Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Seriously though OP - don't go for a client facing job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Seriously though OP - don't go for a client facing job.
    Back to harass me again?

I can handle people just fine, I've seen crazier shit working in pharmacy and hospitals. Apparently it was my mistake for getting hung up on roleplaying and in ignorance didn't know what she wanted. No idea what definition of roleplay people are using but it conflicts with mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Back to harass me again?

I can handle people just fine, I've seen crazier shit working in pharmacy and hospitals. Apparently it was my mistake for getting hung up on roleplaying and in ignorance didn't know what she wanted. No idea what definition of roleplay people are using but it conflicts with mine.
    No harass meant! Just saying client facing jobs are the worst kind.

The first one she gave me the entire scenario, there was no beginning to start the roleplay.

She didn't respond in the second one, I was left acting by myself.
    Shes saying roleplay instead of saying "Now imagine this scenario.... Now what would you do in this situation?" Your in a job interview your not in an acting class and your not trying to spice up some sex so you shouldn't think your supposed to be putting on a British accent.

The first one she gave me the entire scenario, there was no beginning to start the roleplay.

In the first one she did. You are thinking of roleplay only as a back and forth. She was being the customer who came to you, was straight to the point about what happened and asked if you could replace the phone. That's roleplay, but it relies on your answer. It's not like she was going to give you something by going Hello. So you could say hello back and standard speech. There are various types of roleplay. You just weren't prepared for this one.

Back to harass me again?

I wouldn't hire someone with this weird, pedantic approach to things either. It's pretty obvious what she was looking for.

Roleplay is not a dialogue.
    Roleplay means you are given a part and have to play the part.
    Just imagine that you were not facing a customer, but were given a piece of paper with the description of the situation. What would you do?

Deleted
    I'm tempted to say OP has at one point in his/her/xer/xis/whatever life been diagnosed with aspergers. To me it was pretty apparent what was expected of you in the given situation, but since I'm not you, I can't say for sure. I wish you luck finding job tho! I wouldn't wish customer interaction involving positions upon my worst enemy.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-11-10 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGettingBanned View Post
    I'm tempted to say OP has at one point in his/her/xer/xis/whatever life been diagnosed with aspergers. To me it was pretty apparent what was expected of you in the given situation, but since I'm not you, I can't say for sure. I wish you luck finding job tho! I wouldn't wish customer interaction involving positions upon my worst enemy.

Infracted
    Funny that you are infracted when you are mostly right.

Shes role playing the customer. She told you the scenario and she is acting the part of the customer. You should have responded in the way you would as if she really was the customer. You know.. "role-playing"

Sounds like you should have rolled for initiative.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to close this here. We're having enough trouble with people staying civil