Earliest level you can get a moddable generator for trooper?

Hey everybody,

Not counting the GTN and FP's where can you get a moddable generator for a Trooper? i know about the level 8 vendor in the Supplies section of fleet but for whatever reason (probably a bug) the SI, SW, JC and JK focus and shields can be purchased without artifact equipment authorization. But for Troopers generators and shields from the same vendor *do* require artifact equipment authorization.

But anyways before the KOTFE patch and before the level 8 vendors started carrying moddable offhands i used to do the mission "Saving Face" on DK for my offhand or "Breaking the Code" on Tat for Rep. But i just did Breaking the code and it looks like the rewards have changed and it just rewards crystals and crates and since i'm pref-f2p i cant claim the crates. Are there any other low level quests or heroics that anyone knows of that rewards moddable generators/shields for Troopers/BH?

You can get one out of the first flashpoint you can run so lvl 10~.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

can get at lvl1 if you are willing to buy from the market and ytou can start to mod it at 7 with armors, mods, and barrels. Enhancements are lvl9 i think for the earliest or 11.

There's a set of moddable gear from the vendors in whatever the space station is.

1) I said "not counting GTN and FP's" so quests, vendors, specialty vendors or whatever else is what i was looking for. The two quests that i used to do before have had their rewards changed so i'm trying to see if there is anywhere else i can get them from.

2) unless you are talking about a different vendor unfilteredJW i mentioned that the level 8 vendor on Fleet is showing that Trooper shield/generator requires Artifact Equipment Authorization. But for whatever reason at that same vendor the JC, JK, SI and SW shield and focus do not require Artifact Equipment Authorization. I'm an F2P player which is why i bought that up and why i'm asking this question here instead of the official SWTOR forums (which afaik F2P players cannot post on).

Wow - didn't know BW restricted the crates from planetary heroics so that f2p'ers can't claim them.

Just to clarify, the rewards for planetary heroics, where players use to pick-up the Orange, mod-able gear (like your generator), have been replaced by the Crystal/Blue Crate rewards. The Blue Crates give 2, level appropriate pieces of BLUE gear.

Its a terrible replacement IMO, the old system of Orange Gear -> Earn Comms to buy Mods on each planet-> Upgrade Orange Gear as you progress seemed like a fine model for gearing up through the levels. The replacement Blues seems disposable and transient and the fact they're not allowing f2p'ers access to them is absurd.

I was originally going to post suggesting do the planetary heroics and grab the Blues, but after finishing your OP and reading the lock on the crates I dunno what to suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    Wow - didn't know BW restricted the crates from planetary heroics so that f2p'ers can't claim
    Wait, seriously? I thought since they were blue quality you'd be able to get them...

Wow, every day I'm more and more glad I'm letting my sub expire. Do not like supporting this kind of behavior at all.