Deleted
    DoS is like BIS until there is like an item level of 1000 introduced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by animus121 View Post
    DoS is like BIS until there is like an item level of 1000 introduced
    Well not quite. Assuming you only got an 855 ilvl dos, then Tomb of Sargeras gear will actually be better as long as its above 925 ilvl.

Deleted
    Mhh yeah probably. But by then Karazhan will be a m+ and you should be able to get it some time a bit higher! At least I hope so!

I just got velen's future sight, replacing Prydaz, and now running Ilterend + Velen's. Any tips on using it effectively or any newb traps to avoid with it?

I'm drooling over using judgment, velen's, tyr's and holy avenger for some serious aoe healing on a low CD. Hopefully now I can conquer those pesky druids in my raid team.

Quote Originally Posted by Timadin View Post
    Any tips on using it effectively or any newb traps to avoid with it?
    firstly, kys.

secondly, sac aura doesn't work w/ velens.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    firstly, kys.
    Disturbing..

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    sac aura doesn't work w/ velens.
    Good to know, what about Aura of mercy or the 20% increased healing golden trait while aura mastery is up?

LoD's healing isn't replicated to the rest of the raid during AM. don't know why, it just is. #justbilzzardthings.

Whats the best way to do some burst dps as Holy when sometimes needed in Mythic+?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Whats the best way to do some burst dps as Holy when sometimes needed in Mythic+?
    IMO our dps is innately "bursty" because our spells hit for quite a bit. For max damage you'll want certain stats/trinkets and then just standard shockadin build for talents. Honestly you don't have to do anything fancy.

whats our t 20 bouns?

Deleted
    What's your opinion on Drape of shame 855 Vs Maraads cloak 940? The cloak is my second legendary (trinket is 1st)

Ideally I'd want drape of shame and 2 other legendaries bit for the time being is it worth swapping?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    What's your opinion on Drape of shame 855 Vs Maraads cloak 940? The cloak is my second legendary (trinket is 1st)

Ideally I'd want drape of shame and 2 other legendaries bit for the time being is it worth swapping?
    Yes. Because you're cloak is 855 the 940 legendary is in fact just better. Someone calculated the cloaks worth to be ~73 or so ilvls. So at least until you get another legendary just use maraads.

Maraad's cloak definitely.

I recently changed my Holy Playstyle to include a lot of Light of the Martyr and it's worked out amazingly (despite the 600K damage I do to myself when it crits). I only ever use it if I am at 85% health or higher. That way I would only sink to as low as 60% after using it, and use Holy Shock or 'Flash of Infusion of Light' to regen my damage. The new trait coming will make Light of the Martyr much more interesting.

I though badly want the ring for the Judgment effect. Works perfectly with Light of Dawn, Aura of Mercy Mastery, and Judgment of Light (woo it's getting fixed).
    Last edited by Isolyphic; 2017-03-13 at 03:45 PM.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Deleted
    dont do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isolyphic View Post

I recently changed my Holy Playstyle to include a lot of Light of the Martyr and it's worked out amazingly (despite the 600K damage I do to myself when it crits). I only ever use it if I am at 85% health or higher. That way I would only sink to as low as 60% after using it, and use Holy Shock or 'Flash of Infusion of Light' to regen my damage. The new trait coming will make Light of the Martyr much more interesting.

I though badly want the ring for the Judgment effect. Works perfectly with Light of Dawn, Aura of Mercy Mastery, and Judgment of Light (woo it's getting fixed).
    I'm not sure if serious. Are you using maraad's? If not what you're doing is not ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolyphic View Post

Are you trolling? The power of holy paladin is in healing 3 people at once for the cost of one spell. I'm a huge Maraads proponent, even using shoulders + cloak over shoulders + trinket in many situations, but this is asinine

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Maraad's is definately among our best legendaries, if anything, only truly outshined by the ring. With the cloak you basically become better at single target healing in any situation, with perhaps the exception of very short fights which don't even matter in the first place because those are farm ez content anyway :P

