7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Smoking cigarettes must be good for you! It sure is strange that they got cancer at a higher rate

Not sure what that was all about, or how it even appies to this topic of conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    How will that actually be different from Legion Pathfinder? o_O
    My point exactly. Except for me, there is still plenty to do in Legion, and we are actually getting content, not selfies. We have a class hall where we see others, not a garrison. We have world quests, not just same old dailies to grind out. Anyone who thinks Draenor is on the same level as Legion has obviously NOT played Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    And Blizz should have to hear the whining about how much more fun content would be with flight enabled? Either you enjoyed the content the first time, or you didn't. Suffering the same content over and over is the price of playing alts which is why I have a main... and a single alt. One Alliance, one Horde. I just want to see the story from both sides. Flight is a perk for me, not a way of gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I am. I want flight at lvl 1 as a 10 year veteran. I also think it should be account wide so the 310% speed is shared with both characters (and future alts I may or may not roll). I want to make a flight switch (like a light switch) for older raids like Ulduar and Firelands, making it easier to just farm bosses. Now, ask Blizz if what I want is good for THE game, or simply good for MY game. Yeah, I'm pro-flight. But, I am also intelligent enough to know what I am buying before I buy it, and not demand the company to reformat it so it suits my play-style. I'm not going to call Nintendo and tell them to add the raccoon suit to the original Super Mario because that was more fun than fireballs. Why would I do the same to Blizz? Either I like the game, or I don't. Either I like the content, or I don't. How I travelled didn't make garrisons suck any less.
    It's funny. Isn't that EXACTLY what Blizzard did with WoD and Legion by taking away flying and changing how the game had worked for the previous 7 years?

- - - Updated - - -

My point exactly. Except for me, there is still plenty to do in Legion, and we are actually getting content, not selfies. We have a class hall where we see others, not a garrison. We have world quests, not just same old dailies to grind out. Anyone who thinks Draenor is on the same level as Legion has obviously NOT played Legion.
    Sure, new content that has to be done BEFORE you can unlock flying. That's REQUIRED to unlock flying. So let me repeat the question: How is that different from WoD, where you only get flying once pathfinder is done, and "nothing left to do. Even with flight...would have been flying over a world where there wasn't jack shit to experience" ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I wish they would just remove flying altogether.

Flying isnt good for the game.
    While I know flying is not needed to play the game, it is satisfying at the end of the day in Stormwind to mount that dragon and fly back to my Apple farm in Westfall. I may be an epic adventurer, but much like Bilbo Baggins, I return home and resume the life I want, not the one thrust upon me

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny. Isn't that EXACTLY what Blizzard did with WoD and Legion by taking away flying and changing how the game had worked for the previous 7 years?
    Uh, it's THEIR company, and THEIR game. Just like a radio station can change formats, a gaming company has the same inalienable rights. You're just pissed because they are exercising their freedom of artistic intent. The new Zelda looks nothing like the original Zelda, but I don't hear people boycotting it.

Sure, new content that has to be done BEFORE you can unlock flying. That's REQUIRED to unlock flying. So let me repeat the question: How is that different from WoD, where you only get flying once pathfinder is done, and "nothing left to do. Even with flight...would have been flying over a world where there wasn't jack shit to experience" ?
    It will be no different, until they unlock new areas just like they did with Pandaria. A couple of no-flyzone islands where people visit, experience stuff, and wait for the next expac. Personally, I hated Timeless Isle, and Thunder Isle, but there were far more people who seemed to like it. I didn't hate it for the lack of flight, I just thought it sucked. It didn't appeal to me, so I instead went and did other things.

But for argument's sake, let's say they unlock flight this very second, and you spend 2 months rushing through all of the open world stuff you are protesting as a pedestrian, aren't you back to having nothing to do but ride around on your dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    I hated the TBC and Wrath dailies that dealt with flying... All you did was zig zag back and forth or fly straight up in the air.
    That isn't true at all.

For example the dailies next to the Argent Crusade tournament grounds had NPCs closely clustered together so hoping up and zig zagging around with a flying mount wasn't possible. Argent dailies you didn't do that either as a lot of the dailies involved mounted jousting combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That isn't true at all.

For example the dailies next to the Argent Crusade tournament grounds had NPCs closely clustered together so hoping up and zig zagging around with a flying mount wasn't possible. Argent dailies you didn't do that either as a lot of the dailies involved mounted jousting combat.
    Please find me one person who liked mounted jousting combat that shit was the plague in Wrath days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Please find me one person who liked mounted jousting combat that shit was the plague in Wrath days.
    I loved it.

And I loved flying around doing my herbalism and mining in WotLK.

If you were expecting a new castle, you were bound to be let down. Naxx was a reskin, but is arguably one of the more popular raids from Wrath next to Ulduar. I never understood the sense of entitlement from some of the posters in this thread. "We deserve flight" "Stop being lazy and reskinning content" "We want everything to be new so we can fly over it and ignore most of it".
    I specifically said "Not saying they should always do new instances, but don't overestimate a reskin, even a good one." - it's right in the text you quoted.

This shows that no, I was not expecting a new castle, and your BS tirade about entitlement is misguided.

