Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    What in the hell are you on about? Are you talking about Fallout 4? The same game that came out 2 weeks ago? Looks like an Xbox 360 game? Lol?
    Everyone is saying it. The game looks bad and has ugly textures while runs slow doing it.

You apparently don't play on Ultra. The game looks amazing, like a modded Skyrim.
    If you looked at the link I posted, there is no different between medium and Ultra.

And the difference in performance is almost none. There are some textures that get better but very few. Indicating it might have been a 360 game first and later on they came back and beefed some parts.

And my loading times on an HDD are..6-10 seconds max?
    Which is nice if loading time was rare, but if you're going in and out of buildings and fast travelling then that's going to add up. And there are moments when you're waiting in elevators and the game is loading for a very long time. Happens only once or twice in the entire game but it scares me thinking I found a Betesda bug or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    -snip-
    I gotta agree. While the game does look good, it really is not all that much better than Fallout 3. I have not seen any slowdowns myself, though I know I have heard of plenty of others having them.

I think the biggest thing here is MasterGuins took it as saying "the game looks horrible." I don't think it looks horrible, it does look a little dated though. It could have been better, but I think Bethesda just counts on the fact that the mod community will make their game better, and it will.

Also, he must be smoking crack or something, because even on my SSD the loading times sure feel longer than 6-10 seconds, and yeah, there are a lot of them. It really sucks for me because I am the collect -everything- kinda of guy. Once I get over-encumbered, I drop everything in a container near the entrance to wherever I am exploring and keep going. Once I am done exploring a location, it sometimes takes 2-3 trips to take all that stuff back to my base. So that's seeing that loading screen 4-6 times back-to-back-back. Worst so far was in the Galleria, there were all these weights. I decided to take them all back to Sanctuary and make a workout room for my settlers. I know, I'm weird. Took many trips, even with Grilled Radstag and loading down my companion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Settlements were kinda cool but ultimately stupid. Every place I found I would arm it with defences and cannons, but for what? The cannons take an awful amount of time to fire, and when a settlement gets attacked by raiders you have to go there anyway to defend them, only to find my defenses kick in and instant kill everything. What's the point? And loading screens do not fun the game make.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone saying that Bethesda has bad character models doesn't mean they say the game looks horrible. FFS. You don't play a Bethesda game for their character models. Everyone has known that since 2001 and Morrowind.

And sorry that your PC sucks, and that you have to run it on high, but full Ultra settings with AA maxed looks amazing.

You can in no way shape or form judge something that you can't max out and say it looks bad. LOL. That's absurd. My PC is not slow at all when playing FO4.

Also, lol@ posting an Angry Joe review as some form of credible source. My God, the same man who said Skyrim looked bad as well when he did his review. LOL.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2015-11-23 at 08:28 PM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Someone saying that Bethesda has bad character models doesn't mean they say the game looks horrible. FFS. You don't play a Bethesda game for their character models. Everyone has known that since 2001 and Morrowind.

And sorry that your PC sucks, and that you have to run it on high, but full Ultra settings with AA maxed looks amazing.

You can in no way shape or form judge something that you can't max out and say it looks bad. LOL. That's absurd. My PC is not slow at all when playing FO4.

Also, lol@ posting an Angry Joe review as some form of credible source. My God, the same man who said Skyrim looked bad as well when he did his review. LOL.
    My PC plays it on Ultra just fine. I plays other game son Ultra too and they look a lot better. I wouldn't say it looks amazing. It looks good, don't get me wrong, not saying it looks horrible. It feels right for a Fallout game. However, it looks like an XBox 360 Game. That's not a bad thing. Xbox 360 had some great games that looked great. There are just much better looking games out there. Much much better. That's the only point being made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying it's a bad game, but clearly not Bethesda's best efforts. I was addicted to the game since it came out. I would say it's even game of the year. But the game engine should have been replaced with something better.
    I tend to avoid AA anyway cause in my opinion it taxes the GPU far too much for too little improvement. If I wanted AA I would use SweetFX. Also as I already said Ultra/High vs medium does nothing to the game. Not in graphics or performance.
    I can set it to Ultra and still play the game, including AA, but too many frame rate drops has made me tweak the settings. Why is it set to High? Cause I though it would do something. Only turning off the AA has done anything. This is before I decided to OC my GPU. I haven't bothered to set it back to Ultra cause it makes ZERO difference. Also I finished the game. When I revisit the game it'll be months from now when the community has a plethora of mods and Bethesda has a few patches out for the game. Particularly mods with boob bouncing physics and texture packs.

As for CPU scaling, it doesn't seem to be much different compared to Skyrim.