But to be honest, the best part of it is that it invites to a new healing style which adds more complexity and therefor increases the potential of how much your skills can affect your performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carinyitus View Post
    Maraad's is definately among our best legendaries, if anything, only truly outshined by the ring. With the cloak you basically become better at single target healing in any situation, with perhaps the exception of very short fights which don't even matter in the first place because those are farm ez content anyway :P

But to be honest, the best part of it is that it invites to a new healing style which adds more complexity and therefor increases the potential of how much your skills can affect your performance.
    While it does allow you to modify your healing priorities to include LoTM a little more, I completely disagree in that the only thing that outshines it is the ring. It will still do damage and even if buffed to its max 50% it will really only be doing a slightly higher amount and after net damage loss to healing it might turn into a instant FoL, when in a good deal of fights you might not have the best usage of LoD or even have the chance to use it or the risks of mixing in LoTM into your rotation are a bit high. There are a couple other legendaries that can easily compete, are safer, and are easier to use including prydaz/velens/ or shoulders. It doesn't necessarily add more complexity to healing, it just gives a majority of people who improperly spam lotm an excuse to use it more, and give some people with a low ilvl DoS or no other better legendaries something to use in the mean time.

I'm a big fan of Maraad's as well, but will freely admit that my guild is only 3/10 and 2/3 M and my other two legendaries are Aggramar's/Uther's, so it's hard to say for myself if my parses are significantly lower without BiS legendaries + drape of shame.

I agree with Cari that it's a fun legendary and the new playstyle it offers is very welcome. But it is somewhat unfortunate that Blizz introduced DoS into the game (whose ilvl will now scale with M+ in 7.2). I would have to agree that if you get Prydaz/Shoulders/Iterendi next, just take Trinket + one of those and throw on Drape of Shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    While it does allow you to modify your healing priorities to include LoTM a little more, I completely disagree in that the only thing that outshines it is the ring. It will still do damage and even if buffed to its max 50% it will really only be doing a slightly higher amount and after net damage loss to healing it might turn into a instant FoL, when in a good deal of fights you might not have the best usage of LoD or even have the chance to use it or the risks of mixing in LoTM into your rotation are a bit high. There are a couple other legendaries that can easily compete, are safer, and are easier to use including prydaz/velens/ or shoulders. It doesn't necessarily add more complexity to healing, it just gives a majority of people who improperly spam lotm an excuse to use it more, and give some people with a low ilvl DoS or no other better legendaries something to use in the mean time.
    I said that it was only "truy outshined" by the ring, which doesnt mean the cloak is better than other legendaries, but definately on par with several of them if not better. Thing is, shoulders/prydaz/trinket are kind of in the same league and some encounters may favor one over the other. Same thing applies to the cloak.

What I'm saying is that the cloak is better than most people make it out to be because those people haven't tried it or don't know how to use it or can't see the benefits in it. The thing is. there are 3 main benefits by using the cloak come as a side effect beyond the empowered lotm healing.

1. its healing indeed equals what an instant iol fol would do which not only means less overhealing but can also save somebody that would otherwise die within the cast time of that fol.
    2. you can cast it while moving. Which means you have a total of 4 heals you can use without casting, grats you are now mobile as never before!
    3. the synergies at play with the cloak and lotm are amazing. First of all there's the mana savings, lotm cost far less than a fol so theres that. Those get magnified with DP, making it even more efficient. It also sinergies very well with haste (no more oom boiz!) and even better with leech. It also sinergize very well with the shoulders

When I said it adds more complexity it's because you add another spell to your usage, one which you can only use after lod and wihin a specific time window. You also need to cast it on a target that you would do almost no overheal (else u are doing it very wrong ). Adding another spell might seem trivial, but it's actually not because you also have to keep jol up and keep smart positioning to make the best out of lod and lotm. I mean i'm not saying its the hardest thing out there but arguing is not more complex is simply wrong look at it this way, using it allows you to min/max your playstyle more than if u didnt. For those that like challenges is actually cool

But really, it's the fast pace and efficiency that makes the cloak better than most people think. It may not be the best legendary out there, but it definately competes in the tier2 legendary group and have the potential of making bigger differences in a raid than just the flat 4-6% passive hps that shoulders and neck would for example.
    Last edited by mmoc3c7880fcf2; 2017-03-14 at 10:20 AM.