Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Releasing these class previews just made more of my guild unsub

What was the point, Blizzard, of releasing these class previews if they only make people more disgusted with your game and the direction you're taking it?

The people on my server are in uproar. Half of the monks in my guild are quitting because the most fun, unique and monk-like (monk = kung fu) part of mistweaving was removed, fistweaving.

All (not kidding here) the death knights are unsubbing or rerolling to demon hunter. Death strike got nerfed to nothing, from an iconic on-demand ability that made death knights a joy to solo with, into an ability that you have to do ridiculous set-up for. By destroying death strike, you got rid of the only reason people play death knight.

The demonology warlocks are rerolling demon hunter.

Everyone else seems to be yawning over these changes. Beastmaster hunter gets bears as a baseline talent now, so what, zzz, ret paladin is basically unchanged. The only players on my server that seem excited are discipline priests.

Legion was supposed to make classes closer to their class fantasies. But now, monks don't kung fu, and death knights can no longer be Arthas (frost s some dual wielding impostor instead). What gives? It's simple. Blizzard is lying and lazy, as always. There's only one reason for these class changes - to force us to buy the expac and reroll a demon hunter, because every other class sucks.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2015-11-11 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    These blogs were pointless and lacked too many details, like I already said before.

They were present with 5 head devs at BlizzCon and couldnt make panels for each class seperately - what a waste of everyones time. Most of them sit on a coach most of the time, and guys like Holinka were asked questions about pet battles and whatever.

If they're going to quit over this....they were going to quit anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    These blogs were pointless and lacked too many details, like I already said before.

They were present with 5 head devs at BlizzCon and couldnt make panels for each class seperately - what a waste of everyones time. Most of them sit on a coach most of the time, and guys like Holinka were asked questions about pet battles and whatever.
    Considering pet battles are probably the more popular version of PvP, it makes sense.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Ret paladin unchanged, that's an ignorant statement, also ignorant of them to quit with a preview, inb4 cesspool guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganimah View Post
    If they're going to quit over this....they were going to quit anyway.
    No. A lot of people came back after the Gamescom reveal to get ready for Legion. Now they find that Legion is even worse than WoD, in that it can't even sustain the hype through Blizzcon (whereas people only starting disliking WoD a few months after launch, when they had finished leveling)

It just looks like this will be the worst expac in WoW history. You should see the Trade chat on my server, its all #TheLegionFails hashtag spam, worse than chat spam on twitch (after "The Legion Falls" saying that Draenei NPCs have)

This is an early, early preview. Not really a reason to up and quit the game since classes will undergo many changes before Legion comes out. FFS, seems a bit dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    No. A lot of people came back after the Gamescom reveal to get ready for Legion. Now they find that Legion is even worse than WoD, in that it can't even sustain the hype through Blizzcon (whereas people only starting disliking WoD a few months after launch, when they had finished leveling)
    So quitting during pre-beta is a reasonable reaction to previews?

They quit over fist weaving, seriously? I'm indifferent on some of the details for some of the classes, but I was that way before with their current play style. Others are rather interesting to read and ponder about the rest of the toolkit.

Find another class that you might enjoy playing if the one you're currently playing doesn't look interesting in the future, or quit altogether. That or wait till beta comes out and we have the full list of abilities, talents, and artifact traits available to look through.

I just thought them an enjoyable introduction to their ideas and plans. I looked forward to reading each one but they are supposed to be taken in a vacuum without the fully released core abilities and talents. This community sure can QQ about literally everything and anything.

I am not worried about the class previews.

I am worried of the talents. They say hundreds of new talents, but are they really new talents if they are moving base line skills and abilities into the talent trees? I guess that allows more player choice, which is why they had to build up spec identity.

They wanted to get the initial info dump out before Beta started otherwise they'd spend half their time explaining the changes.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Pretty much your entire post is anecdotes and assumptions so I wouldn't count on it. Talk about exaggeration, just as many people are happy to see meta gone from locks and until we see DKs play I don't see the reason to bitch and moan. The only legitimate complain would be fistweaving being removed but I never saw that being extremely viable where it counts, still, I liked it.

The class previews are just made for catching up with the changes and general directions they take for each class considering they're taking their time this time to revamp or make big changes to every single class. The rest is up to beta testers and lay out for us.
    Last edited by Saft; 2015-11-11 at 10:04 PM.

I seriously think this guy is overstating what's happening, sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I have no idea why they'd do that.

I find most of the changes pretty good. The only one making me scratch my head is Destro Locks,

So your guild is unsubbing for stuff that's not even final and that we don't have all the information yet?

What a bunch of whiners. Like someone said earlier, good riddance.

LOL really? quitting the game because of a class preview? how many months are we away from actual release? 7+? yeah they removed some things from the game that some people may be upset with but people are getting really butt-hurt already about Legion and for no reason. like Ganimah said earlier, if they quit over this, they were never really planning to stay anyway. I for one am excited by most of the changes and look forward to trying out a lot of the new talents and stuff. I play this game for fun and I still will when Legion releases. the WoW community is so QQ nowadays lol.

I find this highly improbable. Especially with all the amazing end-game changes and this being pre-beta.

Everyone knew from the tone that the devs sent, at Gamescon, that classes were going to change. You don't sign on knowing change is coming and then quit when the change actually occurs. Most would take a hands-off approach and wait for class previews or early beta.

So, I still hold to my assertion that they were going to quit anyway. People who quit the game have an underlying reason for quitting. WoD's endgame (aside from Raids) was terrible. They fixed that and then some, but now these same "quitters" are quitting over a different reason? I call shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    So your guild is unsubbing for stuff that's not even final and that we don't have all the information yet?

What a bunch of whiners. Like someone said earlier, good riddance.
    haha so much this!