Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    What I'm asking about would basically be the same thing as the damage predictor, just the amount of UA's going into that tick rather than the combined number of damage. If the next tick has, say, 4 UA's worth of damage going into it.. it would show 4, not 176232718 (or whatever the number would be). It wouldn't be any more or any less meaningful, just easier to read. Because good luck making use of a constantly changing 6 digit number in raid.
    Okay, I get what you're misunderstanding. There aren't 4 UA's with different durations overlapping in the background and ticking at once*. The damage from the previous UA gets bundled up and spread out over the new UA's duration. So you've got fractions and fractions of fractions all dumped into one mixing bowl and combined into a single newer bigger UA.

That's why the single damage number is all you see people using. It's all there is to use.

*Some people thought it worked this way, and may have said so in guides and videos, but AFAIK it's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Okay, I get what you're misunderstanding. There aren't 4 UA's with different durations overlapping in the background and ticking at once. The damage from the previous UA gets bundled up and spread out over the new UA's duration. So you've got fractions and fractions of fractions all dumped into one mixing bowl and combined into a single newer bigger UA.

That's why the single damage number is all you see people using. It's all there is to use.
    Gotcha. Sorry for the confusion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Okay, I get what you're misunderstanding. There aren't 4 UA's with different durations overlapping in the background and ticking at once*. The damage from the previous UA gets bundled up and spread out over the new UA's duration. So you've got fractions and fractions of fractions all dumped into one mixing bowl and combined into a single newer bigger UA.

*Some people thought it worked this way, and may have said so in guides and videos, but AFAIK it's not true.
    I think Bay mentioned this as well in his 2nd pass of affliction @ finalbosstv.

Besides when you have high haste + soul conduit procs, you can get up to 6+ UA's in a row. But the first few UA's have passed away (if you would wrongly think it works in stacks).

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    I think Bay mentioned this as well in his 2nd pass of affliction @ finalbosstv.

Besides when you have high haste + soul conduit procs, you can get up to 6+ UA's in a row. But the first few UA's have passed away (if you would wrongly think it works in stacks).
    I watched that. I know he had it wrong at first, though I can't remember if he corrected himself before the end. I do remember that the accurate functioning was clear to me, and that I've confirmed it again just now.

It's actually remarkably easy to test for yourself. Take off your proc trinkets, go build 5 SS by using Drain Soul on the piglets west of your Garrison, then fly back into the Garrison and try casting just UA on the dummies so you can watch the damage ticks. Stagger them, chain cast them, once you stop casting the last cast UA will tick for the same damage every time. That's how you can be sure that the previous UA damage is bundled together and spread out rather than continuing in the background and falling off mid-way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys, is that just me or it seems like our dps become lower with yesterdays update?

with a pack of long living targets, say 8.. and we are going to use the spender on seeds. how many targets is it viable to keep agony up on..give or take

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    with a pack of long living targets, say 8.. and we are going to use the spender on seeds. how many targets is it viable to keep agony up on..give or take

You need to keep agony up on as many targets as possible until you can spend *every* GCD on sharded-seeds.
    My guess would be 4-5 targets.

my guess as well. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    No, but it does consecutively roll damage over. Which is what I'm asking

so with your explanation,

what I'm asking is if someone has a WA that would display how many UA's went into that 105k damage over 6 tick UA, or how many went into the 90k UA. Rather than having a calculated, 6+ digit number on your screen like the damage prediction ones, it'd be a much simpler number. And it would be nice to have when trying to keep contagion up as long as possible where spamming all your UA's instantly isn't ideal

Calm down. I did read your post and I understand it isn't an arbitrary stack, but the amount of UA's going into a target could still be worth tracking.
    Here is how you can track the dmg amount directly from the UA tooltip on your target.

Trigger -
    Type: Aura
    Use Full Scan (High CPU) (you have to do this to get the tooltip value)
    set Aura Name, "is exactly", Unstable Affliction
    Check: "Own Only"
    Check: Use tooltip "size" instead of stacks (this turns %s into the tooltip value.

