Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    I don't see how it compares. Crushing blows was out of your control for bears and required a specific gear setup for warrior and paladins. Taking a crushing blow could be a complete random 1shot since mobs hit for more than half your hp. Active mitigation at the right time is something you can plan ahead, and anticipate via a cast time from a mob... I think the only situation where that's not true in all of WoD is warlord Zaela's destrutive smite which can still be pre-planned with DBM.

And for a lot of abilities, not using your AM at the right time does not necessairly kill you, but it does leave you at low hp.
    Warriors had to time shield block for crushing blows. Prince in Kara is a good example of that. So yes, they did have an active mitigation button for that. You could not completely push crushing blows off the table with gear, the expectation was still that you used shield block. Druids were a different case, you stacked armor and stam to eat them. Druids have always been a more passive tank, until MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Warriors had to time shield block for crushing blows. Prince in Kara is a good example of that. So yes, they did have an active mitigation button for that. You could not completely push crushing blows off the table with gear, the expectation was still that you used shield block. Druids were a different case, you stacked armor and stam to eat them. Druids have always been a more passive tank, until MoP.
    There was no timing with shield block in BC, I played one. The only fight where there was anything like shield block timing was vs Illidan's shear.
    In general, you just mashed the button on CD to prevent them, and it pushed all crushing blows away because it'd push them off the combat table, leaving room only for miss, dodge, parry and block, and shield block would block just enough attacks until it becomes available to use again.

I also had a warrior then, though I'll admit it was an alt, but it was the toon I did BT, Hyjal and the little bit of Sunwell that I saw with. Timing was still important as I recall. Fundamentally though, it is the same mechanic as we are dealing with today, they just reduced the cooldown to "allow" you to use it more frequently and there is little you can do to improve your passive mitigation.

Oldschool shield block was like 5sec cd, blocked the next 3 attacks, which covered all of the attacks that a boss would do to you.. so there wasn't any timing that i can recall of.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I think having to use active mitigation is fine but they need to get the rage costs right and I feel the rage cap has been too low for rage tanks for a while now. If you are going ot have abilities that costs 60 rage the cap should be higher than 100.

I'd give Blizzard a little more time to make another pass before you start complaining but I agree that the people that say it's not finished yet when there are just a couple months left are brain dead.
    With lower cost AMs (and probably lower rage generation?) the cap of 100 rage is in practice significantly higher. I don't like it to be too high though, or we'd just be forced to try and cap it while not tanking so we'd later could chain ironfur for like 45 sec. The dream would be if we could keep our rage when shifting forms. No longer being heavily punished because someone else died and we have to ress them, and less drawbacks of switching to cat form to DPS when not tanking.

Deleted
    Would it be possible to make some sort of weakaura that tracks how much damage you've taken over the last 6 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Would it be possible to make some sort of weakaura that tracks how much damage you've taken over the last 6 seconds?
    I'd imagine so or failing that there will be an addon for it because that model is the way Deathstrike used to work in MoP. I think there was an addon that most people used for predicting their strikes which was BloodShieldTracker back then. Id guess it could probably be made in a weakaura as well but dont quote me on that.

Quick searching found this

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Strike-healing
    Last edited by Boredpanda; 2015-11-29 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    Taking the form of a great bear, the guardian druid becomes a massive wall of fur, claw, tooth, and rage, aided by the forces of nature, standing between allies and any opposing threats.

I don't know if shooting lazorbeams is "aided by the forces of nature", but I don't like the Moonfire as a mechanic nor do I think it fits the "fantasy" too well. It feels like they just put it there because they had to try to fill a ability slot somehow.

Insect Swarm would have been better ability. (think: 5y range, AOE/ranged threat/pick up ability)

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Taking the form of a great bear, the guardian druid becomes a massive wall of fur, claw, tooth, and rage, aided by the forces of nature, standing between allies and any opposing threats.

I don't know if shooting lazorbeams is "aided by the forces of nature", but I don't like the Moonfire as a mechanic nor do I think it fits the "fantasy" too well. It feels like they just put it there because they had to try to fill a ability slot somehow.

Insect Swarm would have been better ability. (think: 5y range, AOE/ranged threat/pick up ability)
    Or because they thought the Guardians of the Galaxy reference was an hilarious joke...
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post

I think "Forces of Nature" is a codename for the secret Druid Boomkin army.

Deleted
    I think personally that moonfire is better than faerie fire, but insect swarm would have been better than moonfire for our go to spammy beary ability.

I think personally that moonfire is better than faerie fire, but insect swarm would have been better than moonfire for our go to spammy beary ability.
    I think that the problem with insect swarm is that it does no instant damage.

Yeah it's just about parsing the combat log. Just brute forcing it would take a few lines to write, but there's some very simple optimizations that would make it a lot more efficient. Remember Blizzard does this for Resolve right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    I think that the problem with insect swarm is that it does no instant damage.
    No reason why it can't, some insects bite you instantly then continue to bite you later on.

Insects.

I like my idea better, more nature-magic oriented... like smashing the ground and making a root impale someone at range.

Meh I could have button 1-5 as my moves names with no animations. long as the rotation itself is somewhat engaging and isn't afk lacerate that is this tier outside hotw.

I honestly thought the moonfire thing was a joke when I first saw it, because it makes absolutely no sense. (not to say the idea of it isn't fun, it just doesn't fit) Not a huge fan of the Insect Swarm idea either. If we are playing on the fantasy that we are a mighty bear, our abilities should revolve around that concept. Perhaps we need another roar ability, the graphic could be a sound wave like in any other cartoon. Or something that involves temporarily standing upright the way a real bear would.

Latest build rebirth has a rage cost and just says instant cast (only 3 rage btw) if this is true im very excited, hate not being able to brez properly, how often I'm the last one alive with a brez and we have to "wait for a proc" (the times im even using DOC) what a joke. Pls dont mess this up blizz haha.

Still not seeing any changes that address our lack of aoe, and is feral charge now baseline for bear? I notice the talent "Wild Charge" is worded like intervene but there's no mention of feral charge.

Wild charge is still a talent from what I can see and functions the same as it does now where did you see any different. If you mean Wild Charge being "fly to an allys position" or whatever its just the caster form version of it

Wasnt sure if it had values in the previous build I didnt notice them at least but the first point in the artifact tree got them now if didnt before

Your melee abilities cause Blood Claws, dealing 0 damage over 15 sec. Blood Claws reduces damage dealt by 3% and stacks to 5.
    You can get a fair amount of passive damage reduction through various means then

Blood Claws - 15% @ Max stack
    Galactic Guardian - 5%
    Rend and Tear - 6% @ Max stack
    Last edited by Boredpanda; 2015-12-03 at 06:55 AM.