/sigh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I specifically said "Not saying they should always do new instances, but don't overestimate a reskin, even a good one." - it's right in the text you quoted.

This shows that no, I was not expecting a new castle, and your BS tirade about entitlement is misguided.

/sigh
    Well then, I stand corrected. My apologies. I was also in 2 other windows at the same time and did not properly address your comment. That said, the entire point of my discussion is to illustrate that most people are seldom happy, regardless of what they get. Compared to the garbage they gave us with Draenor, I am ecstatic!

Uh, it's THEIR company, and THEIR game. Just like a radio station can change formats, a gaming company has the same inalienable rights. You're just pissed because they are exercising their freedom of artistic intent. The new Zelda looks nothing like the original Zelda, but I don't hear people boycotting it.
    But you're the one chastising people for choosing to not use their product when they're unsatisfied with THEIR decisions. It's not Blizzard coming out here and saying 'hey guys, shut up and stop whining! It's not a big deal!'.

As for Zelda, if you're actually on the forums and listening to the feedback on Breath of the Wild, there is a LOT of skepticism over the move to an open-world format. Many people are still looking forward to and excited about the game, but just because YOU aren't aware of the skepticism doesn't mean it doesn't exist. This is a fact for every previous release as well, from Wind Waker to Twilight Princess to Skyward Sword. There has been no Zelda game that has been universally praised without some form of criticism. While it may not lead to boycott, it will adversely affect potential launch sales of the Switch. This has been a heavy discussion within my circle of friends, us being Nintendo fans trying to justify a launch-purchase of their new console. Not everyone is looking for an open world game when they think of Zelda, and the lack of information on its story is causing a lot of hesitation over the hype. Just do the research and you'll see the skepticism is all over the internet.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-11-02 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    But you're the one chastising people for choosing to not use their product when they're unsatisfied with THEIR decisions. It's not Blizzard coming out here and saying 'hey guys, shut up and stop whining! It's not a big deal!'.

As for Zelda, if you're actually on the forums and listening to the feedback on Breath of the Wild, there is a LOT of skepticism over the move to an open-world format. Many people are still looking forward to and excited about the game, but just because YOU aren't aware of the skepticism doesn't mean it doesn't exist. This is a fact for every previous release as well, from Wind Waker to Twilight Princess to Skyward Sword. There has been no Zelda game that has been universally praised. Do your research.
    When a company comes out and tells people to shut up and deal with it, they might as well shut their doors. Anyone with a lick of sense knows it. But, they have fans who are willing to do it for them. Just a shame when the obvious has to be pointed out over and over. It's their game and their format, and they can do as they please with both. So either play it, or walk away from it. 2241 pages of pissing and moaning didn't change their opinion even in an expac that sucked ass. What makes non-subbed individuals think that 8 people in 600+ pages will change their minds in a successful expac? The level of entitlement and the delusions of grandeur from you people astonish me.

When a company comes out and tells people to shut up and deal with it, they might as well shut their doors. Anyone with a lick of sense knows it. But, they have fans who are willing to do it for them. Just a shame when the obvious has to be pointed out over and over. It's their game and their format, and they can do as they please with both. So either play it, or walk away from it. 2241 pages of pissing and moaning didn't change their opinion even in an expac that sucked ass. What makes non-subbed individuals think that 8 people in 600+ pages will change their minds in a successful expac? The level of entitlement and the delusions of grandeur from you people astonish me.
    It IS their game and the CAN do whatever they want with it. I have been saying the exact same thing. The difference between us is our opinion on what fans should do.

You believe fans should take anything up the ass and keep running, abiding by the game design we are given. I believe fans should express their opinions and act on their freedom of choice on things they like and don't like. That's really all there is to it. Neither of us is wrong, but when we're in a discussion about dissatisfaction and want for change, then the catalyst for that is criticism, not pacifism. To tell everyone how much of a blind sheep you are does nothing to help the conversation.

And it's funny that you don't think complaining will change anything, yet here you are complaining about complainers. Kettle, meet pot. Walk away, my friend.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-11-02 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

That isn't true at all.

The argent dailies were more ground mount jousting combat.

You could do the zig zag at the argent crusade tournament to dodge any projectiles, all the wrath flying ones consisted of this. Only thing you couldn't do was fly straight up in the air to dodge, that was fixed by that point.

TBC this is true about all the flying content. If they had a projectile and you were on a mount then you went back and forth every few seconds while flying on an angle, this would cause you to dodge it. If you had a flying unit attacking you then all you needed to do was fly straight up, every flying mob couldn't fly straight up so they would start slowly zig zagging up.

I liked it, and I even went back and completed all the quests to get Crusader when my original wow account was given away to a friend and I had to start over.

I mean...holy shit! It's almost as if different people like different things! WUT?!

I loved it.

And I loved flying around doing my herbalism and mining in WotLK.
    For herbing and mining purposes, flying is amazing. Outside of that I would rather have ground mounts.

If they keep ground mounts I am happy with that. If they end up bringing back flying for good, I am also fine with that. I prefer no flying but the laziness created by the convenience of flying can be pretty relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Let's make sure to get a thread going that's like 20000 pages long to talk about it for several months.
    This guy had it right.. topkek

I liked it, and I even went back and completed all the quests to get Crusader when my original wow account was given away to a friend and I had to start over.