One thing to keep in mind is that this is going to show the tooltip value. In my testing, there are other things that buff it up a little more than what the tooltip says, so you may see 210K for example, but your tics will actually be hitting for about 241k (on the PvP dummy)

Heres an example that will pop up a icon when your TARGET is afflicted by UA:
    Code:
    dOt8caGAasRxHIDrQ02asZuHkZMIBce)cG62k1ovWEr7MW(Ps)uenmqACKk(TqdfamyIYWPIoOi1PL6yuLdtPfcQwka0IbLLtKhcG8uvpwrpxWebqnvsMmPmDOlQqPRsfEgPkxxuBKOsNxKSzLSDGQ)kcFMQAAku13bKgjPQUSKrdugpGYjbiUfrvxdqCpIkwPczzG41aQMEuX3CWtpqHarh(apeDHORNUqLhu59HaQT0rpO8BEnEnQ4bwY1kuihacu(zoGXTQagY7oYDK7i3rUJ4TtSbVusTVFjbsuR4G8Eq5rP23VKOIxRGLxlvkNfV(PbqqKRJXXNdvIGZA2REMilAKW4JavKuysr48zrJ8OvYVq(COsiS7IW5dzyZywGeoVWUlEhIaAHzkxzPxltpXok4N5ag3jaR1kES3LgVWURerNLKfJs8Yro8c7UcuXbpEhIaAHzkxzPxltpXokiYVYgtyAfeorEWQ2hmKdEqHYBIwnQ4rRPeiv87SbBQisKxRxREMnykQ43zd2urKiVKDwuXVZgSPIirENG7eTMsGuXVZgSPIir(LDIDuqfFOf(MIx)OKwXVZgSPIx)OKwr4ejYlfnfv87SbBQisKphQeZ4gMfjCI8ROaFpMIdEaHxQ87OqLYzX3ZOGpG2jWdauuG2wSlbYN0H6acapw(wJxzL8l0vgGbSRmqs5kZHiGwyMYvw61Y0tSJcEG2AiyCWdkuErERKAF)skWbpEToaOzXeBWlERXWhq7e4bai2cKhEsLkjie5TuX7qeqlmt5kl9Az6j2rbh80duiq0Hip4CWB8q8isc

EDIT: It kind of looks like Rot and Decay might reset it to 56k per tick. I got a good 5 or 6 stack up to 220k a tick and then when i channeled the tooltip reset to 56k and the dummy was no longer ticking for 220k. Obviously you wont be able to maintain that for any long period of time since the damage is based on whats remaining, but; if you do not channel you will get two or three more tics at 220 rather than it dropping to the minimum.
    Last edited by Mindscrew; 2016-08-12 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust843 View Post
    Guys, is that just me or it seems like our dps become lower with yesterdays update?
    They nerfed our pvp stat template. No idea why that would matter outside of pvp though

I'm a casual PvE player and I have thought about playing warlock again, since I have usually liked my summoner type classes, but just haven't been feeling warlock in WoD, and generally hate the Legion changes. Affliction seems interesting, but two things keep me from really trying it. First is ramp up, so it seems for more casual players like me, that 5 mans will be not so good, and, more importantly soul effigy.

Is Soul Effigy still the go to talent for all situations? It is like prismatic crystal for mages that was hated, so they got rid of it and gave a worse version to warlocks. I know phantom singularity was buffed, so is it possible to use one of the other talents and be fairly close in dps, or is SE just too much better? I hate gimping myself dramatically by playing non-ideal talent specs, but I will not use this talent, ever. Just hoping that things may have changed to where we aren't hurting too bad by using a different talent choice. . .

Also, how are we looking for mythic+? I guess numbers can be tuned, but is our ramp up on trash going to be a game breaker?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalspork View Post
    I'm a casual PvE player and I have thought about playing warlock again, since I have usually liked my summoner type classes, but just haven't been feeling warlock in WoD, and generally hate the Legion changes. Affliction seems interesting, but two things keep me from really trying it. First is ramp up, so it seems for more casual players like me, that 5 mans will be not so good, and, more importantly soul effigy.

Is Soul Effigy still the go to talent for all situations? It is like prismatic crystal for mages that was hated, so they got rid of it and gave a worse version to warlocks. I know phantom singularity was buffed, so is it possible to use one of the other talents and be fairly close in dps, or is SE just too much better? I hate gimping myself dramatically by playing non-ideal talent specs, but I will not use this talent, ever. Just hoping that things may have changed to where we aren't hurting too bad by using a different talent choice. . .

