So, what happens when today's build contains everything except the destro spec?
    Do we riot? Do we summon Infernals? Join with Guldan and summon Sargeras himself?

Good news, new alpha build is basically confirmed (no word yet if it's actually a beta build).

Bad news...sorry guys... I have a source (can't link, you'll have to wait and see if I'm right) that says only brewmaster will be in this build, NOT destro.

Destro literally last spec to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    Good news, new alpha build is basically confirmed (no word yet if it's actually a beta build).

Bad news...sorry guys... I have a source (can't link, you'll have to wait and see if I'm right) that says only brewmaster will be in this build, NOT destro.

Destro literally last spec to unlock.
    I heard the same thing. Hence my post above.

It's ok. Clearly you're going to have the best artifact quest by a large margin. Maybe cleave some unsuspecting planet with portals?

It's ok. Clearly you're going to have the best artifact quest by a large margin. Maybe cleave some unsuspecting planet with portals?
    Can we blow up a planet for shits and giggles? I'd love that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we gonna get a glimpse of Sargeras, you know Scepter of Sargeras and all.

FYI if you open up the Alpha, anyone else ever notice it says "Beta Build" on the bottom ;-)

What part of the word "rumor" makes you think citations are useful or meaningful? It's not like it's an official blizzard source. And it's not like searching is that difficult. However, RATHER than give you a passive aggressive link to "let me google that for you", I will, this one time, actually provide you a link. In the future, 1) refrain from demanding citations for rumors, and 2) if you insist on ignoring #1, at least put in MINIMAL effort and search.

https://twitter.com/rwownews/status/715233012028477440
    Sheesh bro, I wanted to know where the rumor came from. Thanks for gracing me with your superior intellect.

Well, destro is officially the last spec. This is so sad
    Last edited by avahle; 2016-03-31 at 02:38 AM.

RIPPPPP destro hahaha which means no beta until at least 2 weeks for next build -.-(idc alpha)

Grrr they better make destro amazing in legion. I would hate that if we have major problems with the spec they just cast it aside because there isn't enough time to fix anything for it.

Quote Originally Posted by caturday View Post
    Grrr they better make destro amazing in legion. I would hate that if we have major problems with the spec they just cast it aside because there isn't enough time to fix anything for it.
    I mean destro being broken in some capacity is a pretty sure bet now. I would rather it be broken in a way that makes us OP than make us a spec that's set aside till 8.0

inb4 "Beneficial Rifts" are some god awful shit mechanic and "Sorry guys, it's too late in the development process to enact wholesale changes to the spec but we're of course still monitoring feedback and re-iterating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    I mean destro being broken in some capacity is a pretty sure bet now. I would rather it be broken in a way that makes us OP than make us a spec that's set aside till 8.0
    Not really, its most certainly the artifact quest.

The BM is qualified with non perfect enemies, implying that that was the issue. Assasination and Frost recently were perfectly fine as specs but they had unique artifact quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Not really, its most certainly the artifact quest.

The BM is qualified with non perfect enemies, implying that that was the issue. Assasination and Frost recently were perfectly fine as specs but they had unique artifact quests.
    I am not talking it being broken because not enough progress being made, but rather talents/rotations/traits etc. I feel feedback on them are 1000 times more important that a 30 minute scenario that we will play once in the expansion. I find it baffling if they aren't releasing destro to alpha and collecting feedback just because of artifact quest. They could just skip the quest and enable the spec so people can give them feedback on the important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Sorry Destruction warlocks! Saving the best for last. Just to clarify something that we should've clarified a long time ago, in the vast majority of cases, when a specialization has been unplayable, it's because we've still been working on that spec's artifact acquisition and traits. We need to get feedback and testing of the spec as a functional whole. We're almost there, so thank you for your patience thus far!
    Well, we better be the best after getting shafted this way.

I understand wanting to test spec as a functional whole but how is artifact acquisition important to how a spec functions? Work on the traits and release the spec ffs.

I would have thought they would prioritize on getting out all specs before focusing on iterating on specs. That way all specs get to have equal time to undergo meaningful changes based on feedback. But we have had specs with 5 iterations based on feedback now while destro has 0 based on player feedback.
    Last edited by avahle; 2016-03-31 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the Alpha so I apologize for the potentially ignorant question. I'm sure they're still working on the entire spec, but I'm seeing a few people on this page (and Blizzard) saying that the spec is mostly down due to the Artifact. What makes them not just enable the spec and wait to enable the Artifact/Artifact Quest in a future build? I know that it's Alpha and would understand if the spec isn't even functional in the code yet, but I just don't really get the thought behind delaying it for the Artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

The worst part is that they don't feel that they are making any significant to Destro that requires the same scrutiny as other specs.

Does Conflagrate not have 2 charges anymore?
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2016-03-31 at 04:25 AM.

Some clarity on how Immolate ticks and crits generate shards (15 percent chance and 30 percent chance respectively), and Chaos Bolt now does Chaos Damage...for all the good and bad that will bring.

Also looks like Fire and Brimstone (15->30) and Roaring Blaze (30->15) swapped places in the talent tree. At least FnB and Shadowburn won't be mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2016-03-31 at 05:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    The worst part is that they don't feel that they are making any significant to Destro that requires the same scrutiny as other specs.

Does Conflagrate not have 2 charges anymore?
    Conflagrate has the charges, and it's only your assumptions that are most likely incorrect.

I think they try to nerf the beneficial opened portals but they cannot close them. Let's be patient.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.