Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Is it me or is our mana in a miserable condition right now?
    It's not really in a terrible position, in longer fights you need to rely on holy light/bestow faith more and not spam FoL

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicT View Post
    It's not really in a terrible position, in longer fights you need to rely on holy light/bestow faith more and not spam FoL
    holy light feels too slow in legion, spamming it doesn't do enough hps to allow me to heal anything in time

holy light feels too slow in legion, spamming it doesn't do enough hps to allow me to heal anything in time
    More just trying to get across to be a little less reliant on FoL during the downtime on fights where little mechanics happen and try to use HL w/ the proc and casting it before damage occurs, HL with infusion proc is half the time of casting FoL so it really good like that. Having a high uptime on bestow faith on the tanks/people with rot etc will really help your mana issues as well.

If you're out of mana when the fight ends that's ok, but if you're running out before then even w/ mana pots try to address where the issue is (e.g. is it because other healers are doing low hps and you're compensating for it/people constantly failing mechanics or your own fault etc)

Well, odyn heroic is very sad mana wise

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestrang View Post
    Well, odyn heroic is very sad mana wise
    Just play DP/JoL/double beacon and it's fine. Double beacon relieves the stress of dumping FoLs into tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're ooming in ToV you're just playing very poorly. Nothing more to be said about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ajwon View Post
    Just play DP/JoL/double beacon and it's fine. Double beacon relieves the stress of dumping FoLs into tanks.
    Also this is bad advice. Faith is really bad on Odyn, and you don't need DP.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    If you're ooming in ToV you're just playing very poorly. Nothing more to be said about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Faith is indeed bad on Odyn as there are tank switches and generally tanks are not hit that much. However, I also ran DP and it felt good to be honest but I agree that as we "feel" the fight better we will be able to be more fluid with mana. I can't see Holy Avenger being good mana or throughput wise, unless you're using it with HL. Holy Prism may be better because you have AOE dmg coming in waves and I guess you can use it quite effectively.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...adin&spec=Holy

Most parses at the top indeed uses Faith, surprising eh.

When you are near your group most of the time BoF is better, you need to remember that it also helps with mana even if you are healing one tank for %70 of the time as you don't have to recast your beacon and can cast more flash of lights.

Looking at the top Holy Paladins in hps on Warcraft Logs, nearly all of them are using Aura of Sacrifice and Beacon of Faith.

With Faith you beacon two tanks, so are these guys standing near the melee pile to maximize the mastery gain on tanks?
    When these pallies are using the Sac Aura, I assume the different playstyle compared to the other Auras is you want to make sure you are topped off after the tanks.

aura of sacrifice is basically the hps whore talent.

i would argue on progress most are likely to use devo aura simply because of how good it can be in close proximity to tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

i would argue on progress most are likely to use devo aura simply because of how good it can be in close proximity to tanks.
    I thought Mercy was the 'hps whore' because it's constantly ticking for small, non-overheal amounts the whole fight, whilst Sacrifice doesn't actually do any healing, does it? It just redistributes where the damage goes. Is it the AM part that makes it do more hps than Mercy's ticking does all fight?

It doesn't do more healing than Mercy throughout the entire fight, AOS is only better if mercy is overhealing a lot with it's passive. They both have their uses, neither of them are hps whore talents.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2016-11-12 at 05:19 PM.

Being a hps whore seems like a good thing for a healer to be.
    So the next day Aura of Mercy is outnumbering the Sac raid healers on the player ranking by quite a bit, so I will stick with Mercy. Devo is nice for dungeons, but it is too much trouble to use in a raid for me.

I will try Faith in a raid next week, every top 10 raid healer has it. I have been using Virtue in 5-mans, but I will try Lightbringer instead.

It doesn't do more healing than Mercy throughout the entire fight, AOS is only better if mercy is overhealing a lot with it's passive. They both have their uses, neither of them are hps whore talents.
    sac aura allows you to solo heal entire burst aoe phases.

when you blow up 8 blobs on ilgynoth a holy pala can solo heal all that dmg with sac aura active.

Yes, if you stack it with other cooldowns. Other people can do the same thing, like a resto shaman.

Here is an example of what I am talking about : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=13, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=26

Both top 10 parses from heroic Odyn. You can look at more logs if you aren't convinced that Mercy heals for a lot more than Sacrifice if it doesn't overheal a lot.

sac aura allows you to solo heal entire burst aoe phases.

when you blow up 8 blobs on ilgynoth a holy pala can solo heal all that dmg with sac aura active.
    I want to see you try solo healing 8 Il'gynoth blobs with Sac Aura

Can someone help me with trinkets? i only run mythic+ dungeons.
    Should i use Unstable Arcanocrystal 860 or a 840 1123 int 898 crit?

My stats with the arcanocrystal right now are: 33,378 int, 42.89% crit, 3% haste, 39% mastery, 7% versa.
    with the 840 int+crit: 34,557 int, 43 crit, 43.15% crit, 1% haste, 36% mastery, 5% versa.

Thanks for the help

Deleted
    My Holydin currently has 3 trinkets available. A 850 Alchemy Trinket, a 845 crit stat stick and a 855 vial of nightmare. When I check the 2 common spreadsheets the Crit statstick is my best, with Alchemy trinket 2nd and the vial last. When I check Pawn ingame it puts Alchemy trinket last.

The crit stat stick as best is no doubt. I'm just completely in doubt about the Alchemist Stone vs Vial of Nightmare Fog. 900ish versa with an int proc vs 900ish crit with a 150K absorb proc.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    My Holydin currently has 3 trinkets available. A 850 Alchemy Trinket, a 845 crit stat stick and a 855 vial of nightmare. When I check the 2 common spreadsheets the Crit statstick is my best, with Alchemy trinket 2nd and the vial last. When I check Pawn ingame it puts Alchemy trinket last.

The crit stat stick as best is no doubt. I'm just completely in doubt about the Alchemist Stone vs Vial of Nightmare Fog. 900ish versa with an int proc vs 900ish crit with a 150K absorb proc.

Any advice?
    I have a general rule for Vial. If the fight has aoe or ticking dmg, it means that generally Vial is a good choice. For example, I cannot neglect the fact that vial heals for nearly 6million on Helya. Trinkets, just like talents should be considered in a fight to fight basis.