Cool [Speculation] Dream Grove - Portals for Druids?

So with the Game Systems panel, it was revealed that Druid's Class Order Halls will be located in the "Dream Grove". In addition to this, we were told the following quote:

"Druids can reach many other natural places in the world very quickly."

Perhaps these natural places are the several portal gates that exist around Azeroth from the world bosses in Vanilla WoW - Duskwood (Twilight Grove), the Hinterlands (Seradane), Feralas (Dream Bough), and Ashenvale (Bough Shadow). You'll be able to walk through the desired portal from the Druid Class Order Hall to reach the desired destination.

Thoughts?

Those are the same locations as the Emerald Dragon world bosses from Vanilla right? If so I agree that those would make reasonable places for druids to portal to. They are also "conveniently" not near anything worth going to except maybe Duskwood being near Stormwind/Karazhan.

It also wouldn't be unreasonable to have some of the "One with nature" teleport locations rolled into this system as well. Trisfal glades, Various Wotlk/mop locations etc

Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    Those are the same locations as the Emerald Dragon world bosses from Vanilla right? If so I agree that those would make reasonable places for druids to portal to. They are also "conveniently" not near anything worth going to except maybe Duskwood being near Stormwind/Karazhan.

It also wouldn't be unreasonable to have some of the "One with nature" teleport locations rolled into this system as well. Trisfal glades, Various Wotlk/mop locations etc
    Would make sense, since these portals are linked to the Emerald Dream, as is our Dream Grove. I'd be quite happy if this would turn out to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more likely that the locations will only be in The Broken Isles but it would be great if they connect to the old Emerald Dream portals and perhaps a few new places like Moonglade (can get rid of teleport:moonglade) and well anywhere Night Elfy looking. I really hope that it remains viable after Legion and the same for the Order Hall as well, but it's Blizz so it's anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Would make sense, since these portals are linked to the Emerald Dream, as is our Dream Grove. I'd be quite happy if this would turn out to be true.
    Would also be useless if you mean the old world portals. Pretty sure it will be natural locations on the Broken Isles.

I assume that they are revamping the current talent that allows you to port to various places in the world the original emerald dragon bosses from Vanilla locations would be cool lore wise by not really practical for anything except duskwood for easy access to Kara

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffykins View Post
    Perhaps these natural places are the several portal gates that exist around Azeroth from the world bosses in Vanilla WoW - Duskwood (Twilight Grove), the Hinterlands (Seradane), Feralas (Dream Bough), and Ashenvale (Bough Shadow). You'll be able to walk through the desired portal from the Druid Class Order Hall to reach the desired destination.
    I'm so happy this has now been confirmed via. Artifact questlines. In other news, I am from the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even looked at the portals since Cataclysm's map rework. Are they effectively in the same locations as they were in the old world?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    I haven't even looked at the portals since Cataclysm's map rework. Are they effectively in the same locations as they were in the old world?
    None of the areas they're in were changed, AFAIK.

Next to the old green dragon portals, there are also a few portals to new areas outside of classic content, Grizzly Hills got one at least, and I would expect at least one for each of the other expansion continents. The portal area wasn't that huge however, so maybe not that many more.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2015-12-13 at 10:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Videos of the balance artifact quest are available online now. Pretty much confirms that the portals all connect to the various ones around Azeroth - Duskwood, Feralas, etc.

But you don't simply run through the portal and arrive there, there's a sort of... inter-connecting area you have to go through. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post

But you don't simply run through the portal and arrive there, there's a sort of... inter-connecting area you have to go through. Very cool.
    Like the Eluvians in Dragonage?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffykins View Post
    I'm so happy this has now been confirmed via. Artifact questlines. In other news, I am from the future.
    Well played.

7+ Year Old Account
    Portals to other Druidic places, such as Moonglade and Mulgore.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mytheiya View Post
    Like the Eluvians in Dragonage?
    Basically, yes! You go through a portal, into a place called The Dreamway - this is, of course, inside the Emerald Dream - and it... looks a bit like giant tree branches stretching out, with portals spread across. So, yes, Eluvians are a great comparison!

There are also portals to areas that don't currently have the predefined Emerald Dream portals in them (afaik) so don't think we're just limited to that which we can already find in the world! There's more available!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    !looks a bit like giant tree branches stretching out, with portals spread across
    that sounds pretty cool!

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you post a video?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Can you post a video?
    Here you go! I've tried to link it around the time that the Dreamway stuff starts, but if it doesn't begin around there, it's around 20:06 and ends about 21:03!

(Watch out if you're trying to avoid artifact quest spoilers - the video itself is the full questline!)

I approve of this! Madly
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro