Deleted
    Switching armors is not fun at all.

Deleted
    Just got beta and I must say I am not very happy with my mage.. arcane feels the same, fire is very slow paced without crit and frost is very very similar (which isnt a bad thing i guess just not exciting)...

Warlock is very very very fun (Demo) and I even like destro better than the mage specs.

RIP Main

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Switching armors is not fun at all.
    For their offensive purposes, no. But I did like being able to switch armors for their defensive aspects, which is kind of their original point. Regardless of spec, I liked to use Frost Armor for ease of kiting, and Mage Armor was useful for the magic duration reduction. Molten Armor was always pretty shit defensively and I never liked using it unless I had to, but now I'm trapped with it.

I'd have preferred that the offensive parts of the spells were removed altogether and left the ability to swap for their defenses, instead.

Deleted
    It was a very ..unsuitable design because while it was a powerful effect or an effect that was important to use properly in the class, it needed very extensive preparation. You had to know in deep detail how an encounter works in terms of damage type and damage size, and you had to know even more in PvP in that respect. I understand those micromanagement tidbits are interesting in mythic raiding and high level pvping but, it's best they are kept to less class-wide affecting abilities like a basic defensive talent, rather than a whole stance that affects defense and dps at the same time depended on choice in a big way.

Which is why I said I wished that the offensive aspects of them had been removed instead. That way you wouldn't have to be penalized for not using the armor that mirrored your spec all of the time. Instead, they just made the entire class that little bit more rigid.

Deleted
    For some visibility (I also posted this in the Fire Mage thread)

I made this feedback thread about the Fire spec on the EU forums

Tell me what you think about it and - if you would be so kind - copy it over to the US forums, as nobody seems to give a shit about the EU forums. Just leave me a message so I can visit and follow that US thread when you copy it.

I think you're off about your criticism of Flame Patch doing nothing in single target. Combined with the artifact trait that duplicates your cast, using Flamestrike on a Hot Streak will result in a total of 400% spellpower over 8 seconds (240% upfront and then 160% on the ground). Pyroblast, in comparison, is only doing 330%. To me, it looks like the talent's intended to incorporate Flamestrike into the rotation, much like frost's version adds Blizzard.

I know it's been commented on already but I'm a little disappointed you didn't say anything about how Cinderstorm feels to actually cast. You focused entirely on whether it'd be efficient to use and ignored whether or not its aiming feels intuitive, or good.

I don't really object to the rest of the feedback, from what I read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    I think you're off about your criticism of Flame Patch doing nothing in single target. Combined with the artifact trait that duplicates your cast, using Flamestrike on a Hot Streak will result in a total of 400% spellpower over 8 seconds (240% upfront and then 160% on the ground). Pyroblast, in comparison, is only doing 330%. To me, it looks like the talent's intended to incorporate Flamestrike into the rotation, much like frost's version adds Blizzard.

I know it's been commented on already but I'm a little disappointed you didn't say anything about how Cinderstorm feels to actually cast. You focused entirely on whether it'd be efficient to use and ignored whether or not its aiming feels intuitive, or good.

I don't really object to the rest of the feedback, from what I read.
    I just started leveling yesterday and am not exclusively testing mage. So I'm low level and haven't really had the oportunity to test Cinderstorm at range. In melee range, the aiming is spot on I tell you.

But thank you for bringing it up. I'll make sure to test Cinderstorm aiming at range.

As for flame patch making Flame Strike replace your Pyroblast all together - I am not sure if I would like that gameplay wise. Obviously if other people would like that it'd make a fine talent. I can't speak or everyone. But also remember that in order for this to have the desired effect, the target would have to stand still so that flame patch can deal it's damage. That coupled with how much many players seem to hate rotational target circles I cannot seem flame patch to be very desireable as a standard rotation ability for single target damage.
    But thanks the headsup. Again I haven't really looked at the numbers yet so it's not surprising that I missed the amounts of damage Flame Patch does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    FS: 240% * (1 + Mastery * 2 [Hot Streak]) + 160%
    Pyro: 330% * (1 + Mastery * 2 [Hot Streak]) * (1 + Crit * 0.3 [Critical Mass])

Flamestrike isn't weak, but it's far from comparable to Pyroblast since it doesn't benefit from Critical Mass and only the initial hit benefits from Ignite.

EDIT: Huh. Now that I think about it, do both Flamestrikes benefit from Hot Streak, or does it only apply to the first one? I'll have to check.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    EDIT: Huh. Now that I think about it, do both Flamestrikes benefit from Hot Streak, or does it only apply to the first one? I'll have to check.
    It appears that Aftershocks isn't even two flamestrikes anymore, but just an additional spell dealing some damage. This question and the 240% number no longer apply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    It appears that Aftershocks isn't even two flamestrikes anymore, but just an additional spell dealing some damage. This question and the 240% number no longer apply.
    And further investigation reveals that Aftershocks has never been 2 Flamestrikes. Flamestrike has a spell ID of 2120, while the triggered spell has a spell ID of 194432. This 194432 spell used to be called Flamestrike, which is probably what caused the confusion. It has since been renamed as "Aftershocks". It only deals 20% of spellpower, triggers ignite, and happens 2 seconds after Flamestrike impacts (not sure if affected by haste).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    So I'm idling in Dalaran waiting for this phasing issue to be fixed, and I start seeing all the Mage NPCs buffing themselves with Mage Armors and Arcane Intellect. It turns out the Mage NPCs frequently do this as flavor. Cool right?