I mean...holy shit! It's almost as if different people like different things! WUT?!
    Should have worded it differently to trigger this crowd differently. Mounted Jousting was a poor form of combat.

I completed every quest on 9 different characters in Wrath. It doesn't change that mechanically, mounted jousting was clunky as fuck. You can like clunky things, just like I like Armored Core controls, but guess what. It's still bad.

Yeah but you are not allowed to like different things.

The whole Legacy server is a battle between two groups of people just wanting to play the iteration they most enjoy.

One side feels they need to attack new content to make blizzard think legacy server is more important.

The other side is offended for getting told they like a crappy game. They also believe the old game could never be fun.

Both iterations of current WoW and classic WoW are amazing in different peoples eyes but no one is allowed to disagree or the pitchforks come out. The people who want legacy servers need to stop attacking current WoW and the people fighting against having Legacy servers need to stop fighting those people.

Flying is the same way in this scenario. I don't want flying personally but if they add it into the game then that is fine as I know other people want it. I used to think anyone that wanted flying was trying to tell me the game is shit without flying but that was only because I told them I felt flying destroyed a part of the game for myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It IS their game and the CAN do whatever they want with it. I have been saying the exact same thing. The difference between us is our opinion on what fans should do.

You believe fans should take anything up the ass and keep running, abiding by the game design we are given. I believe fans should express their opinions and act on their freedom of choice on things they like and don't like. That's really all there is to it. Neither of us is wrong, but when we're in a discussion about dissatisfaction and want for change, then the catalyst for that is criticism, not pacifism. To tell everyone how much of a blind sheep you are does nothing to help the conversation.

And it's funny that you don't think complaining will change anything, yet here you are complaining about complainers. Kettle, meet pot. Walk away, my friend.
    I never said anyone should take anything anywhere. But you use whatever metaphor you are most familiar with

This will be the last time I say this: It's their game, and their direction of format. If people dislike it, they need to just unsub and walk away. If/When Blizz is actually affected by sub-loss, and they compile data from exit interviews in the unsub feature, they will do just like they did with Draenor:

"Oh shit, people hated the rep grind" - Add Medallion of the Legion and increase the drop rate making it easier to gain rep.

"Oh shit, people hate the garrison grind" - Add Huge Ogre Cache and Bulging Barrel of Oil to help speed things along

"Oh shit, people hate the lack of flight" - Add Draenor Pathfinder to unlock flight.

"Oh shit, people hate the lack of content" - Nothing we can do til Legion, but here are some Halloween and Christmas decor for your garrisons, and some new pets and toys.
    People have the right to complain... if they are an actual consumer. Issue your complaint, and then walk away. When you sit in the same thread for 2k pages bitching about the same thing, it feels less like "feedback" and more like stalking.

I'm having a difficult time understanding why individuals are convinced flying is not a positive aspect for the game. Having the option to fly now provides no clear advantage except saving time. We don't have to battle for gathering nodes, world PvP is mostly never a fair fight, and a lot of the WQ are near flight masters. Time is important for a percentage of the player base. Maybe a person has limited time to play each day and flying could net an extra WQ completion? I see no harm in having the option to fly being there for a personal decision to use it or not.

Should have worded it differently to trigger this crowd differently. Mounted Jousting was a poor form of combat.

I completed every quest on 9 different characters in Wrath. It doesn't change that mechanically, mounted jousting was clunky as fuck. You can like clunky things, just like I like Armored Core controls, but guess what. It's still bad.
    You not liking something doesn't make it "clunky". It worked fine once you understood it. BTW, I've played armored core too, and liked that as well.

Anyway, it's besides the point. Too many people in this thread seem to lack the understanding that just because they're getting what they want doesn't mean that it's automatically good. And vice-a-versa, NOT liking something doesn't make it bad. There's room for both.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    Yeah but you are not allowed to like different things.

The whole Legacy server is a battle between two groups of people just wanting to play the iteration they most enjoy.

One side feels they need to attack new content to make blizzard think legacy server is more important.

The other side is offended for getting told they like a crappy game. They also believe the old game could never be fun.

Both iterations of current WoW and classic WoW are amazing in different peoples eyes but no one is allowed to disagree or the pitchforks come out. The people who want legacy servers need to stop attacking current WoW and the people fighting against having Legacy servers need to stop fighting those people.

Flying is the same way in this scenario. I don't want flying personally but if they add it into the game then that is fine as I know other people want it. I used to think anyone that wanted flying was trying to tell me the game is shit without flying but that was only because I told them I felt flying destroyed a part of the game for myself.
    Exactly!

Too many people think that in order to make their point they have to absolutely break down and destroy the other side. Intolerance of anything besides that which agrees with you is a terrible platform to make your arguments. I have personally tried VERY hard to present my point of view in a form that allows for both flying AND ground content. And yet, in almost every case, all suggestions or idea that help to improve the state of flying to make it fit within the larger scope of wow gets straw-manned, dismissed, or outright insulted.