Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm just disappointed with the changes.

Right now it seems like they didn't change anything besides our ressources and the Lightning Shield stacks - and to be honest those things have never been the main issue of the Elemental Shaman.

They totally rehashed the Shadow Priest that worked pretty good in WoD but they didn't change anything special about Elemental what was and is maybe the worst ranged spec in the game? Why Blizzard...

Those talents better be AMAZING. The 100s talents were crap.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2015-11-11 at 07:58 AM.

Elemental looks about the same as now, with some polish and stuff like shared cd of Flame/Earth Shock addressed.

Enhancement looks much improved, especially the new Flametongue, but it's hard to say without playing it. It's the biggest overhaul ever for the spec, so that's something.

Nothing about resto seems to have changed, except that we'll get at least one talent that isn't boring. Unless Wellspring ends up being undertuned garbage, anyway.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I really disagree with the direction of the Enhance spec. I just cannot comprehend the entire design. This is the first time in 10 years when i think, i just won't play the game if this goes through
    It is pretty simple so far. But could be fun.

@t people not happy with current changes: what did you guys expect instead? Seems to me at first glance they changed our gameplay somewhat, while solving some old outstanding issues. No?

Deleted
    Enhance sounds meh, again has to borrow a mechanic to elemental while losing something in return. :P

Being 50% caster wasn't the problem. Our cleave still sucks. Maelstrom feels kinda boring now. Much slower phased.

Deleted
    As someone who loves the CD based rotation of Enhancement shamans currently, this worries me, but I will wait and see how the spec looks and feels with all the spells and talents before I judge it.

Have to say i was hoping this would pique my interest a bit more. Was hoping for more mechanical changes. I will hold judgement until talents, because they could change everything, but it's still the same toolkit, and it feels limited compared to other classes. Always loved my Shaman the most fantasy wise, but not gameplay wise. The preview didn't exactly make me much more positive. Saying that, the fact there's now an actual resource that governs more than one of our skills it may make the game play a tad more interesting, but we'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    That and it matters on pve for bosses that likes to move out of totem range.
    That, and I don't lose the elemental if I need to drop a totem from the same element.

Yeah, like I said before, the Elemental and Enhancement changes are very good. Enhancement taking its cues from the Fury spec, yet still retaining its flavor as a Melee powerhouse that uses nature to destroy its foes is nothing but great news.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    There are almost 0 changes for Resto except for wanting to dial down the aoe healing and buff single target healing..of which I am very skeptical of. Holy Paladin mastery is changed to "Mastery: Lightbringer: Proximity to your target causes your spells to heal for up to 30% (with Mastery from typical gear) more." which makes it look like they are going to take our place as king of stacked aoe healing.
    2 Days ago I thought, Paladins don't need this nieche, shamans have it! Well ...

Quote Originally Posted by Demos89 View Post
    Enhance sounds meh, again has to borrow a mechanic to elemental while losing something in return. :P

Being 50% caster wasn't the problem. Our cleave still sucks. Maelstrom feels kinda boring now. Much slower phased.
    "Enhancement has a new frontal-cone AoE spell called Crash Lightning, which also causes Stormstrike and Lava Lash to trigger AoEs."

Enhancement looks like it could be fun. No more pressing 15 buttons and having each ability hit like a noodle. Bye Unleashed Elements and Searing Totem.

Excited to see talents and artifact perks.

Hopefully Blizzard doesn't listen too much to forums and Reddit, these kind of people can't see the playstyle of the spec filling out with an engaging talent system and instead complain about a class overview.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

For everyone worrying about enhancement slowing down let me just say one thing,

Rockbiter doesn't haven't a cool down, neither does lava lash. With Maelstrom Weapon passive that also links with wind fury we're going to generate so much Maelstrom were going to be lava lash dumping all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    Enhancement looks like it could be fun. No more pressing 15 buttons and having each ability hit like a noodle. Bye Unleashed Elements and Searing Totem.

Excited to see talents and artifact perks.

Hopefully Blizzard doesn't listen too much to forums and Reddit, these kind of people can't see the playstyle of the spec filling out with an engaging talent system and instead complain about a class overview.
    The official forums are a mess. Some of the arguments opposing the change are just plain stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post

Rockbiter doesn't haven't a cool down, neither does lava lash. With Maelstrom Weapon passive that also links with wind fury we're going to generate so much Maelstrom were going to be lava lash dumping all day.
    Not only that, but there could also be other maelstrom generators we're not aware of.

Also, Crash Lightning should bring a smile to the face of every Enh shaman.

Having played a Shaman since The Burning Crusade, Restoration and Elemental, I must say these changes are pretty good. It's obviously way too late, but it's a start. Totems finally don't feel like dead weight that you just have to drag around if you want to stay competitive. That being said, I rerolled away from the Shaman class between Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel. I really just got sick of Blizzard for never fixing totems and some other pressing matters. This really isn't enough to get me back to the Shaman class.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post

For some people, the speed of the class is more than just how many globals they fill. When I play Combat and Adrenaline Rush is up, I fill every 1s global, but it still feels slow because it's 4x Sinister Strike followed by 1x Eviscerate, repeat. Yes, we can spam Rockbiter every 1 second, but that doesn't make the class "fast paced." To me fast paced is my hand flying around my hotkeys.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Maelstrom Totem sounds very "meh" compared to Sundering, it sounds like Searing Totem with an actual purpose.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Don't see anything that improves PvP wise. If Flame Shock is dispellable, they haven't really fixed anything even tho you can spam it 'cause it will only last 10 secs. We still will have a hard time casting so melee will eat us alive as usual. No mention of Frosh Shock yet so can't comment on that. No mention of our only gap opener, which has become meaningless seeing how everyone 10 gap closers. Only good thing is Lava Burst not always critting now (although it's damage is still linked to Flame Shock...), maybe Ascendance will be a decent CD.

Meh, just need to wait and see what it will be like in beta, I still have some hope left.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Deleted
    This is so bad, I can't even... Sorry for every elemental who didn't reroll yet.

Deleted
    I guess healing spells in dps specs will cost maelstrom ?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    This is so bad, I can't even... Sorry for every elemental who didn't reroll yet.
    Don't fool around I am still hoping.