Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Guys pls before talking about Holy paladin mastery look at this

"Beacon of the Lightbringer
    Passive
    The maximum bonus from Mastery: Lightbringer is increased by 24%, and it now increases your healing based on the target's proximity to either you or your Beacon of Light, whichever is closer.
    "

So u can heal ranged and still benefic from mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Puxpux View Post
    Might be wrong, still need more information on Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath etc etc
    We can assume those spells are no longer a part of the ret paladin's kit by virtue of omission.

Looks like , build 3 holy power, judge, blade , spender, CS, spender... build 3 holy power again for next 12 secs repeat =P

Might be wrong, still need more information on Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath etc etc
    Actually it's going to be build 3-5 holy power, judge, Spender, Blade, CS/Spender since they are making CS and Blade have a 20% chance to generate an additional HP. You don't want to waste potential HP since they mentioned nothing about Ex/HoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Diatenium View Post
    We can assume those spells are no longer a part of the ret paladin's kit by virtue of omission.
    I doubt tho, Ret will lack on Execution if that happens... And there is alot of talents to cover also, pretty sure we have plenty of cooldowns and passive talents missing there... its just a tease =p

So, um, if the focus of these changes is to enhance class and spec fantasy why do retribution paladins get a talent named after a protection warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Not a fan of the Holy mastery, will probably be good but I just don't like it..feels kind of annoying bleh.
    Problem with it is that you'll still count as a potential ranged target for boss abilities. Which makes the previewed talent not much of a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Geso View Post
    Actually it's going to be build 3-5 holy power, judge, Spender, Blade, CS/Spender since they are making CS and Blade have a 20% chance to generate an additional HP. You don't want to waste potential HP since they mentioned nothing about Ex/HoW.
    Yeah you right about that, and we dont know if Divine purpose will be a thing also, no waste HP

I doubt tho, Ret will lack on Execution if that happens... And there is alot of talents to cover also, pretty sure we have plenty of cooldowns and passive talents missing there... its just a tease =p
    Hammer appears prot-exclusive, with built-in consecration interactions. They also said they wanted to remove "Caster" abilities from ret.

They said they dont like ret doing range spells but they give a new ranged attack wot?

Hammer appears prot-exclusive, with built-in consecration interactions. They also said they wanted to remove "Caster" abilities from ret.
    Nothing on Hammer of Wrath, doubt they taking it away =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit Blizz.

I was DONE I had left the building and I was happy...

But now you spring this shit on me? Not only the new challenge modes (which seem like D3's Grifts, but with the best parts of PoE's map system thrown in for spice), but in addition you remove Holy Power for Prot?

Looks like I'm going to have to res my old Paladin and rejoin the fight brothers. I'm not strong enough to resist any more.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Nothing on Hammer of Wrath, doubt they taking it away =p
    For argument's sake, let's presuppose HoW is on the cutting room floor. Do you think that's a wise design decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Ma SoR uptime

I don't really like prot paly loosing holy power and going full crit to fish SoR proc :/ Will see in beta how it feels to play.

I'm kinda disapointed now. Was really hyped switching to DH tanking. Blizzcon made me think twice about it. with the lack of DH tanking info, perma metamorphosis being a possibilty I don't like and great protpal artifact.

But the spec being so much changed, I'll really need to see IG. Bear tanking sounded appealing. But if prot really switch to "fish crit for SoR" I'm afraid I'll leave the holy crusade.
    Would you really have to fish for SotR though? From the 3 charges, it has an on demand up-time of 18 seconds, unless if RNG is really bad, it's likely you'll crit in those 18 seconds and keep up SotR up for longer. I'm more curious about the whole 15s light of the protector self healing thing, would make our self survivability similar to MoP levels again for sure.

Also AS increasing LoP and SotR effects by 20%? This might be on-demand increase to mitigation perhaps.

Edit: That brings up something else; what if you have 100% crit..do you just spam SotR for 100% up-time since its generated from auto attack crits? Umm..
    Last edited by Toijin; 2015-11-10 at 02:30 AM.
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

For argument's sake, let's presuppose HoW is on the cutting room floor. Do you think that's a wise design decision?
    I dont think they will take most dmg execution skill from Ret there... they can change it not give Holy power, or whatever they thinking , but remove it without giving something in return, its an awful design decision

I dislike charges on spells, especially spells with buffs such as Shield Block etc. Make me put more focus on that. I enjoyed prot paladin with holy power and current playstyle

They said that while giving ret a new ranged move.

Well, short ranged, but it's not melee range, Blade of Justice has a 12 yard range.

It's very possible to just shorten the range of Hammer of Wrath to 12 yard and there ya go.

I just don't like the fact that we might change our priority in terms of stats. I think what they're TRYING to do (and this may become more apparent as we see other tank previews) is to give more survivability value to the secondary stats we don't normally prioritize. This way, when you don't get a piece of gear with your preferred stats, it doesn't feel like less of an upgrade because the stats all have similar value

EDIT: Forgot about the removal of multistrike, the interaction with Crit is likely there to fill that gap

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this all of our core damaging abilities? 4 single target and 1 aoe attack. Builders also seem to have long cooldowns. There's gonna be a lot of hitting CS and waiting for the next CS doing nothing.

Conviction
    Passive
    Your Crusader Strike and Blade of Justice have a 20% chance to generate 1 additional Holy Power.
    I dont like rng HP. If im at 3 HP using BoJ means there is a 20% chance ive just wasted a HP. This makes our rotation less flexible.

Mastery: Hand of Light
    Your Crusader Strike, Blade of Justice, Divine Storm, and Templar’s Verdict deal 45% (with Mastery from typical gear) additional Holy damage.
    Why is this still not increased damage but additional damage?

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Why is this still not increased damage but additional damage?
    Works well with mechanics/trinks like EDH. More spells cast = more stacks = more damage

Deleted
    "class identity"
    Not a single word about seals, avenging wrath and hammer of wrath + we get a random chance for generators.
    The preview sounds really bad, lets hope that at least our talents will be fine.