Then I remember Blizzard has taken away those abilities from us, but is audacious enough to constantly remind us we can't anymore while we're anywhere in Dalaran.

Is it me, or is that pretty shitty?
    In my opinion [Arcane Intellect] shouldn't have been removed (nor the other class buffs), it was so iconic to buff with it an ally encountered in the middle of the jungle, as a sort of gratitude towards him because he had buffed you with another buff of his class... Or well, the typical situation of preparation before the battle, where everybody buffed the entire group/raid with all their class buffs... In short, so much class flavour lost in pursuit of a game increasingly simpler

As for the [Mage Armors], I think it would be a good idea that they were undispellable static buffs (each spec its own armor of course) that stayed always active in our characters as saying of which specialization we are. In addition, each time we entered in a new zone/instance, their exclusive and iconic graphical effects could be re-applied automatically over our heads. That would be a kind of public presentation: "Hey, I'm a Fire Mage and I'm protected by flames!". Perhaps a minor glyph could do that job, but in any case, I doubt Blizzard take care of that things any more...
    Last edited by Northem; 2016-05-15 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    In my opinion [Arcane Intellect] shouldn't have been removed (nor the other class buffs), it was so iconic to buff with it an ally encountered in the middle of the jungle, as a sort of gratitude towards him because he had buffed you with another buff of his class... Or well, the typical situation of preparation before the battle, where everybody buffed the entire group/raid with all their class buffs... In short, so much class flavour lost in pursuit of a game increasingly simpler

As for the [Mage Armors], I think it would be a good idea that they were undispellable static buffs (each spec its own armor of course) that stayed always active in our characters as saying of which specialization we are. In addition, each time we entered in a new zone/instance, their exclusive and iconic graphical effects could be re-applied automatically over our heads. That would be a kind of public presentation: "Hey, I'm a Fire Mage and I'm protected by flames!". Perhaps a minor glyph could do that job, but in any case, I doubt Blizzard take care of that things any more...
    Yeah I think the prune has gone too far again. Every class continues to lose more RPG flavor. Buffs had a PvP aspect as well, like tossing on Slow Fall against a dispeller in hopes that your more important spells weren't dispelled/purged right away.

The Mage Armor idea is cool as well. If the NPCs do it, why shouldn't we be able to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone can confirm that our class tittle is eventually "Conjurer of the Tirisgarde"? I thought it was changed to "Archmage"...

Deleted
    An NPC called me Archmage today but I don't have a title. At all. It seems bugged. Didn't get one on my Hunter, either. Fairly certain I got it on my Druid, though.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    An NPC called me Archmage today but I don't have a title. At all. It seems bugged. Didn't get one on my Hunter, either. Fairly certain I got it on my Druid, though.
    Hopefully this is a sign that things are changing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    An NPC called me Archmage today but I don't have a title.
    I'm pretty sure that's not the first time NPCs call us titles we don't have technically.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that's not the first time NPCs call us titles we don't have technically.
    The titles are currently bugged, tho. Pretty sure you're supposed to get them at the end of your Artifact quest. There's always a 'ceremony' where all the important chars of your Order Hall gather and welcome you into their ranks. Pretty sure that's where you are SUPPOSED to get the title.

I do have a title on my Druid. "Guardian of G'Hanir". Since G'Hanir is only the Resto Druids Artifact, it seems like it's not class specific, but Artifact specific. None of my other chars got a title, tho.

Also the Order Hall 'teleport spells'... not sure what is happening right now. Druid and Mage (maybe one or two more) still have their teleport. But my Warrior, Paladin and Hunter have to go to Dalaran and then go to the Flight Master area to get to their Order Halls. (e.g. there is a light beam for Warriors. If you stand in it, you get an action button to jump to Valhalla. But you do not have the leap as an ability in your book). Not sure if that is a design change or just temporary.

Most classes are indeed losing their class hall teleport.
    We're keeping ours though, as are Druids and Death Knights (replacing their old Death Gate and Teleport:Moonglade spell's once the quest is completed).

Hello fellow (arch)mages. How good is mage for solo/casual player? Will I be able to quest comfortably in legion - world quests aka d3 bounties, suramar?

I seriously doubt most players could say with a straight face that any class is hard for levelling and questing so anything can be comfortable for that. Now if you want to know what's most comfortable among the specs of mage, probably frost but fire might have a chance now. Across all classes of the game for strictly solo game I find the melees the most straight forward.
    Thanks. What about CCs - do fire mages have 50% slow on ignited targets?
    Basically can I log in, go to quest area and enjoy game without kiting for 10 minutes half rare/elite mobs?

Hello, this will be my first post here.

I'm seeing that people have the glyph of Manic Size in beta, at least according to the wow forums, but cannot find information on it beyond it attaching to evocation. I have a few questions on how it functions.

1)Do you start bigger than normal at all when using this glyph and being at full mana?
    2)About how strong is the shrinking at lower mana levels?
    3)Does increasing your mana pool in the limited ways available now increase your size any(if the answer to 1 is yes)

I am eagerly awaiting this info and WoWhead comments are coming up dry. I'd appreciate anything anyone can do.