Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    You can't prevent all nukes from going off n some are very mobile, hell some are on train tracks and some in thens. There is a chance? There is NO CHANCE for M.A.D not happening.
    not all just enough for the shield to pick off what few russia can actually get off which is just that a few

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sephaphath View Post
    not all just enough for the shield to pick off what few russia can actually get off which is just that a few
    Russia has thousands of nukes, a few only get up in the air? This is 'muricans overdosing on their own bullshit supply.

Deleted
    Russia has thousands of nukes, a few only get up in the air? This is 'muricans overdosing on their own bullshit supply.
    the rest are destroyed before they can be fueled this is not a difficult concept. liquid fueling takes time you know

Deleted
    "remove user from ignore list" hmmm...he'll probably write some nonsense, so I think not.

In other news, Russia last few years have had huge n lots n lots of military exercises lately, catch them all off-guard, sure sure in the movies.

Deleted
    "remove user from ignore list" hmmm...he'll probably write some nonsense, so I think not.

In other news, Russia last few years have had huge n lots n lots of military exercises lately, catch them all off-guard, sure sure in the movies.
    you know the american missiles are solid fueled and can be launched with little warning right? you know that this low amount of time it takes for a missile to get to target is not enough time to fuel then launch right? this is simple mathematics

Deleted
    You know that a nuclear war without any lead up in escalation is completely insane and the only situation where what you are proposing would be even remotely likely?

You really think that in a situation where Russo-American relations are so negative that a nuclear first strike on the US's part is considered a "good choice" that Russia is sitting around waiting around with its rockets empty of fuel, its subs in dock and its bombers not on standby.

Even the US has DEFCON for crying out loud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia has ~305 land based ICBMs with ~1165 warheads. Of that, ~1/2 are silo based sitting ducks. The SLBMs can often be disregarded as they are not at sea constantly, and the bombers are even less likely to survive than the silos. A first strike by the US actually does have the theoretic possibility of reducing the Russian retaliation to under the MAD threshold.

Whats the point of all this shit anyway? I get the point of doing things so if the day comes you might be able to defend yourself but....I saw something somewhere that said China's president has said they aren't launching a nuke at anyone unless they get nuked (plus, they aren't going to be nuking their biggest trading partner, they recently overtook Canada I believe), the US isn't going to launch a nuke unless they get nuked (or an ally) meanwhile for the last 6 months russia has been running off at the mouth threatening to nuke various countries (and doing nothing)...they are like half a step above north korea at this point

The first place I'd start is attempting to get your shitty oil based economy out of the actual shitter
    Last edited by tylenol; 2015-11-20 at 06:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole situation seems ridiculous to me. Everyone knows that, should a nuclear war strike, there won't be a winner. And yet they keep bickering like kids:
    - We have a weapon that can destroy you.
    - We have a shield that will protect us from your weapon.
    - Well, now we have a weapon that can pierce your shield. Ha-ha, you lose.
    - We have improved our shields and negated your weapon. GG.
    - Just wait a bit more, we are working on an even better weapon, that will pierce through even these shields.
    - Whatever, when you have made this weapon, we will improve our shield to make it obsolete.
    I think Russia should work on the weapons that can actually be used in a real conventional combat, rather than improving stupid "we can kill you all jaja" WMD, while the US should focus on trying to change the militaristic government in Russia politically, rather than developing shields that won't save us from total mutual destruction in case of nuclear war anyway.

But then, most wars, both military and political, are stupid, so it is no surprise that we are observing this crazy crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Actually, Russia currently does not have the needed early warning sats operational. There is a chance that the US could reduce Russia's counter strike to below MAD levels, the same is not true for Russia against the US.
    Obviously the is no way of knowing that as it's not like Russia would put it on their Facebook page, it sounds very unlikely however.

But even if it's true, early warning isn't really needed for MAD anymore anyway, before the 80's MAD was a case of "if you kill them they will be able to kill you in response". Further research into nuclear weapons and their effects in the 80's changed this to be a case of "if you kill them it will take so much firepower to avoid them killing you in response that you will kill yourself too". This is because the resulting nuclear winter would be a near extinction level event, most of the worlds population would die within a year and those that survived would be set back centuries.

Russians and their internet tricks.

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...s-intentional/

U.S. intelligence agencies concluded that Russia’s recent disclosure of a nuclear-armed underwater drone submarine was a deliberate leak, according to analysis of Russian video news reports and official Moscow statements.

The Russian government-aligned NTV television station revealed a secret document during a Nov. 10 broadcast of remarks by President Vladimir Putin criticizing U.S. missile defenses.

The document shown during the broadcast revealed images of the drone submarine, including its nuclear warhead and nuclear power plant and two larger submarines used to transport it.

U.S. officials who analyzed the video said the timing of the Russian leader’s comments about missile defenses and the disclosure of the drone submarine strongly suggests that the leak was intentional.

Officials said that based on official statements from Moscow, the leaking of the nuclear drone submarine appeared to be part of nuclear saber-rattling and Russian information operations designed to dissuade the United States from deploying missile defenses in Europe that Russia opposes.

A CIA spokesman declined to comment.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously the is no way of knowing that as it's not like Russia would put it on their Facebook page, it sounds very unlikely however.

But even if it's true, early warning isn't really needed for MAD anymore anyway, before the 80's MAD was a case of "if you kill them they will be able to kill you in response". Further research into nuclear weapons and their effects in the 80's changed this to be a case of "if you kill them it will take so much firepower to avoid them killing you in response that you will kill yourself too". This is because the resulting nuclear winter would be a near extinction level event, most of the worlds population would die within a year and those that survived would be set back centuries.
    Actually it is very easy to tell if a sat is operational based on its orbit, orientation, and communications.