Legion Spec Rotation

When trying to relearn how to play a spec (in this case all 3 specs), the first thing I do is try and conceptualize the rotation in my head, gather input, and the finally try it out for myself/run sims/etc. So first things first, Here's my idea on the rotation (without the application of cooldowns) of each spec, constructive criticism welcome.

Marksmen:

Spec seems highly based around Seek Vulnerabilities (Hunter's Mark debuff, chance on application by Arcane/Multi Shot) to maximize DPS. Looks like Arcane Shot will be our new instant-cast filler, generating 5 focus. A new ability Marked Shot which cost 30 focus, usable while moving, and has a stacking debuff that increases damage done to the target by 25%. In addition we retained Aimed shot which is just a basic stationary, 1.5 second cast, 50 focus dump. Lock and Load is a new passive that causes our next 2 aimed shots to be free with no focus.

Rotation seems somewhat simple: LnL AiS > MS (to maintain 3 stack AS debuff) > AiS (ideally with HS applied) > AS.

Beast Mastery:

Spec seems based around focus generation of Dire Beast (new focus generator, 10 second cooldown, 8 second duration, 4 focus generated every x seconds). Crit's have a 30% chance of reducing the cooldown of Dire Beast, allowing for more focus regen. Kill command has essentially stayed the same, but is now 20 focus. Cobra shot is a new instant cast, 30 focus dump.

Rotation is really really complex (jokes): Kill Command > Cobra Shot > Dire Beast.

Survival:

Complete overhaul. No direct focus regeneration. Raptor Strike is our basic 20 focus dump. Flanking Strike (6 sec, 20 focus) is our cooldown-base focus domp. Laceration, 25 focus and 10 sec cooldown, is a basic 12 second bleed that does "good damage!". And finally, what I would imagine to be our bread-and-butter, Mongoose Bite. It's an instant cast that accumulates 3 charges, each with a 10 second recharge. It does 50% more damage, stacking up to 6 times, for each consecutive Mongoose Bite applied. Pet attacks have a 20% chance (based on mastery) to grant a charge of Mongoose Bite.

This rotation actually seems a bit of fun: Mongoose Bite Proc (if debuff is applied) > Moongoose Bite (pool 3 stacks before use) > Laceration (keep applied) > Flanking Strike > Raptor Strike.

-----

Overall, the new changes seem interesting to say the least. I do see however hunters will no longer be good at quick target switching and burst damage with abilities like Seek Vulnerabilities and the whole Mongoose Bite pooling.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Thoughts?
    I've posted on this subject enough times, but if you want thoughts I'll just say: Yeah, we suck in Legion compared to now. Less mobility, less flexibility, less fluidity. Bad on target switches, bad on the quality of life department. 6 second debuffs on targets that synergise with some 10 second buffs on the Hunter is a recipy for disaster, because targets keep dying and because everything is based on rng in the end. Finally, nothing in the 'rotations' that you posted is even remotely 'interesting'. It'll take everyone on this forum one day in the beta to learn them (to make a one button macro/script in beast mastery's case), and then the 'interesting' part is over and all that is left is 'Hmm, we suck in Legion'.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2015-11-11 at 02:52 AM.

My thought is...

We need to see it in action and in combination with talents which grants a new ability. When beta testing starts we'll see how the specs pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    I've posted on this subject enough times, but if you want thoughts I'll just say: Yeah, we suck in Legion compared to now. Less mobility, less flexibility, less fluidity. Bad on target switches, bad on the quality of life department. 6 second debuffs on targets that synergise with some 10 second buffs on the Hunter is a recipy for disaster, because targets keep dying and because everything is based on rng in the end. Finally, nothing in the 'rotations' that you posted is even remotely 'interesting'. It'll take everyone on this forum one day in the beta to learn them (to make a one button macro/script in beast mastery's case), and then the 'interesting' part is over and all that is left is 'Hmm, we suck in Legion'.
    Ball of sunshine you are..
    Last edited by Aimbot1; 2015-11-11 at 03:14 AM.

How can you run a sim on a rotation when we know nothing about talents? Bit early for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Yeah, way too early for this, but for the sake of accuracy, Bestial Wrath needs to be in the BM rotation. According to blue tweets, BW will remain "largely the same." So at least for now, we'll have to presume it's the same.

BW has a 60s CD, but DB will reduce that CD by 15s every time it's used. It lasts 10s, and most importantly for rotational purposes, our focus cost for abilities is reduced by 50% (e.g., Cobra will cost 15 focus for the 10s while BW is up).

Also, the bit about crit is incorrect. Crit has a 30% chance of resetting the cooldown of Dire Beast, not reducing.

That means that our rotational goal, outside of KC off CD, is DB off CD so we can have BW up as much as possible because of the buffs it gives us and our pets. In fact, as it currently stands, I'd say that DB will likely take immediate priority over KC if crit pops it as KC comes off CD.

So IMO, the rotation should be:

BW off CD
    KC off CD
    DB off CD, priority over all if BW is on CD
    Focus-costing abilities during BW
    Cobra Shot to dump focus or during BW (if nothing else)

I will add to the WAY to early for this camp. We dont even know all the abilities that come from the "tree" or the ones from the artifact or how everthing interacts with each other or even what will make it to release. Give it 3 months into beta or so then try to make a "rotation"

I hope I get beta access to try some of these changes out before the expansion hits this time. It looks like a bit of an overhaul to hunters. Huntard has been my main since BC but that might change. Especially if they make sv much more powerful than the other two spec. Please don't blizz. For the love of huntards! lol

Deleted
    My main concern is that Marked Shot will make target switching a lot slower and more RNG due to the fact that HM has a "chance" to be applied. The ability to do fast switches is a big part of what makes MM really fun for me. I'd prefer it if MM buildup/maintenance was in the form of a buff on the player. Hopefully this will be a talent option or something.

I also don't want to have a 1s GCD filler because I like not having arthritis. My fingers still ache thinking about the Heroic Strike spam of WotLK Fury. If it stays instant I'll just bind it to the scroll wheel or something.

We havent even seen a beta build, this post is silly.

How can you make a rotation when we've only gotten a sample of a few abilities? I mean that's like seeing the trailer of a movie and telling everyone you know the plot.

I suppose some people need or want to start to putting some kind of framework together with what little info we have, thinking they'll be able to easily fit the other abilities into that later. I'm not sure why since any number of additional abilities could COMPLETELY change the envisioned rotation, but there ya go.

*shrugs*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    Yeah, we suck in Legion compared to now. Less mobility, less flexibility, less fluidity. Bad on target switches, bad on the quality of life department. 6 second debuffs on targets that synergise with some 10 second buffs on the Hunter is a recipy for disaster, because targets keep dying and because everything is based on rng in the end..
    What...?

How did we lose mobility and not gain it? <1,5 AiS is a joke compared to managing 90%+ uptime on Sniper Training. Other classes get that as a filler-spell.... HUNTER had a cast like that as a filler. We'll spend half our ressources whenever we use it and need to build it up again afterwards, maybe a bit less depending on whether we get TotH and Focus on Crit in addition to having the luxury to simply "not cast it yet" as long as you don't cap out on Focus.

We don't even know whether we get to keep careful aim or not, same for Kill Shot. Chances are, we still have them or get something similiar. So just because we don't get a fully buffed AiS off on fast dying adds doesn't mean we are out of tools to handle them. The fact alone that we are range gives us an advantage.

Even if you are a bad player and have problems casting AiS (lol), there are most likely substitute spells you can cast on the move. Black arrow and Barrage come to mind.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-11-12 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    No use at all discussing any of this since we don't even know half of what we need to know.