What is the Consensus for the Lv75 talent row? I've been running Prism but it seems to hit like a wet noodle so I'm considering switching to one of the other two. Maybe Holy Avenger Macroed with Tyr's Deliverance? If Prism is mathematically the best then I'll continue to trust the numbers and run it.
    Last edited by Genzen Han; 2016-09-04 at 05:32 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont know, Virtue doesnt feel right for me, at least now, on 800iLvL. I have enough buttons to press, and Virtue somehow break the flow of my healing cycle. I almost dropped my team today with Virtue, but feel good with Lightbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    What is the Consensus for the Lv75 talent row? I've been running Prism but it seems to hit like a wet noodle so I'm considering switching to one of the other two. Maybe Holy Avenger Macroed with Tyr's Deliverance? If Prism is mathematically the best then I'll continue to trust the numbers and run it.
    Most of our skills hit like wet noodles until they crit. Personally I run Holy Prism as it syncs well with Virtue and helps our already lacking AoE healing. I'm 100% certain that Holy Avenger will be needed for Mythic+ dungeons when we need to pop cooldowns between pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Dont know, Virtue doesnt feel right for me, at least now, on 800iLvL. I have enough buttons to press, and Virtue somehow break the flow of my healing cycle. I almost dropped my team today with Virtue, but feel good with Lightbringer.
    Virtue is substantially better in 5 mans. It does require a bit of setup though. And yes, it changes the playing style ALOT compared to regular beacon healing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Running Beacon of Faith + Divine Purpose with mostly melee groups in heroic/mythic, no problems keeping people up and haven't needed to drink since 800 ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Yes. Dream's is better.
    Which one is the Dream's artifact route? I can't seem to find it! Thanks.

Deleted
    From some reading previously it looks like i'm in the minority of using Beacon of Faith?

I just find it easier on 5man mythics at the moment considering it's 1 less button to press for BoV

Quote Originally Posted by Questecure View Post
    Which one is the Dream's artifact route? I can't seem to find it! Thanks.
    It's on the Sacred Shielding blog.

Quote Originally Posted by satyric View Post
    Have you read the tooltip?

Releases the Light within The Silver Hand for 10 sec, healing an injured ally within 15 yds for (150% of Spell power) every 1 sec.

Allies healed also receive 20% increased healing from your Holy Light and Flash of Light spells for 10 sec.

Compared to, say FoL.

A quick but expensive spell, healing a friendly target for (425% of Spell power).
    I think you missed the point of his question. Does it cast on your target if they are w/in 15 yards or is it a smart heal (target is selected by the game)?

I'm reaching insanely high DPS while AW+HA are active, it really speeds up boss fights in heroics especially. That said, it's tempting to swap to Prism. AW+BoV alone are more than enough healing to cover difficult mythic pulls or bosses, HA kinda feels like overkill sometimes.

BTW - has anyone found the hidden artifact appearance yet? I hear you have to farm demons in Faronaar, but was wondering if anyone has bothered to farm it? I was thinking of doing the WQs there every day and hoping at some point it drops instead of brainlessly farming stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I'm reaching insanely high DPS while AW+HA are active, it really speeds up boss fights in heroics especially. That said, it's tempting to swap to Prism. AW+BoV alone are more than enough healing to cover difficult mythic pulls or bosses, HA kinda feels like overkill sometimes.

BTW - has anyone found the hidden artifact appearance yet? I hear you have to farm demons in Faronaar, but was wondering if anyone has bothered to farm it? I was thinking of doing the WQs there every day and hoping at some point it drops instead of brainlessly farming stuff.
    I have farmed for hours with no luck. Hope you have better luck if you do try it, because it is certainly not on my side.

Damn, so it's pretty rare then. Oh well, I'm happy most of our Artifact skins look insanely badass.

Just waiting on these goddamn mission-gated Lumenstones now!

Soooo. I got around to leveling my holy paladin and let me say, I heard a lot of people dissing holy Paladins as boring, low skill cap, and limited to tank healing. Boy does beacon of virtue change that. This is potentially one of my favorite playstyles as a healer that I've encountered. I'm still learning to rotate my CDs properly and probably spend more mana than always necessary, but the raw throughput trumps anything I've experienced or seen in 5mans.

