Quote Originally Posted by Grimmaydie View Post
    If you can't cast Chaos Bolts, then why would the dmg matter? Even if it would do %500000 spellpower dmg, you still wouldn't be able to land 1 CB when a Rogue and a Feral is on you.
    Not sure why you should be able to get off a cast in hypothetical worst case scenario. The 100% crit chance would also apply to all of your other spells fyi, the changes are objectively better.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

New destro pvp talents are fantastic!
    Firestone is a glyphed dark soul but it's 3 times more crit AND 2 soul shards AND shorter cooldown. Did someone say shadowburn? Double coil, Firestone, CB - bye! Default talent for arena.
    Nether Ward is back and its better than ever. It's a fucking spell reflect and it reflects all spells. Pop up NW and cast CB! (hello godcomp) I hope ppl can't purge or spell steal it. (well you can't do this with spell reflect)
    Spellstone - hs dispels shit from you. Not as strong as Nether Ward thats for sure, hs cooldown is too big and you need to reset combat to reset this talent, atm looks pretty weak. Maybe it will be usable during CC? (if so it will mandatory so i highly doubt it)
    Fel Fissure - cb with aoe Mortal strike effect and (small?) aoe dmg (5 yards)?. I take it! It would be great even w/o AOE effect and any other damage. Great talent for everything.
    Soulshatter - free shards once in a minute and unknown shadow damage. 5 soulshards per enemy? thats a lot of soul shards. . Maybe it should be 1 soul shard per enemy and strong shadow damage? otherwise talent looks a lot like Soul Harvest though (RIP good old Soulshatter)
    Burning Legion - since we don't know how powerful Infernal is and how this talent interacts with Demonic servitude...
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2016-02-13 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Not sure why you should be able to get off a cast in hypothetical worst case scenario. The 100% crit chance would also apply to all of your other spells fyi, the changes are objectively better.
    Yes, that applies to Shadowburn too. Imagine, you're casting off SB's with %100 crit chance. The changes are better for SB.

Here's a little bit of destruction gameplay.

Say wha? I didn't think Destro was enabled on the Alpha. Did someone use some sort of exploit to swap specs?

Deleted
    uber leet exploiting

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmaydie View Post
    Yes, that applies to Shadowburn too. Imagine, you're casting off SB's with %100 crit chance. The changes are better for SB.
    ofcourse they are. imagine havoc cleaving sbs

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    uber leet exploiting
    Not really. All you have to do is get up to the part where you choose your weapon. You select destruction and it changes you to the spec. It works for frost and brewmaster also.

Yah did they stealth open destro?

Ah. Kinda useless video then, since it's unfinished and has no artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Ah. Kinda useless video then, since it's unfinished and has no artifact.
    I agree with ya, it was still fun to play. I figured I might as well share it, because why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocobutters View Post
    Not really. All you have to do is get up to the part where you choose your weapon. You select destruction and it changes you to the spec. It works for frost and brewmaster also.
    could you please show me frost mage spec. thank

Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    ofcourse they are. imagine havoc cleaving sbs
    Slick

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by zugus View Post
    could you please show me frost mage spec. thank
    Okay

Leave it to coco to find them bugs no one tried XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I tried Destruction in Alpha with the "hack", mostly it's the same but much slower, shard generation is actually okay and Channel Demonfire is doing fuckton of damage (15 bolts total each doing about 1/8 of Chaos Bolt damage non crit and every Bolt has its own individual crit chance, but same Mastery roll) and is pretty satisfying visual, but not having backdraft and Chaos Bolt is being such a slow cast (full 2.5 seconds cast now as WoD perk is gone and so is tier naturally) really feels like you are crawling. Also I feel like GCD is 1.5 seconds again, not sure - the whole spec feels sloooooow, I seriously think that if first talent row remains as is Backdraft might actually be a better choice compared to Shadowburn for raiding, for sure if there are not much adds in the encounter so prepare to switch talents like mad.

Mana is not an issue and unlike with Affliction I can sustain Mana Tap without issue, most likely because Chaos Bolt is free and Channel Demonfire is almost free and you really spend a lot of time casting these. Let's say I life tap like once in 20ish seconds not terrible, can live with that.

Rain of Fire is still laughable and it got 1.5 seconds cast time, so can't be used on the move.

So overall think like current Destruction but much slower, less Chaos Bolts and Arcane Missiles that pewpewpew good added on cd.

I really think they made it too slow and heavy now, hope they will reconsider this whole backdraft fiasco.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-02-14 at 11:05 PM.

Deleted
    hey, keep in mind that you werent able to benefit from the "punch holes through the universe" trait from the artifact lol. from what ive seen atm demo definately look the most fluid and fast paced spec atm which is nice i suppose but i was hoping destro would atleast make it difficult to choose between the 2 specs altho picking specs atm is pointless as there are plenty of beta and even alpha stuff to go through still.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2016-02-15 at 01:13 AM.

Without Backdraft wouldn't Haste have more value now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I really think they made it too slow and heavy now, hope they will reconsider this whole backdraft fiasco.
    I'd like to know what your point of reference is. Is Legion Destro slower than a fully raid or PvP geared Destro with Charred Remains, or is it slower than an equivalently geared Destro without charred remains?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Without Backdraft wouldn't Haste have more value now?
    There's a number of different factors that make haste a more valuable stat in Legion for Destro. Weather or not it'll be better than mastery on the priority list remains to be seen.

It stands to reason Destruction will be slower than it currently is. No base Backdraft means 2s Incinerates all the time, and no HFC 2pc means back to 2.5s Chaos Bolts. Without the artifact or high level raid gear for inflated crit rates, shards will also be slower to generate than current CR is (though I think it might get close by the end of the expansion).