Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they made Outlaw spec have an "off-hand pistol" option I'd be ALL for it and would probably come back to WoW.

They could still have dual wield be an option, where you can have your dual swords, dual axes etc.

But they should also have a sword and off-hand pistol option.

It wouldn't be too hard to code, all you'd need really is to have certain attacks have two calls.

ie:

Sinister Strike: (with 1h Weapon in off-hand) does this

or

Sinister Strike: (with Piston in off-hand) does this and provides a different animation.

It could keep the attacks similar so we don't have to mess with our bars but each attack would be different but it would also add diversity.

Then instead of 'throwing daggers' when people are trying to get away, we'd just shoot them with the off-hand(if they were in range).

Not to mention they already have a "dual wielding" pistol spec in the game.

Lord Godfrey in Shadowfang Keep uses it. So it's nothing that they couldn't implement.

But I don't ask for dual wielding pistols as a Rogue, but a 1H + off-hand pistol option is something I would adore, especially if it could add certain combos to it to change up the style a bit.

For instance, you could hybrid the pistol 5 point combo attack with a 'cloak and dagger' like mechanic which would make you a little more mobile and get distance, not as mobile as sub, but enough to make it feel different if you're dual wielding or using 1h + pistol.

I can't go too into detail as I've been away from the game for a while but it's something I'd love to theorycraft one day.

Anyway, yes, one hand sword + off hand pistol should definitely be an option. As well as the classic dual wielding of course.

Like I said, they have double pistol spec in the game which Lord Godfrey uses, so they COULD implement that but I doubt they would do that. 1h + Pistol in off hand would be enough for me tbh.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was planning on using my 100 boost for a Rogue, if Outlaw gets a pistol I am definitely doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    I was planning on using my 100 boost for a Rogue, if Outlaw gets a pistol I am definitely doing that.
    Don't boost a rogue, they level up so quickly with stealth and getting to your objectives without having to be too careful. When glyphed, you'll have infinite recuperation and slice and dice, it's amazing.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Ever tried to throw something accurately on the move? Why do you think NFL QBs make millions of dollars a year? It's not exactly easy.
    Ever tried shooting something while on the move? That same argument should apply to hunters, yet somehow it doesn’t.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Ever tried shooting something while on the move? That same argument should apply to hunters, yet somehow it doesn’t.
    It is way easier to hit something with a gun while moving than with a thrown object.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

It is confirmed.

Outlaws will have a pistol skill!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It is confirmed.

Outlaws will have a pistol skill!
    One pistol skill. Without an actual weapon. The rest of the specc is still the same. So disappointed..

Deleted
    How can you be an outlaw if you are fighting for the system :P

Already used my 100 boost on a Worgen Rogue lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    One pistol skill. Without an actual weapon. The rest of the specc is still the same. So disappointed..
    With talents we know that Outlaws have a grappling hook, cannon barrage.

Possibly the burning cocktail that Greymane throws would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    It is way easier to hit something with a gun while moving than with a thrown object.
    A modern gun, maybe. Most wow guns are muskets, which were imprecise as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Yeah pretty much what I thought. I kind of like it, it's like Diablo Demon Hunter. I always thought rogues should have some sort of a ranged spec/element to them. I wanted a whole new shadow hunter spec but this works too. Something new after sinister strike for 10 years, seems good if you ask me.
    Something new? Think of:

In guides generally abilities are shortened to an acronym. So, in a pre-Legion guide Sinister Strike would be shortened to SS. In a Legion+ guide Saber Slash will be shortened to SS. Zero change.

Both abilities cost 50 energy so game play feel will have zero change.

Both Sinister Strike and Saber Slash have a bonus chance to grant an additional CP.

While Saber Slash does have an affinity with Pistol Shot the bonus very well could have been added to the Pistol Shot tool tip as well and doesn't actually effect the Saber Slash ability at all so basically Saber Slash is 100% Sinister Strike.

In other words A rose by any other name is still the same stuff we've had for 11 years...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Outlaw was more ranged focused. Maybe a mid range character. 20-25 yard max range instead of 30-45.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Something new? Think of:

In guides generally abilities are shortened to an acronym. So, in a pre-Legion guide Sinister Strike would be shortened to SS. In a Legion+ guide Saber Slash will be shortened to SS. Zero change.

Both abilities cost 50 energy so game play feel will have zero change.

Both Sinister Strike and Saber Slash have a bonus chance to grant an additional CP.

While Saber Slash does have an affinity with Pistol Shot the bonus very well could have been added to the Pistol Shot tool tip as well and doesn't actually effect the Saber Slash ability at all so basically Saber Slash is 100% Sinister Strike.

In other words A rose by any other name is still the same stuff we've had for 11 years...
    So, because one of the abilities only received a thematic name change, litterally nothing else matters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'll be returning in LEGION.

i really doubt they will add a pistol item cuz it would be rogue only and they would have to edit lotsa quest rewards. But i hope we get a minor glyph (on pistol shot or something) that makes your offhand weapon appear as a pistol all the time. I also hope there will be atleast a couple of skins for it.

Deleted
    The leader of a nation is... an outlaw ? A pirat ? /thinking
    I know we have magics, demons, dragons and undead but, come on... This is coffee machine design, if not LSD design.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Only in the artifact previews the outlaw nelf is shown dualwielding swords

I was asking for a sword and pistol/hand crossbow version of combat myself but I don't see it happen
    It was said in twitter that the gun is just with 1 abillity and the rogue *pulls out* hes gun quick to use, it wont be any weapon slot or something like that, so yes the rogue previes listed 2x 1hand weapon is correct.