Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    the ring will be BiS ring (fully upgraded) til roughly second raid content of legion

Yeah, no. You have no source of that and it's wrong. They nerf legendaries early.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You mean like Sonic the hedgehog?
    I loled

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Seeing as the ring will be BiS ring (fully upgraded) til roughly second raid content of legion it's well worth it hell even if you dont upgrade it still worth getting.
    wrong, no legendary since like thunderfury has been useful, even shadowmourne was replaced by blue axes.

they simply nerf the proc into oblivion or make you unable to use it at higher levels, see panadaria cloak it would still be BiS because the proc scales and would continue doing 5-10% of your damage, but ta-da it cannot work for level 100's, same for the meta gem in helm that no longer works for level 100's.

the ring would remain forever bis because at 795 doing 44% more damage and exploding for all that damage is insane even if you could replace it with an ilvl 1200 ring that would be worse than the proc alone.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Yeah, no. You have no source of that and it's wrong. They nerf legendaries early.
    Agreed. The cloak stopped proccing the instant you hit 100 and it's ilevel/stat selection was replaced quickly if you got an item that was the right stat breakdown or crafted a cloak for yourself as a tailor. There's zero real basis for the claim that we'll be using it until the second raid tier, especially for people who have dogshit stat allocations on theirs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahkesis View Post
    Agreed. The cloak stopped proccing the instant you hit 100 and it's ilevel/stat selection was replaced quickly if you got an item that was the right stat breakdown or crafted a cloak for yourself as a tailor. There's zero real basis for the claim that we'll be using it until the second raid tier, especially for people who have dogshit stat allocations on theirs.

And the 6.2.3 heirloom trinkets appear to go up to 800 which means that would be where a blue item from a 5man might be.

Or worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Realistically people are going to be expecting ilvl720 for Mythic pugs, though guilds recruiting will likely be willing to boost a player who will commit to raiding, due to the massive issue with recruitment right now. From that angle (joining a guild and being carried to gear up) it's definitely doable yes... But I think it's extremely unlikely that at this point in time we would see ilvl700-705 raids making successful ventures into Mythic.
    Sure, but requiring a higher than needed ilvl is more of an issue with pugs than the ilvl itself. I agree that you're not really going see a raid full of 705 start pushing through Mythic at this point, but I think that this is getting bogged down into specific ilvls and that isn't really the point. This conversation started because someone said that they could, in Cata, ding on a new toon and get into heroic content within a few weeks if they had the skill for because it supposedly wasn't as gear dependent. I think its at least as easy now to gear up to an acceptable level to get into mythic raids as it was any point in the past - either pugging the first few or showing enough promise on a new char (if you had past raiding experience) that a guild could take a chance on you and at least start bringing you into some of their farm content.

The ring definitely puts people behind the curve, just like the cloak did last expansion although it is worse now with all the incremental upgrades. But having a ring or the lack of a ring isn't going to completely stop someone from gearing up quickly and getting into Mythic. It may be harder, it may mean you're more limited in the guilds that would take you, but its not impossible by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    20 days? Right now, if you were committed you could do it in a week as a tank. I get that the dps ring is huge, the tank one is not.

Seriously, gearing is so quick if you put the effort into it, as of tomorrow, the baleful gear will go from 655 to 695. Grab some of that in Tanaan/Daily heroic bags (becase you are of course a tank)and fill in the gaps with crafted items. Use that to get into mythic dungeons where you will be picking up 685 minimum and up to 725 gear. 700 is enough to start HFC mythic, I really don't understand how you think this is slower than Cataclysm.
    695 baleful gear is worthless in an age where people require 700+ ilevel for doing just normal mode HFC, you get lucky on Kazzak, get your 715 ring in a few weeks, you are still not likely to get your average ilevel above 700 even with farming Tanaan nonstop for baleful tokens. When you finally get into the pugging scene, 50/50 you'll be turned down for not having a orange ring.

That's where we are as an end game right now, it has never in the history of wow been more punishing to make alts than it is right now.

Just for point of reference, within 24 hours of my Warlock capping in WotLK I was raiding normal mode ICC with solely ICC5man and TotC crafted gear, during the age of gear score.

