What's not true, guardian ai is/was terrible and if you're seriously sticking up for it. And when they first unveiled the spec everything was on a very strict timer due to being tied to needing to keep power surge on cd and low duration of pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    What's not true, guardian ai is/was terrible and if you're seriously sticking up for it. And when they first unveiled the spec everything was on a very strict timer due to being tied to needing to keep power surge on cd and low duration of pets.
    That part is still true, the 60% less damage isn't and never was true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Are you sure? If so, why does it specifically mention Grimoire of Supremacy? The impression I got is that when you use that talent, THEN it has a 3 minute cooldown. Otherwise, the text "Grimoire of Supremacy" wouldn't be there, no?
    I realise i misread this and its in regards to GoSup only.
    However i assume they will apply this restriction as a baseline to the legendary.

Some of these things are stupidly OP and i doubt they even know which way they are going with them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    Pet Ai could do with some tweeks but you would not lose 60% of the damage.

Power Surge? Do you mean Power Trip?
    If so, you were never restricted to a 15second cycle because it had 3 stacks with a 15seconds CD.
    So your Felguard should and would always have the buff.

However that is now irrelevant as they have changed the spec quite a bit, you should have a look for the changes so far and also look into the Talent/Artifact trees as they would explain a lot more for you than asking in this thread (imo)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    I realise i misread this and its in regards to GoSup only.
    However i assume they will apply this restriction as a baseline to the legendary.

Some of these things are stupidly OP and i doubt they even know which way they are going with them yet.
    to be fair, the gosup thing is a very recent addition, so for the ppl that doesnt check the legendary items after each build, its only natural that it is something that was missed.

it will be an obscenely OP setup tho with the ring essentially cutting the cd of summon doomguard in half, i actually think it would end up cutting the cd by 2/3s overall which will basically be like having a static 10ish% buff with the bracers alone, if you then add the shoulders that makes you get 2 shards back when you cast call dreadstalkers, which will allow you to summon even more imps, will only shorten DG's cd and increase the 40% buff's uptime as well. those 3 legendaries synergize quite well together. i personally dont think that the bracers will go live without an icd of 3 min on the buff, would be too good and ppl would need to farm the shit out of those legendaries as its a too good of a buff to give up.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2016-04-26 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i personally dont think that the bracers will go live without an icd of 3 min on the buff, would be too good and ppl would need to farm the shit out of those legendaries as its a too good of a buff to give up.
    If I remember correctly someone (Bacon?) already mentioned that there's currently an ICD of 3 minutes on the 40% one.

EDIT: Should've checked before posting. There's an ICD of 3 minutes, but only if you pick GoSup. My bad.
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2016-04-26 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    yeah i wasnt precise in my post. i meant a 3 min icd even with if you dont pick gosup.

Deleted
    The legendaries will be blocked in mythic progress, so you don't need to farm these if you want to do world first kills.
    But later on these will be seriously OP, I mean use these items and ad the belt with 5% Doom dmg for every demon active.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    However that is now irrelevant as they have changed the spec quite a bit, you should have a look for the changes so far and also look into the Talent/Artifact trees as they would explain a lot more for you than asking in this thread (imo)

That's why I originally asked "Has this stuff changed"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharyn View Post
    The legendaries will be blocked in mythic progress, so you don't need to farm these if you want to do world first kills.
    But later on these will be seriously OP, I mean use these items and ad the belt with 5% Doom dmg for every demon active.
    You will want to farm them simply because of the ilvl they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Catharyn View Post
    Which is a shame IMO. I think they caved way too early into the development cycle on this one due to the out cry of players. As somebody who plays the game primarily to make my character stronger for the reason of PvE raid progression, not getting to use these items (at least initially) is what makes them feel pointless. If they cant be used in early progression there isn't much point having them. I surely hope its only first the first raid zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Which is a shame IMO. I think they caved way too early into the development cycle on this one due to the out cry of players. As somebody who plays the game primarily to make my character stronger for the reason of PvE raid progression, not getting to use these items (at least initially) is what makes them feel pointless. If they cant be used in early progression there isn't much point having them. I surely hope its only first the first raid zone.
    The ilvl on them alone would make them worth using. It's just the effects that are turned off.

