Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Someone said the lack of frostfire bolt will make the spec useless but it might be an exaggeration. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still good. It's likely fire will be better because it appears to be going in a direction that is worse aoe but better single target (not by too much).
    I thought the removal of deep freeze had the most impact. You can talent into it though but you used it as a cc into poly/whatever most of the time so you'll lose damage from not being able to take comet storm for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    You can talent into it though but you used it as a cc into poly/whatever most of the time so you'll lose damage from not being able to take comet storm for example.
    It appears to do a lot of damage though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Edit : In other news, Mages got exactly 0 changes in the last build. I guess that having two major artifact talents account for less than 2% of your damage is intended and should feel gratifying.
    I've read plenty of feedback saying that Blast Furnace's damage and DoT refresh interaction was garbage.

I also didn't expect the damage from Phoenix Reborn to be any good but thought that the benefit of it was that it constantly reduces the recharge time of Phoenix's meant more Phoenixs overall. But is the proc rate terrible so it's barely reducing the recharge? (Also, is the reduce time by 2secs or 5secs each proc? Both mmo-champ and wowhead show didn't tooltips and I have no idea what one is actually correct).

I was wondering, will frost still be the go to PvP spec or might we see some change it that with Legion?

I play arena's with a healer and mage most of the time and was wondering if he should start looking into other specs.
    Fire was actually looking like a lot of fun until they nerfed Scorched Earth from 4 to 6.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Someone said the lack of frostfire bolt will make the spec useless but it might be an exaggeration. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still good. It's likely fire will be better because it appears to be going in a direction that is worse aoe but better single target (not by too much).
    Don't PvP but from reading believe it is few things tied into loss of FFB. Also it's not FFB but lose of BF proc'ing a FFB. So the loss of BF FFB mean they lost, instant slow (can't be interrupted), our hardest hitting damage spell (current game), a spell school outside of frost. Instead now they have a BF FO proc, which will slow (can't be interrupted) it does not provide the other two, however any moron will just move away from orb and probably void the slow too.

In PvP you can place Frozen orb with a reticle using a talent rather than throw it, so at least they cannot avoid the initial slow application.

I was wondering, will frost still be the go to PvP spec or might we see some change it that with Legion?

I play arena's with a healer and mage most of the time and was wondering if he should start looking into other specs.
    if legion went live tomorrow then frost mage would probably never see play in competitive arena again - the current design of frostbolt spam and reliance on rng frozen orb procs to deal tiny amounts of damage outside of cooldowns simply does not function at all

since legion is not going live tomorrow, they still have time to hopefully (as an absolute minimum) completely revamp some of the pvp talent choices, since it feels incredibly stupid that frost currently has talent rows where you either don't notice the talent you picked, or you prefer to not pick any talent on the row at all

I thought the removal of deep freeze had the most impact. You can talent into it though.
    glacial spike is a 3 second cast time root, not a stun
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-04-28 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    Try cast 5x frostbolt + 3 sec glacial spike vs war+enh.

Copy paste from the Fire thread :

Gear took a heavy nerf on alpha. Crafted rings lost 100 ilvl and are now 700 ilvl. Blue gems got from 1200 <stat> to 480, and gemming bonuses are completely gone on rings.

I lost 27% crit on my 110 fire mage, from 71% to 44%. Hopefully, the raid scaling will offset that loss a little bit, but the era of full-crit Fire mage is gone

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Don't PvP but from reading believe it is few things tied into loss of FFB. Also it's not FFB but lose of BF proc'ing a FFB. So the loss of BF FFB mean they lost, instant slow (can't be interrupted), our hardest hitting damage spell (current game), a spell school outside of frost. Instead now they have a BF FO proc, which will slow (can't be interrupted) it does not provide the other two, however any moron will just move away from orb and probably void the slow too.
    Not to mention, we have no instant AoE because blizzard now has a cast time. So if you are fighting against a rogue/feral, you have pretty much no way to prevent them from reentering stealth anytime they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Deleted
    To be perfectly honest if the class moves away from frost being cookie cutter for pvp it might be an improvement (possibly fire taking its place the way I look at it on the surface). It was a little heavy on reliance to clunky CC mechanics compared to other classes. Let alone, it would be a change after how many years that it's king?

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Copy paste from the Fire thread :

Gear took a heavy nerf on alpha. Crafted rings lost 100 ilvl and are now 700 ilvl. Blue gems got from 1200 <stat> to 480, and gemming bonuses are completely gone on rings.

I lost 27% crit on my 110 fire mage, from 71% to 44%. Hopefully, the raid scaling will offset that loss a little bit, but the era of full-crit Fire mage is gone
    To be fair 71% at first tier of content is too much. Also in Legion secondary stats scaling will work differently then before - with ilvls players will get higher percentage of primary stat (int) and lower secondary stats so that stat inflation wouldn't be as big as before.

Deleted
    So, with the revelation that artefacts have secret 'hidden' effects, what would you like the mage one/s to be? Its gotta be something that you wouldn't just stumble on quite commonly, or else people would have found it by now, so here are my proposals (assuming each Artefact has only 1, and they are unique per spec, which may not be the case at all)

Arcane - If an ability would kill you during Greater Invisibility, you instead teleport away from the ability, negating all damage and Blinking in a random direction. [This one is based off the Mage actively preparing for the damage, as Arcane is about not getting hit and being hyper mobile in Legion]

Fire - If a target would kill you during Combustion, you become linked in flames with the target for 8 seconds. All damage you deal to the target heals you for X% of the damage dealt. If you kill the target or heal yourself for more than your maximum health, you will survive the trial. [Sort of like 'Caurterizing' the wound, but also focused on dealing damage instead of preparing for it like Arcane to fuel the Pryomancer theme]

Frost - [Can't think of one here, something to do with Chilled Targets and Ice Block? I dunno... I don't think any of them should hurt your DPS when they proc, so like it can't consume your water elemental/remove the Lonely Winter buff for X seconds, and it shouldn't really force you into an Ice Block either, I dunno...]

Thoughts? It makes sense to me that they all fall into the same 'second life' style theme, at least for DPS. Maybe the Healer and Tank ones would be different?

Deleted
    That's a too open ended subject. You might as well ask "invent a spell, any spell", which is quite impossible to end anywhere at this stage of development. I thought you asked of a nice non-important perk, in which case I would say a nice flying mount effect for each or similar travelling spell.

7+ Year Old Account
    If there are hidden spell effects that trigger in combat or after something specific happens, then some Mages must have already experienced them in-game. That is unless they haven't all been implemented yet. If they have been though, then I'm sure digging through the Uncategorized Spells list of previous patches might find something.

(That Warrior one seems a bit OP though.)

Deleted
    That warrior effect is quite powerful. I suppose it can be treated as an important class passive when it gets to mages too. In reality the design of such a thing is not just artifact design, but class design, and it just happens that they sticked it onto the artifact and not the spellbook, since it's always selected during Legion end-game.

I really hope Fire's effect isn't the whole "burning corpses" thing. That compared to the Warrior one that was revealed would be ridiculous.

Though based on some of the things we've been handed in Legion, I wouldn't say I'm that surprised if that were to be the case.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    But these artefacts' "secret effects" are class oriented or spec oriented?

Currently we know the "burning corpses thing" of the Fire Mages and the "whispering Aluneth" of the Arcane Mages...

Arcane staff also draws power from weird things to give you a buff when you are questing sometimes.

A better question might be if this is only for world questing stuff or if it triggers in raids/dungeons/etc.

If raids and PvP, that Warrior one is gonna be pretty broken.