to do without flight in current content as long as they get to fly eventually, in other words people who are happy (or at least content or ambivalent) with pathfinder, or as you would call them "anti-fliers."

You're just bitter about the game not being developed to your exact specifications so you're creating accusations of spite instead of accepting that not everyone shares you're taste.
    They love to throw temper tantrums then come up with wild conspiracies, and when called on said conspiracies, start projecting their anger, salt and bitterness everywhere.

It's sad to see so many people so consumed and blinded by rage.

But then you have to remember there are plenty of people happily playing the game. Cata levels of people.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    They love to throw temper tantrums then come up with wild conspiracies, and when called on said conspiracies, start projecting their anger, salt and bitterness everywhere.

But then you have to remember there are plenty of people happily playing the game. Cata levels of people.
    The funny thing is, taken out of context, I can't actually tell which side of the argument you're referring to.

And of course it's always those that don't agree with you who are 'blinded by rage'
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And of course it's always those that don't agree with you who are 'blinded by rage'
    Can't say I've called anyone a moron, an idiot, a cuck or a troll in this thread, but many have called me that. So yeah, in this case it is those people.

And no, it's not everyone on that side. It's many of them, but people like sircowdog have shown civility and restraint. Meanwhile others are just like "You no fly cuck r such stoopid".
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-09-11 at 07:57 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Can't say I've called anyone a moron, an idiot, a cuck or a troll in this thread, but many have called me that. So yeah, in this case it is those people.

And no, it's not everyone on that side. It's many of them, but people like sircowdog have shown civility and restraint. Meanwhile others are just like "You no fly cuck r such stoopid".
    And there's plenty of people who say things like "flying iz dumb an ur dumb 4 wanting it".

How about we focus on the real discussion instead of wasting time on the low-end of the spectrum? Yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    no you only think that what you like is good for the game, until the day blizzard remove something you care about and come here voicing our opinion.
    Usually the things i care about in the game are at the core of the game. If you put all the games worth on something as auxiliary as flying, you are asking to be let down eventually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And there's plenty of people who say things like "flying iz dumb an ur dumb 4 wanting it".

How about we focus on the real discussion instead of wasting time on the low-end of the spectrum? Yeah?
    There hasn't really been much of a discussion since early WoD. This thread really is just a lot of poo slinging. Threads like these get volatile and the mods are told to not hand out infractions unless a post is really bad, which is why every time I get called a troll, cuck, moron, etc. and report it, it goes unpunished. It happens with all volatile threads on these forums. Mods don't get involved unless it gets really bad. They know it's a bunch of shit slinging, and they let it happen because they know people are gonna do it.

Occasionally there's like a "yeah that'd be cool" comment where a couple of people can agree, and then it goes right back to the shit slinging.

What really is an eyesore is people throwing out conspiracies like facts. That people started playing WoW because of flight, or they quit because they took it out in WoD. No one here has access to exact sub numbers, and from what we know, active subs are "at their highest in years" and "concurrent users are at levels that were only last seen at cata's launch" which was basically the absolute peak of WoW's subs. We also know that day 1 sales are pretty damn high. And those are the only things we really know. But from all of that, we can conclude that flight not being in initially is not as game breaking for the populace as a whole as some in here would like to push off.

People play this game to raid, to gear treadmill, to play with friends, they play WoW for a lot of reasons, and lack of flight isn't nearly as game breakingly traumatic as those who are traumatized by it think it is. They're projecting their dislike onto the populace.

The conspiracy theories are another headache enducing failure of logic. You can argue that developing content that makes flight INTERESTING takes time and resources to develop, but simply designing a continent and implementing flight on it... does not.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-09-11 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Usually the things i care about in the game are at the core of the game. If you put all the games worth on something as auxiliary as flying, you are asking to be let down eventually.
    so basically you care about raiding i'm correct?

- - - Updated - - -

There hasn't really been much of a discussion since early WoD. This thread really is just a lot of poo slinging. Threads like these get volatile and the mods are told to not hand out infractions unless a post is really bad, which is why every time I get called a troll, cuck, moron, etc. and report it, it goes unpunished. It happens with all volatile threads on these forums. Mods don't get involved unless it gets really bad. They know it's a bunch of shit slinging, and they let it happen because they know people are gonna do it.

Occasionally there's like a "yeah that'd be cool" comment where a couple of people can agree, and then it goes right back to the shit slinging.

What really is an eyesore is people throwing out conspiracies like facts. That people started playing WoW because of flight, or they quit because they took it out in WoD. No one here has access to exact sub numbers, and from what we know, active subs are "at their highest in years" and "concurrent users are at levels that were only last seen at cata's launch" which was basically the absolute peak of WoW's subs. We also know that day 1 sales are pretty damn high. And those are the only things we really know. But from all of that, we can conclude that flight not being in initially is not as game breaking for the populace as a whole as some in here would like to push off.

People play this game to raid, to gear treadmill, to play with friends, they play WoW for a lot of reasons, and lack of flight isn't nearly as game breakingly traumatic as those who are traumatized by it think it is. They're projecting their dislike onto the populace.
    flying imho is pretty big feature until ffxiv introduced it wow was the only mmo with a decent fly in it, delaying it may not be the only cause that push someone to quit but in the eye of many is a cons when it come to judge an xpack, in wod it piled up with many other cons, in legion who know we will see in a few month.

Questionable.

Take into consideration how much Blizz has already lost due to this "success" named WoD: Millions of subscriptions, a lot of consumer goodwill, and customer trust.

If anything, the results are probably going to be worse.

I mean, its not like someone out there is going to say: "YES! we only lost 2 million subs this time! Success!", right?
    Blizzard has changed what they consider success, so they like box sales and everything else is a bonus. The problem is that was way back when they were still talking about faster expansions.

This is why this mid expansion talk translates to probably a year wait for flying most likely and that will not fly or be acceptable by the vast majority of the playerbase.

Yes, thats exactly why the devs kept their vision of no flying ever again. They certaily did not do a 180 degree´s turn in record time.

There is no flight in Ba Sing Se, I mean, WoW, right?
    Did you even read what you're replying to? I was talking about them abandoning "no flight ever" but sticking with their vision of creating content designed to be tackled from the ground. That is why we have pathfinder coming later in the expansion. If you consider that a "pro-flight" victory then there should be nothing for you to complain about, but from what you post it seems you consider that to be more what "anti-flight" people wanted.

Do you have something more substantial than projection?
    What do I have to be bitter about? WoW's current direction is probably most suited to my preferences than it has been since I stopped raiding and started playing super casually.