I don't know any top end players who didn't breathe a sigh of relief when they said they would be turned off in mythic initially. The things are game breaking which would have meant they'd need to balance the fights around us having them which would make them mandatory which could fuck peoples progress.

Bracer/ring discussion: The item originally said "effect can only be triggered once every 3 minutes" not in regards to gosup, I'd be surprised if they intend us to proc it more than once every 3 minutes using the combination. It'd also completely kill gosups viability unless they made that CD get reduced as well. Though the ring does a fine job of that by itself, wonder if they'll give it a secondary effect for gosup.

I'd go on assuming its just an oversight for now or just that the tool tip isn't completely accurate yet since the things afaik aren't even available yet.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-04-26 at 03:29 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The ilvl on them alone would make them worth using. It's just the effects that are turned off.

I don't know any top end players who didn't breathe a sigh of relief when they said they would be turned off in mythic initially. The things are game breaking which would have meant they'd need to balance the fights around us having them which would make them mandatory which could fuck peoples progress.
    Yeah, it would have been way too much work to have to grind out a legendary week one for progression when you need to spend the majority of the week on alts doing split runs so that you can out gear early progression bosses. Should also disable tier bonuses, since most players dont get 4/4 for weeks until after mythics open. Anyways, I know this topic can easily hijack any thread, so i'm done lol

Yeah, it would have been way too much work to have to grind out a legendary week one for progression when you need to spend the majority of the week on alts doing split runs so that you can out gear early progression bosses. Should also disable tier bonuses, since most players dont get 4/4 for weeks until after mythics open. Anyways, I know this topic can easily hijack any thread, so i'm done lol
    We have no idea how rare they are or how random they are beyond things blizzard has implied. Tier is very reliable, especially with multiple difficulties. We allocate people getting 2/4 or 4/4 appropriately during normal / heroic week and then continue to do those splits while progressing mythic. So tier isn't anywhere near a comparable concern vs what the legendaries can potentially break. Not really sure what you're trying to get at.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Bracer/ring discussion: The item originally said "effect can only be triggered once every 3 minutes" not in regards to gosup, I'd be surprised if they intend us to proc it more than once every 3 minutes using the combination. It'd also completely kill gosups viability unless they made that CD get reduced as well. Though the ring does a fine job of that by itself, wonder if they'll give it a secondary effect for gosup.
    lol those two items combined really highlight the issue of turning a cooldown pet into a permanent pet.

Deleted
    lol those two items combined really highlight the issue of turning a cooldown pet into a permanent pet.
    well it is really the only way for them to give us that buff since they removed dark soul, ofc they could have linked it to unending resolve or something but that would feel odd having a dmg buff linked to a defensive cd, well that or make it completely random which would be the worse option.

Deleted
    Maybe the bracers will work like a CD when you use GoSup and will procc if you didn't use GoSup.
    Then the bracers would only be OP for Demo with the Ring but not for Destro or Affli.
    But tbh I don't get it why someone should use GoSup, I prefer GoServ or GoSyn for every specc.

Compared to the Demo related Legendaries the one for Affli and Destro looks really week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supremacy gives you a spell lock and AoE options.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsupplier View Post
    On the pet AI issue, I don't believe it's been mentioned in the latest thread unless it's buried within someone's long feedback report. If some of the testers would bring it up again in a short post, we might get an answer. Couldn't hurt to ask.
    I dont think the tester would do that my friend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Supremacy gives you a spell lock and AoE options.
    well, goserv does as well and you dont have to loose your fel guard which is personally 1 of the reasons why i would never use supremacy as ive always felt that if you're demo, then fel guard should be your pet of choice or you might as well pick another spec but thats just me. im sure synergy will be our talent of choice in that row anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well, goserv does as well and you dont have to loose your fel guard which is personally 1 of the reasons why i would never use supremacy as ive always felt that if you're demo, then fel guard should be your pet of choice or you might as well pick another spec but thats just me. im sure synergy will be our talent of choice in that row anyway.
    I used to feel that way too, but now that Demo has Empowerment it allows Perma infernal/Doomguard to be more uniquely beneficial to the spec since they are so much more powerful than when used for Aff/Destro. Empowered Infernal feels pretty badass when situations can call for it. I loved its move to the grimoire row, especially for Demo.