Also, how are we looking for mythic+? I guess numbers can be tuned, but is our ramp up on trash going to be a game breaker?
    Without knowing 100 % (take this with a grain of salt), I think you would take Phantom Singularity for mythic+. The AoE dmg is pretty significant, and also helps with the issues you were scared off. I do think Destruction overall will be a better dungeon spec, but I don't think Aff will be far behind when most last longer than 5 secs (which they do in mythic+).

Anything and everything is subject to change at this point. I think I would be well off prefacing this post with just one note: if you want all of the rewards from Mythic+ dungeons, but don't care about setting world records, any spec will do. Anything is OK. Just play what you like. If you want to set world records, then I'm not the person to ask how.

With that said, I personally think Affliction is in a good spot. A lot of the playerbase is satisfied with the spec and after the Phantom Singularity buff they actually, when specced for it, can churn out some pretty damn good AOE numbers, especially in longer AOE fights. Phantom Singularity and Demonic Power (Grimoire of Sacrifice) are very solid now, and Sow the Seeds makes you a serious AOE powerhouse. Your single target damage will suffer of course, though, but based on the logs I've seen it isn't the end of the world.

What I think a lot of people are overlooking with Affliction is you can spec a lot of different ways which will create a very different result in the end. If you're going to be running Mythic+ dungeons with a Windwalker and BM Hunter, who are going to cleave so hard it makes your head spin, then I would suggest focusing more on single target damage abilities like Soul Effigy/Siphon Soul/Grimoire of Service. On the other hand you can also spec Sow the Seeds with Phantom Singularity to compensate for your group's lack of cleave too--say, if you're running with an Assassination Rogue and Enhancement Shaman. I've seen logs of Mythic+ level 10 where a Warlock did 300k DPS throughout the instance, and nearly 365k on trash alone.

You also provide candies for your team, you can brez, and the survivability of Affliction is good and provides you with an OK margin of error.

For me it's a no brainer. I love Affliction in its current form. If the spec ends up sucking, well, that's just a vocational hazard and there's not much we can do at this point. But if I were a betting man, I would put money on it being plenty capable of doing higher Mythic+ dungeons.

Yes, people saying Destro is the way to go for PvE, but I just don't like how it plays now. It seems like you can only cleave because RoF is too hard to get rolling and it feels sooo slow. Also, Chaos Bolt just seems to hit for so little damage, especially if RNG doesn't go your way with the stupid mastery. It just isn't FUN.

Deleted
    Did they nerf PS again? Or did it never go live (outside of PTR/Legion)? I can't remember.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-14 at 03:32 PM.

Is Soul Effigy still the go to talent for all situations?
    General rule of thumb: Soul Effigy for pure single target, Phantom Singularity for AoE, Soul Conduit for cleave/council. Effigy is a large boost in a single target situation, but the benefit gets smaller and requires more skill to maintain as the number of targets increases. Phantom Singularity is a powerful AoE spell that also helps detonate your Seeds, but probably isn't the best choice if there's only one or two targets to hit. Soul Conduit is passably good in most situations, but it really shines in cleave or council fights where you have multiple Agonies giving you the most Soul Shard procs.

Yes, there are exceptions for specific encounters, like cheesing Effigy with Skorpyron's massive add packs and Soul Flame explosions. Yes, things can change at very high skill levels, where people can execute tricks that most of us can't pull off. But as a general rule of thumb the above holds.

Deleted
    Affli will be as bad as it was compared to the other specs viability in raids, or it became so much better at lvl 110 with artifact ?

Deleted
    Hey guys, I am collecting artifact informations for some of my guild members, is there a picture of the Affli Artifact "best path" Traits to lvl it up, like I saw on some other classes? Didnt find anything yet on the last pages.

Greetings

Just come to get some opinions regarding the latest nerfs to affliction. A friend mentioned them so I went digging around online to find the information or some patch notes. From my understanding the nerfs are below.

As an avid pvp player I'm not going to lie but these changes have left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Intellect: Decreased from 155% to 120%

Unstable Affliction: Dispel damage decreased from 200% remaining to 120% of remaining damage.

Rot and Decay: No longer refreshes the duration of Unstable Affliction, instead it just adds two seconds to it.

Demon Skin: Passive recharge rate has 50% effect in PvP. Soul Leech absorption now passively recharges at a rate of 0.5% maximum health in PvP.