Page 47 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    To be fair every class pools and spends for those occasions too. If they can.
    We'd also have to consider rate of acquisition, you don't want to waste a share because you needed to move etc. My bigger concern would be the artifact trait for 25%chance when UA finishes to affect the target again. Will it be worthwhile numerically to wait and see if this procs? Do we only chance it when we have the double passive buff from artifact? Does that even effect that node? Etc
    Last edited by mmoc1bf664c0ec; 2016-02-15 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Fixed auto correct

Yeah ok, DPCT stays the same, my logic was flawed, I guess you'd still want 5 shards for burn phase/trinket proccs but that's no different from how it is today, except we wont be spending 2 at a time to keep Haunting Spirits up in Legion, that actually sounds a lot better, thanks

Deleted
    Oh I'm certainly not qualified to give definitive answers, I'm just chiming in to promote discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Yeah ok, DPCT stays the same, my logic was flawed, I guess you'd still want 5 shards for burn phase/trinket proccs but that's no different from how it is today, except we wont be spending 2 at a time to keep Haunting Spirits up in Legion, that actually sounds a lot better, thanks
    You'd want to be gaming compound interest almost constantly, since its currently an up to 100% dmg increase on your next UA assuming it works how it looks like it should work.

Pooling wouldn't happen intentionally in that situation.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You'd want to be gaming compound interest almost constantly, since its currently an up to 100% dmg increase on your next UA assuming it works how it looks like it should work.

Pooling wouldn't happen intentionally in that situation.
    I Agree, Compound Interest + Fatal Echoes + Contagion all suggest spreading the UA love instead of stacking it.

UA lasts 8 seconds, enough time to cast Corruption+agony on your main target + Soul effigy and a single agony on a floating soul.

Our Artifact gives us a 10s window every ~25 seconds where all its passives are doubled. You will want to cast your UAs during that 20% crit to UA, 30% crit dmg, etc. buff window. Will be similar to destruction sitting on 3-3.5 embers until a proc window opens, then unloading all resources. So long as you refresh dots outside of the artifact buff window, the compound interest gaming would happen naturally.

Compound interest only lasts for 5 seconds, and even if you were outside of the window you wouldn't just let a 50% dmg increase fall off.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    I Agree, Compound Interest + Fatal Echoes + Contagion all suggest spreading the UA love instead of stacking it.

UA lasts 8 seconds, enough time to cast Corruption+agony on your main target + Soul effigy and a single agony on a floating soul.

would compound interest and fatal echoes benefit from spreading UA? I can`t see that happening in the artifact. only contagion for me... suggest spreading UA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Our Artifact gives us a 10s window every ~25 seconds where all its passives are doubled. You will want to cast your UAs during that 20% crit to UA, 30% crit dmg, etc. buff window. Will be similar to destruction sitting on 3-3.5 embers until a proc window opens, then unloading all resources. So long as you refresh dots outside of the artifact buff window, the compound interest gaming would happen naturally.

So downing tormented souls empowers the harvester? I don`t say it doesn`t...it probably do. but the tooltip are misleading then. the tooltip states killing enemies. the tormented souls aren`t enemies.. I'm not trying to be a knob here^^ I seriously though we had to kill a mob to gain the buff
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-02-17 at 10:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    would compound interest and fatal echoes benefit from spreading UA? I can`t see that happening in the artifact. only contagion for me... suggest spreading UA

- - - Updated - - -

So downing tormented souls empowers the harvester? I don`t say it doesn`t...it probably do. but the tooltip are wrong then. the tooltip states killing enemies. the tormented souls aren`t enemies..
    I meant spreading out, 1 at a time, not spreading on different targets.

Anything you can kill is an "Enemy" for sure.

I meant spreading out, 1 at a time, not spreading on different targets.
    Ah ok. got it but still though..if there aren`t a "cap" on compound interest, there wouldn`t in my view be a benefit to spreading UAs out on single target. and the fatal echoes not really either. there would however imo.. be a big benefit on stacking those UAs with several procs up.

Anything you can kill is an "Enemy" for sure.
    I disagree..attacking a boar for instance, changes his status from neutral to enemy. the souls never turn on you if you attack them, and therefore in my view..they do not qualify for the proc at any point
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-02-17 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Ah ok. got it but still though..if there aren`t a "cap" on compound interest, there wouldn`t in my view be a benefit to spreading UAs out on single target. and the fatal echoes not really either. there would however imo.. be a big benefit on stacking those UAs with several procs up.

I disagree..attacking a boar for instance, changes his status from neutral to enemy. the souls never turn on you if you attack them, and therefore in my view..they do not qualify for the proc at any point
    Oh CI doesn't say stack UA, it only benefits 1 UA with the damage buff. So it adds dmg when you cast 5x agony/corruption before a UA. Or it protects you a bit from bad shardregen RNG by buffing your single UA.

Fatal Echoes suggests not stacking UA to me. I doubt we'll get 2 shards if we stack 2 UA's it seem to just be a single UA with more dmg added when you add another UA.

if the soul doesn't proc our artifact "Kill" talents, then half of the Artifact is useless.

Oh CI doesn't say stack UA, it only benefits 1 UA with the damage buff. So it adds dmg when you cast 5x agony/corruption before a UA. Or it protects you a bit from bad shardregen RNG by buffing your single UA.

Fatal Echoes suggests not stacking UA to me. I doubt we'll get 2 shards if we stack 2 UA's it seem to just be a single UA with more dmg added when you add another UA.

if the soul doesn't proc our artifact "Kill" talents, then half of the Artifact is useless.

I understand CI only benefits 1 UA at a time. that wasn`t the point..

and fatal echoes.. 2 shards 2 UAs? we don`t get shards from UAs. If you are referring to shards as echoes..then I think maybe the opposite are true. chuck max UAs on one target..and each and every one of them can potentially reapply itself with echo. If this weren`t the case..this one massive UA stack could have a shot at reapplying itself...

and why is half the artifact useless if the harvester isn`t triggered by souls? It ramps up to twice as good as the demonology artifact passives when triggered. surely there should..be more to it then just dotting a tormented soul and collect at the "opening" of a fight..or at will later
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-02-17 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    I understand CI only benefits 1 UA at a time. that wasn`t the point..

and fatal echoes.. 2 shards 2 UAs? we don`t get shards from UAs. If you are referring to shards as echoes..then I think maybe the opposite are true. chuck max UAs on one target..and each and every one of them can potentially reapply itself with echo. If this weren`t the case..this one massive UA stack could have a shot at reapplying itself...

and why is half the artifact useless if the harvester isn`t triggered by souls? It ramps up to twice as good as the demonology artifact passives when triggered. surely there should..be more to it then just dotting a tormented soul and collect at the "opening" of a fight..or at will later
    And how many kills do you get on single boss fights?

And how many kills do you get on single boss fights?

Fair point, guess you were correct on the souls! for now...muhahaha
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-02-18 at 12:33 PM.

Am I seeing things... or has Siphon Life been made baseline in the upcoming patch?

I guess, and from WoWhead Siphon Life is affected by mastery.

Datamining, particularly the very early stuff, isn't 100% reliable. You'll see that MMOC has moved the Siphon Life entry under "talents" now.

Is the soulshatter pvp talent really gone?

Affliction is sounding more and more like BC old drain tanking style, Im loving how it sounds so far.

That dispel protection on UA.. lol Wow