Deleted
    As it stands you still have a pet with GoSac.
    (Which i can see as intended)
    This means you still can have Infernal/Doomguard out and it would no longer be a trap talent combo

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well based off the description Sac do have interaction with your spells, as each spell has a chance to proc GoSac, and i think its based on pr cast and not pr hit, so 1 cast equals 1 chance to proc.
    1 cast of Talented SoC can proc more than 1 explosion of Sac so i dont think thats true

GoSac is pretty strong right now for Affliction, even on single target fights the damage it pulses hits your effigy and hits the boss. I would assume it would do decently for Destro too. I'm just not sure on if it will be the "go to" Grimoire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Pretty sure its 15 total. Talent tier logic supports this as well. I think they are probably working on Servitude Infernal to make it viable for aoe situations. (So it's Havoc vs Infernal for cleave/AOE situations and Demonfire vs Doomguard fo single target). Servitude will be a "take and forget" talent for people who don't like to push additional buttons.
    Well the way i read it.. is 15 bolts spread over all immolated targets.
    And even if only 1 target is immolated it deals damage equal to three Chaosbolts (with no shard cost).
    I like this talent, now hope it also looks good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    1 cast of Talented SoC can proc more than 1 explosion of Sac so i dont think thats true
    so you're comparing 2 talents, 1 talent that has 100% chance to hit multiple ppl and 1 talent that just has a chance to hit multiple ppl. 1 is spec specific the other isnt, well mostly atleast.

GoSac is looking really good for affliction since it procs off dmg events, not casts/applications....

Even though destro is a fast paced spec, it doesn't come close to the number of dmg events as Affliction. We'll have to wait and see how it compares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    GoSac is looking really good for affliction since it procs off dmg events, not casts/applications....

Even though destro is a fast paced spec, it doesn't come close to the number of dmg events as Affliction. We'll have to wait and see how it compares.
    i doubt it will stay in its current form then, if it is going to have a chance to proc each time it deals dmg then its simply too good, i think they will just add some rppm to it, to limit the amount of procs you can get and to put it more in line with the other grimoire talents, atm there wouldnt be a choice, it would be GoSac all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post

With rain of fire and immolate going on with++ ..i suspect the hits are almost up there in aoe situations
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-01-26 at 12:05 PM.

Well they answered the channel demonfire question.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Well they answered the channel demonfire question.
    I'm not too surprised they decided to make it random, though I suspect they'll have some sort of RNG smoothing to keep the damage spread from getting too uneven.

With each bolt doing 100% spell power, Demonfire looks like it'll be the top choice for single target (1500% every 12 seconds is MASSIVE). For two targets Wreak Havoc is a no-brainer, but beyond that I suspect it'll depend on weather or not they make the Infernal worth using. Demonfire loses effectiveness with too many targets, as Destro can't effectively spread Immo without losing damage (outside of Cataclysm, but that's a 1-minute CD). Plus, it has a lower SPPS than Fire and Brimstone once you get past about 7 targets, assuming an even damage spread.

The big problem I'm seeing with Destro's AoE is that it doesn't have an effective way to burn shards for AoE damage. Not a huge deal for short-lived add waves since you can dump shards beforehand and hold them, but for sustained damage against say 5 or more targets you aren't going to be able to split Chaos Bolt damage very effectively and F&B's SPPS creeps ahead.

Sure did. And here I'd hoped it was going to be the new AoE Chaos Bolt. I still wonder how it will compare to Wreak Havoc in mass AoE. Either Channel Demonfire every 12 seconds or generate 2 shards every 12 seconds (so 1 Havoc CB, i.e. 2 CBs every 12 seconds).

Edit: You guys need to stop posting stuff before I'm done posting stuff.
    Last edited by HeadBeeGuy; 2016-01-28 at 01:45 AM.

Imagine havoced demonfire on arenas. Imo on two targets, one takes ~750% spd the other 1500% + ~750% spd WOOT. Shadow locked - cast Demonfire, fire locked - cast Chaos Bolt.

Deleted
    Imagine havoced demonfire on arenas. Imo on two targets, one takes ~750% spd the other 1500% + ~750% spd WOOT. Shadow locked - cast Demonfire, fire locked - cast Chaos Bolt.
    IMO on Target A
    Havoc Target B
    Cast Demonfire
    1500% on both Targets

Otherwise it "randomly" attacks any IMO target (hitting havoc target would be bad!)

Deleted
    fairly sure you cant havoc channel demonfire as that is technically an aoe spell. suppose it could be done in theory if you immolate 1 target, havoc the other and then cast but that is assuming it doesnt count as an aoe spell.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2016-01-28 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    fairly sure you cant havoc channel demonfire as that is technically an aoe spell. suppose it could be done in theory if you immolate 1 target, havoc the other and then cast but that is assuming it doesnt count as an aoe spell.
    I can`t see this channeled spell as any more aoe then drain soul/life... it just have a prerequisite.

cobz. I think it would be havoc on first, then immo and demonfire on target number two for it to work. then immolate first for shards. but I guess that is what you essentially were saying so^^

wouldn`t wreak havoc probably be better(now)for sustained dps on two targets anyways
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-01-28 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    I can`t see this channeled spell as any more aoe then drain soul/life... it just have a prerequisite.
    It's not exactly AoE, but can you really say CDF is a targeted spell? At least from reading the tooltip it doesn't matter which, if any, creature you have selected. You just stand there channeling and the bolts pick their own targets from creatures in range with your Immo on them.

I can easily see it not being effected by Havoc, and for balance reasons I rather expect it won't.

I assume blizzards smart enough to make it so it doesn't work with havoc, otherwise... issues.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    It's not exactly AoE, but can you really say CDF is a targeted spell? At least from reading the tooltip it doesn't matter which, if any, creature you have selected. You just stand there channeling and the bolts pick their own targets from creatures in range with your Immo on them.

I can easily see it not being effected by Havoc, and for balance reasons I rather expect it won't.
    It's definitely not a targeted spell, I wonder how it behaves with LoS... Most likely the same way as Havoc.

Pretty cool... it's damage is through the roof as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's definitely not a targeted spell, I wonder how it behaves with LoS... Most likely the same way as Havoc.
    Oooh, yeah. That question of LoS is going to be big for PvPers, especially the arena folks.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Oooh, yeah. That question of LoS is going to be big for PvPers, especially the arena folks.
    If it gets through to beta... I can hear the tears already "Oh noes warlocks are killing me when I hide behind this wall! I've only spent the last expansion face raping them so hard! This is unfair please nerf!". It would be pretty broken if it doesn't take into account LoS. I would expect it to work via a system of "If target is not in sight as I tick, select one that is" but.... it's Blizzard so anything could happen.