Skyrim does look bad. Why you think there's so many mods of the game? The game is fun and enjoyable but graphically dated. Even MXR mods says the textures are awful. There was a community uproar before the game was released because the pictures they showed of the game looks dated.

Not saying the game is so ugly that it was beat up with an ugly stick, and then dragged down an ugly road. But it is dated looking. Angry Joe had a good point. Why does the Witcher 3 which is an open world game look far better and have fewer loading screens? I wouldn't be surprised if the community puts Fallout 4 on the UE4 engine cause it needs it.

My modded Skyrim looks better than Fallout 4.

Look at this:
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fal...ces-97927.html

In that video, at about 1:20, it shows him looking at a power line. See how pixelated and grainy that is? That's on max settings. That looks like XBox 360/PS3 shit to me.

The big shocker is that it does not look all that much better on PC than on the other systems. It still looks good. It's still a great game i am going to lose many many hours to. I just feel that, especially on the PC version, the textures could be a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen PS4 owners with massive fps drops while playing the game. The experience is so bad that a lot of people go for melee builds. Don't have to headshot with a melee build.

15+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how I have never had a single FPS drop in the game after putting now 75 hours into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how I have never had a single FPS drop in the game after putting now 75 hours into it.
    Near the end of the game if you choose to side with the brotherhood there's a helicopter ride that takes you to the top of a building where you see the whole city. The fps drops notably. Even on PS4's that part drops a lot.

I will say that with graphics settings maxed (except AA, no AA) there are times where my R9 290 absolutely craps its pants at 2560x1600. And not just 30-40FPS, either, I'll scope in on something in the forest in daytime and I'll drop to the low teens. Made my first fight with Super Mutants pretty hairy, especially since I'm playing my own personal hardmode and have one point each in Strength and Endurance. Seems to be okay at night, and I'm sure I'd be fine if I dropped the draw distance a lot, but I'd rather the game look amazing.
    Super casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW this Landscape mod will greatly improve the texture quality in the game while using less VRAM than the original textures in the game. So not only the game looks better but performs better.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mo...d%3D1769&pUp=1

Amazing how absolutely no one believes you for one moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how I'm 104 hours into Fallout 4 with zero complaints or issues and am having a blast because I'm not a whining bitch like everyone on this forum. Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how I'm 104 hours into Fallout 4 with zero complaints or issues and am having a blast because I'm not a whining bitch like everyone on this forum. Cheers!
    You must have one amazing PC because so far the consensus is that Fallout 4 was a bad PC port. To give you an idea the developer of the Landscape mod says "Anyway, the textures are about 1/4 less V-Ram heavy than the Vanilla ones! lol" which says a lot about how much effort they put into the PC version of Fallout 4. How does the mod better better visuals for less VRAM? Bethesda done goofed.

Because of this a lot of mod projects are trying to correct the texture problems in Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 Texture Optimization Project is tasked with improving the framerate (or "FPS") without sacrificing too much visual fidelity (save for close-ups). To accomplish this, I have replaced the high-resolution textures with properly compressed and resized textures. All of this is done manually one texture at a time to ensure that any buggy files are fixed and the end goal will be a MUCH BETTER playing game ESPECIALLY for people with a low budget for computer hardware and with only a MINOR loss in texture quality.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978/?

Let me guess, people with overclocked i5/i7 with high end GPUs saying it's fine VS people with CPUs at stock speed with or without high end GPU saying the performance isn't great.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. "Omg my integrated GPU and AMD processor can only run it on low!!! Wtf Bethesda buggy as always"

10+ Year Old Account
    My grip with the game is the loading. Found a ship stuck on some buildings and I hate having to go in and out of the thing. Go in ship, loading. Get out of ship, loading. Fast travel for quest, loading. The loading is too much.

For those wanting to tweak and improve the game, here's a good link. Especially the ENBoost memory and performance optimisations.
    http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/154...he-pc-version/

15+ Year Old Account
    My max load times are 3-6 seconds. I don't know what to tell you. Save the game in an SSD.

My max load times are 3-6 seconds. I don't know what to tell you. Save the game in an SSD.
    Are you really cherrypicking on what you answer? so many ppl stating they have fallout4 on an ssd and it takes longer than 6 seconds to load. If yours doesnt good for you, but the majority of ppl playing it has worse loading times, even with an ssd.
    And you're talking trash about 0 issues, have you really seen that there are ppl with better specs than you and having issues? I don't recall anyone here saying they are using amd or integrated amd gpu, and yet you bitch about it. Please grow up.
    I mean, dukenukemx is showing proof that the game is a bad port, and you dismiss it.
    I haven't started playing the game, only saw ppl playing it and some let's plays. The amount of time wasted on loading screens...