This is why guilds are falling apart right now, people are leaving because of lack of content, there is no one to replace them. Their rings are gone and you can't find anyone with the gear to fill that slot so your guild can't even continue. WoD failed at the key thing every other xpac has had before it, upward mobility from casual to hardcore content, funneling casuals into progressively harder difficulties and whetting their teeth.

If artifact weapons and gathering artifact power are as punishing as rings are now then you can bet the same thing will happen in Legion.

Like everyone says, catchup isn't the main problem, I'm already over 50 stones in a week on my 3rd alt attempting it just purely through lfr once and a constant influx of easy shipyard and garrison quests. The BRF bit will take a bit longer unfortunately (need a good 300 cut from its cost), but yeah the main throttle point is once you get to the current content as there is no catchup then.

Definitely would agree that Blizzard went the wrong way to nerf content gradually by allowing you to upgrade the ring every week for months, because it really makes a massive difference to performance.

But I hate the ring in all ways, the way it works as a shared buff is great for progress but horrible as an individual.. That makes it not exciting to use, at the upper level of raiding it just makes people mad at each other because they all want it used at a slightly different time.. Warriors especially get completely fucked over if they dont get it for Execute, other classes get fucked over if it's not used on cooldown. But yeah that is a separate issue.

It's too late now anyway, these concerns were voiced very loudly when the ring was announced and Blizzard had no intention of changing the ring for any of the concerns. Their idea is that upgrading everyweek gives people an incentive to stay subbed, whilst also gradually nerfing the content.. Unfortunately it does have the effect of fucking over new players and alts, since even if they can get the ring quickly they will be a long way behind those with fully upgraded rings (which we should be seeing in coming weeks, I'm at 786 already, seen some at 789).

Positive Thoughts!!

Doom and gloom aside though... If you're joining a guild then they are so desparate right now that they will take almost anyone, just knowing you're working hard on the ring and motivated to play will be enough for many. My previous guild got to Gorefiend Mythic some 2 months ago and due to recruitment issues have had only 2 nights on it, one of them with 19 players, the only reason they are not 11/13m right now is largely due to recruitment issues....

I'm fairly sure my old guild is not alone in this, if you want to raid the guilds need you more than you need them.. Take advantage of it, you dont need the ring to kill anything and with valor ilvl upgrades the content will be outgeared more than ever.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-11-17 at 09:56 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    695 baleful gear is worthless in an age where people require 700+ ilevel for doing just normal mode HFC, you get lucky on Kazzak, get your 715 ring in a few weeks, you are still not likely to get your average ilevel above 700 even with farming Tanaan nonstop for baleful tokens. When you finally get into the pugging scene, 50/50 you'll be turned down for not having a orange ring.

That's where we are as an end game right now, it has never in the history of wow been more punishing to make alts than it is right now.

Just for point of reference, within 24 hours of my Warlock capping in WotLK I was raiding normal mode ICC with solely ICC5man and TotC crafted gear, during the age of gear score.

This is why guilds are falling apart right now, people are leaving because of lack of content, there is no one to replace them. Their rings are gone and you can't find anyone with the gear to fill that slot so your guild can't even continue. WoD failed at the key thing every other xpac has had before it, upward mobility from casual to hardcore content, funneling casuals into progressively harder difficulties and whetting their teeth.

If artifact weapons and gathering artifact power are as punishing as rings are now then you can bet the same thing will happen in Legion.
    Better yet, PvP gear (S2 epic / S3 blue after a hotfix) is ilvl 700 in PvE now. You even get some 2/4 set bonus. It's not a huge dmg increase as it's PvP oriented but it's always something.

Tanaan can go die in a fire now.

Those tier sets and trinkets in HFC are too strong though. I can be ilvl 720 with lucky mythic dungeon gear, I will still suck compared to ilvl 705 guy with the 4-piece, leg ring and proper HFC trinkets.

If there's anything that could fix burnout and split-raiding, it's nerfing those bloody bonuses. Getting 40%+ DPS increase from them is just silly.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-11-19 at 06:26 AM.