Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    At some point athletic competition will become a joke when we can use gene therapy to make any human able to compete when you don't have to exercise at all to achieve it. When it comes to cheating, these athletes tend to be ahead of the curve when it comes to medical science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Welll if Bolt can get away with it, why not all of them?
    No Jamaicans win because "they are built for running".
    lol

Deleted
    so Russians hack in rl too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Show it to who? They are under no obligation to show it outside their organization, the law and the ones accused. If and when we'll hear about it, it's probably a leak.

Then excuse me while I laugh at this report.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No that's only one desperate and pathetic thing.
    There are many, like using sport to achieve your own silly political goals.
    You nearly managed to damage the winter olympics, hopefully you're too late for the world cup, and now the summer olympics too?

D&P brother.
    D&P.
    iindependent organization is independent you can take off government tin foil

- - - Updated - - -

facts do not require your approval I do not know why you think they do

And we'll laugh at your understanding of how the law works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    sports without doping is like a roast with no gravy
    I don't even like gravy on my roast...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sephaphath View Post
    iindependent organization is independent you can take off government tin foil

- - - Updated - - -

facts do not require your approval I do not know why you think they do
    Indipendent doesn't mean much nowadays.
    Facts do however require evidence before they are called facts. Or something like that anyway.
    Otherwise theyre conjectures.

History repeats. Russians are as guilty as lots of other athletes. Its just their turn to take the blame. And political situation really helps. Years ago usa was blamed, then jamaica... before that we had germans, russians, czhech... it all comes to one big point. Remove this sports from daily news. They don't deserve to talk about them. Same is in swimming and even more in cycling. Bring back amateurs, we don't want to watch this buffed up wannabe pros. I just wait when they will add Bolt to this list...

Deleted
    Indipendent doesn't mean much nowadays.
    Facts do however require evidence before they are called facts. Or something like that anyway.
    Otherwise theyre conjectures.
    facts like proof they are not independent

Deleted
    And we'll laugh at your understanding of how the law works.
    *care*

Some guy call Dick Pound comes up with a statement about banning a whole nation from the olympics because of doping, and they do not provide facts either.
    I do not need to know the law to laugh at this.
    Take the guy off the drinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the reason they are saying they that Russia should be banned from sports is that Russia is the only country with state-sponsored sports, or something along those lines, it's not much a stretch to say that Russia is complicit in the doping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    *care*

Some guy call Dick Pound comes up with a statement about banning a whole nation from the olympics because of doping, and they do not provide facts either.
    Take the guy off the drinks.
    so iindependent agency is not independent organization because a guy has funny name???

15+ Year Old Account
    Athletics is a joke even without yet another authoritarian country using doped up results as a propaganda tool.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

*care*

You're laughing at it because you do not know the law. No one's under obligation to show the facts to you, not even the Russians if they can prove their innosense.

Deleted
    You're laughing at it because you do not know the law. No one's under obligation to show the facts to you, not even the Russians if they can prove their innosense.
    No I'm laughing at it because banning a whole nation because of doping sounds like something coming from Donald Duck.

This is getting desperate.
    Everyone is using doping, the trick is about coming up which substances that are a slight variation of the banned ones so they aren't banned.

Not allowing russia to compete is like, one of the most idiotic propositions I have ever heard in my life. And I have heard some.
    No....not everyone cheats. And the problem here is more complicated than that.

The scale and nature of this is such that it is effectively state sponsored cheating. That's why Russia as a whole is affected....were it just individuals then they could just strip them of their medals. But because the state is doing this, the ramifications and sanctions are greater.

So....those affected should be stripped of their medals and subjected to lifetime bans and Russia should be banned until it cleans up its act AND can demonstrate that in a convincing manner.

Yes...others probably are doing it. But this is now more about Russian state interference and complicity. And there are few governments stupid enough to do that.

It got caught. Man up and follow the recommendations so you can compete in Rio.

No I'm laughing at it because banning a whole nation because of doping sounds like something coming from Donald Duck.
    People being caught for doping is not the issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sephaphath View Post
    so iindependent agency is not independent organization because a guy has funny name???
    Don't know what you're saying there brother.
    The guy has as funny name.
    Coming up with such ridiculous statement right now buzzes my "shit-o-meter".
    The lenghty post by Skroe made it buzz even more.

Conjectures maybe. But it's a very convenient call in this very moment.

Deleted
    banning a nation when iits government iis the cause of the cheating is logical

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know what you're saying there brother.
    The guy has as funny name.
    Coming up with such ridiculous statement right now buzzes my "shit-o-meter".
    The lenghty post by Skroe made it buzz even moreectures maybe. But it's a very convenient call in this very moment.
    if this organization is not independent then you have facts showing it or just tin foip