Page 2 of 265 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    - Arcane Charges are a resource in addition to mana rather than a buff to monitor.
    - Arcane has a strong fantasy that you really didn't feel while playing. The mana management could ruin things. New mastery - Savant, increases the amount of mana you have. Mana level doesn't matter anymore. Also increases charges damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    That's in the rumors section currently!

You know that particular rumor DOES surprise me, I thought Blizzard would resist removing the water elemental from frost in the name of spec diversity AND they were doubling down on adding abilities to Big Blue such as water jet that were core rotational features.

By the way, during the amphitheatre, did anyone else notice that when that guy asked about 'innervate' the response was essentially innervate is for healers AND Arcane Mages?

Is that a subtle hint that every dps that uses mana as a resource with the exception of Arcane Mages will be losing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    By the way, during the amphitheatre, did anyone else notice that when that guy asked about 'innervate' the response was essentially innervate is for healers AND Arcane Mages?

Is that a subtle hint that every dps that uses mana as a resource with the exception of Arcane Mages will be losing it?
    I didn't watch it yet, but I'll be sure to once I get bored of GW2 for the day
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Was there any word on Rune of Power possibly going away? One can hope...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I would doubt it...Rune of Power survived the culling AND it's pretty much one of the Magiest abilities there is. It's just not a very popular one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Even better, we get a tier which is a choice of three different rune shapes!

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I want a dong-shaped one please !

Seriously, I don't think RoP is going away, it's not that bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovassy View Post
    Fire is perfect as it is now, since fire is a slow killer in real world and i cannot see any reason for this to be different in a fantasy world. Fire is just fire and fire burns and burning is normally a slow process, it can take minutes to die from fire. Fire mages fire up its enemies and spread the burning onto other enemies - perfect mechanism since fire works like this, slowly spreading onto newer areas. Fire is not explosion oriented and this is the smart way. This is not "explosion" or "rocket" mage; in warcraft we have fire mages. Burning and explosion are different things by definition and fire corresponds to burning.
    Ok, explosion are just my dream haha(But some explosions would be good ;D and you know that).
    About the actual state of fire, right now mage fire dont feel like "fire" i dont know exactly how to explain, but fire feels like a "Yellow/Orange" color version of frost and arcane.
    As for burning being a slowly process, It depends on how "hot" the fire that causes the burning process is and how much fire is used.

Nick I will kill you if this happens >_>;

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    I want a dong-shaped one please !
    I mean if I have to use RoP, it better be penis-shaped.

Fire is perfect as it is now, since fire is a slow killer in real world and i cannot see any reason for this to be different in a fantasy world. Fire is just fire and fire burns and burning is normally a slow process, it can take minutes to die from fire. Fire mages fire up its enemies and spread the burning onto other enemies - perfect mechanism since fire works like this, slowly spreading onto newer areas. Fire is not explosion oriented and this is the smart way. This is not "explosion" or "rocket" mage; in warcraft we have fire mages. Burning and explosion are different things by definition and fire corresponds to burning.
    Touch the sun and tell me how long it'll take. Depending on the temperature, there can be a very fast or very slow process.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It's not terribly relevant to us but I am very excited by the hunter changes, and if their design is so on point for one class hopefully it will be for all of them (specifically, ours).

It's not terribly relevant to us but I am very excited by the hunter changes, and if their design is so on point for one class hopefully it will be for all of them (specifically, ours).
    I felt the same, actually!

Yep. I'm not sure I'll like the new gameplay (can't be worse the than the current one anyway) but it does show that they really took the time to think about the overall fantasy and that gives me hope.

Deleted
    Touch the sun and tell me how long it'll take. Depending on the temperature, there can be a very fast or very slow process.
    No oxidation occurs in the Sun, therefore there is no fire. Nuclear fusion has nothing to do with oxidation, so there is no fire on the Sun by definition.

No oxidation occurs in the Sun, therefore there is no fire. Nuclear fusion has nothing to do with oxidation, so there is no fire on the Sun by definition.
    Not sure if you're trying to be cute or "that guy". Either way, most people aren't happy with Fire's current design. It rarely gets to see play and when it does, it's because it's simply too good (on top of the whole nuke + weird DoTs + RNG from Combustion). Shit has to change with it.

- There is a Mage group that is very critical to influencing the course of Azeorth and directly fighting the Legion that is being reformed. They are getting a secret sanctum in Dalaran. (Class Hall confirmed as Dalaran?)
    Secret Mage group...that's the Council of Tirisfal. Two of our artifact weapons are weapons of former Guardians.

Mages are gonna join the Council of Tirisfal.

I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I would doubt it...Rune of Power survived the culling AND it's pretty much one of the Magiest abilities there is. It's just not a very popular one.
    Well it took several years and expansions but Blizz did finally cave in and make Lightwell not suck... maybe in a few more years/xpacs they will do something to make Rune of Power likeable? I must admit a penis shaped rune would be a start towards getting me to use it...

Deleted
    I would be so happy with fire losing combustion as the "only" way to actually do insane/no damage, and getting double blast to still allow high ignite ticks. Will this finally be a patch where fire becomes a stable spec to play?

Nah, who are we kidding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Yep. I'm not sure I'll like the new gameplay (can't be worse the than the current one anyway) but it does show that they really took the time to think about the overall fantasy and that gives me hope.

Unless they start with the best course first :>

Wow, so has anyone checked MMO's frontpage? All those reddit points specifically on Hunters, wow.

Assuming we get the same Q&A treatment, someone be sure to ask about mana for Fire/Frost (and compare it to Ele/Enh Shamans). Just get all your questions ready by tomorrow at 11AM PST! (Assuming we're second. The schedule showed us as second. Otherwise, 5AM or 5PM PST)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-11-09 at 10:12 AM.

I'm not 100% sure everyone will be getting the same reddit treatment, I don't know if that guy was a general designer or had just been closely involved with hunters?
    It would be great if we do though.