Beyond that, I've been playing around with the aura talents, and holy moly aura of sacrifice is godlike. I'm running with some leech gear to begin with, so this talent makes my leech almost 100% effective, so that's a 1.3% more healing right off the bat (take that, aura of mercy -.-). But even better, aura of sacrifice aura masteried on top of beacon of virtue is BASICALLY "my group is now at full life." In fact, running through the numbers, I can't see how this is broken beyond belief in raids. From my limited testing sacrifice is proccing based on the total healing of my heal+BOV. The combination of the two talents leads to a total healing multiplier above 13fold, which when you have heals that routinely crit for 400-800k, means that you can on a conservative estimate in a raid, throw out a potential 20-30 million healing in the duration of these two abilities stacked. This isn't taking into account the power of the silver hand stacking on holy shock, which can single handedly lead to 400K (non crit) holy shocks =>13 mil total healing over a raid in a global. And from my testing, the power of the silver hand seems to absorb this healing. Which makes it even more absurd.

Now, I could be wrong. Maybe I'm seeing things incorrectly, but if my current understanding of sacrifice, BOV, and the silver hand trait...this makes ascendance and cloudburst totem look like dirt in comparison. Sacrifice as stated is 15% of all healing, aka a total of 300% replication of all effective healing (beacons are effective healing last I checked.) ascendance is amazing at 100% (although admittedly not always taken.)

Anyways, I am REALLY enjoying my alt holy paladin and am considering making it my main depending on how things shape up the next two weeks.

My .02.

Honestly the idea of Aura of Sacrifice is nice. Admittedly it does great healing with Aura Mastery. However, 10% damage redirected to you is horrible for progression. Being below 75% health can mean getting one shot by a mechanic in mythic+ dungeons and mythic raids. Being far enough to not have Sacrifice on allies means mastery isn't getting it's full benefit (especially if running BoV). Overall it just isn't worth it.

All the passive auras are very negligible IMO, except for Devo aura which really shines in groups where you can split a significant portion (6-10%) on you and your tank. I agree AoS is nice on paper, quadruple healing throughput in mythic raids is absolutely insane, but you have to look at the bigger picture: Shaman, Priests, and Monks have many tools to handle burst AoE healing already. On the other hand, mass damage reduction cooldowns are really hard to come by. There's only barrier which requires stacking on one spot. For that reason alone I feel Devo is the most useful Aura you can bring to a raid.

So are holy paladins able to put out any kind of DPS or is it just big talk from the devs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlhen View Post
    So are holy paladins able to put out any kind of DPS or is it just big talk from the devs?
    Can do a lot on shorter fights when there's nothing to heal. With a combination of Sanctified wrath + Holy Avenger + Crusader's Might, my holy paladin(835) is beating my hunter friend(843) on dungeon bosses. Questing as holy is painless with some gear. The damage is decent enough even outside of CDs and you can't die.

Sustained dmg is mediocre though, maybe on pair with tanks single target, way lower on AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlhen View Post
    On most fights(normal 5man) at 805ilvl, if the group is not retarded, I can usually push 150k dps while spot healing the tank and dropping hammer/LoD on cd. It makes for some salty dps players.

So I heard some people mention that there were changes to trinket value, and I'm at the point where I can consider buying a Darkmoon deck if they're worth getting, but only if they're going to be at least as good/a little bit better than the trinkets that come from the first raid tier. If they won't last the first tier, I don't want to spend the money, but if I'm gonna be able to carry either (or both) into later raid tiers, I'll go ahead and get one. (note that I raid Heroic level, not mythic).

What is the consensus on the two Darkmoon decks for Holy Pally now?

Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    So I heard some people mention that there were changes to trinket value, and I'm at the point where I can consider buying a Darkmoon deck if they're worth getting, but only if they're going to be at least as good/a little bit better than the trinkets that come from the first raid tier. If they won't last the first tier, I don't want to spend the money, but if I'm gonna be able to carry either (or both) into later raid tiers, I'll go ahead and get one. (note that I raid Heroic level, not mythic).

What is the consensus on the two Darkmoon decks for Holy Pally now?
    As of this moment with the gear available, Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire is best in slot by a mile. There 3 trinkets better than it when world bosses and raids are available: Horn of Cenarius, Padawsen's unlucky charm, and Unstable Arcanocrystal.

It remains pretty competitive through heroic raids at least for Emerald Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoX View Post
    As of this moment with the gear available, Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire is best in slot by a mile. There 3 trinkets better than it when world bosses and raids are available: Horn of Cenarius, Padawsen's unlucky charm, and Unstable Arcanocrystal.

It remains pretty competitive through heroic raids at least for Emerald Nightmare.
    I'm not gonna say you're wrong... but the devs announced at PAX that the miniraid Trial of Valor would have trinkets and those have not been datamined yet. Until we see those trinkets it's pretty premature to speculate about EN BiS trinkets.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.