Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My friend and I were anticipating for Kel'thuzad or Zul'jin respectively as they've been confirmed to be in development for a long time now.

Honestly I'm sad neither got announced especially because Lunara doesn't even exist in the main warcraft universe, however she is made up with a hero design that suits the Fantasy that is a Warcraft Dryad where she has solid dps and utility at the same time which may be why they're releasing her after the announced Greymane and Cho'gall who also have unique skillsets.
    Last edited by TrollShaman; 2015-11-09 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    1. You realize Enchantress was because the game was from Dota, Dota being a Warcraft 3 custom made game that used W3 models one of which was Dryad?
    Yes, I know, but Lunara's abilities are all different from Dryad, except her poison. Plus, she looks more like Enchantress in Dota 2, rather than Dryad in War 3 or WoW. Check it out if you don't believe me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    2. Do you complain about Brightwing too? I want Kel'thuzad a lot too, but he does not provide what the W3 Dryad unit fantasy did. He'll get his moment to shine don't worry.
    Whatttttt? Brightwing is my 2nd favorite hero in HoTS, favorite support. I've said it in #23.

Deleted
    By the way, there's a chance that iconic characters like Kel'thuzad, Gul'dan, Vol'jin, Lady Vashj and a few others will be coming as well. Just a bit later.
    I think the reason they did not want to yet bring Kel'thuzad is because many of his old abilities are similar to Kael's and Arthas... only with frost instead of fire. I mean, he had his Frost Nova, which is like Kael's fire thing, he has frost shield, which Arthas has, sacrifice a minion, this is new indeed and last death and decay... which is similar to many abilities. They could go partially necromancer with him more, but I'd say they need a bit more time to tune in the major idea behind him to make him unique.

I also wanted Fenix as a protoss warrior, not Artanis, but doesn't mean I hate Artanis. I understood them saying why they didn't want Fenix yet so close after Leorric.

10+ Year Old Account
    More often then not, I think the decision which Hero to make comes mainly from mechanical point of view. I think they are trying to bring a certain style or idea first and then find a character that can personify it.

For example when designing Genn Greymane, they wanted a shapeshifter, but they tried to avoid Druids from Warcraft as it is quite obvious and boring to go this way. The same with Cho'gall, they wanted to make a Hero controlled by two players first and then found a two-headed Ogre to be the best personification of this idea.

You can see the same pattern with more recent Heroes. Rexxar is the best fit for a ranged warrior with a pet, Leoric is a Hero that never dies, Johanna is immovable object, Atanis a Hero that never surrenders and so on.

Although Kel'thuzad is probably one of the most anticipated Heroes (Probably alongside with Maiev) to be added, it simply might be the case of having hard time creating his toolkit.

EDIT: When I checked his Boss abilities in Naxxramas, I got a crazy idea of him being a Hero who can destroy mana of his opponents quite easily. He had this crazy ability called Detonate Mana, but I have no idea what role he could fit in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally looking forward to Lunara. Dryads and centaurs are interesting character ideas and I welcome their addition.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Alextraza ult: fill up friend to half health or reduce enemy to half health,

man that was easy

Deleted
    Dryads are a WC3 unit, so I am really fine with her. They have many reasons for choosing the next heroes. If they'd only go by popularity I'd say there are many more popular characters than for example Greymane. But they wanted a shapeshifter and Malfurion is already in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Alextraza ult: fill up friend to half health or reduce enemy to half health,

man that was easy
    She's not only in Hearthstone!
    WoW style: Cone AoE Breath that burns enemies and heals Allies

Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    Do you really want to have a Dryad? Or you would prefer Kel'thuzad?
    Dryad. The reasoning is simple - She brings something unique and new that no other heroes provide. Kel'thuzad is cool and all, but he's a mix of two existing heroes - Jaina the Frost mage and Arthas the Lich King. We have a hero that's all about chilling cold spells, and a hero that's all about frost and unholy. We could have a Lich who summons skeletons, but they were already thinking about that when they designed Sylvanas and went with a different direction because we already have minion summoner in Azmodan and Zagara.

They want to spread out their gameplay and hit niches that aren't already touched upon yet. That's why we don't have Gul'dan yet, we already have Kael'thas and Azmodan providing much of that 'Warlock' style gameplay, and DoT's would seem too strong in the game right now without the proper counters. But with characters like Lunara being added, we could potentially see more DoT characters since we have the appropriate counters in place.

Kel'thuzad will be made in time, but it won't be till a bit later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.