wow. Seriously people no need to be insulting or whatever...

We're not in the hunter forums !

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Calling Legacy snapshotting is pretty far-fetched imo.

Snapshotting usually means extending a short term buff way past it's intended duration. E.g. Apply DoT at beginning of a buff, and at the end of a buff for extendes benefits.

The only really common point between Snapshotting and Legacy is that you can overwrite it with a weaker version - but the only case that ever could happen if you use SW:P while movement.
    It's snapshotting in the sense that you can apply a 2 stacks Legacy of the Void Shadow Word: Pain and keep it up almost indefinitely on a single target, and for an extended period of time on additional targets. It's as close to old snapshotting as it gets.

The Void: Shadowpriest pvp Legion preview part 3

<inactive>

7+ Year Old Account
    Wanted to drop this just because. Seems like he still doesn't have his pvp talents unlocked which is a shame.

Pros from this clip (not the entirety of the spec)

- Getting into VF is almost like having a climax.
    - Can spam heals and stay alive.

Cons from this clip (not the entirety of the spec)

- Takes forever to get into VF.
    - Most of the fight is healing to stay alive.
    - Very dull gameplay as its standing in one place, healing, dotting looking for that window to generate Insanity to 100.

Again, he doesn't have most of his pvp talents (at least it seems so) but this is how we will play for the most part at the beginning of the xpansion and every time we prestige/reset honor.

I hope Theed can put in some duels and bg's and some arena since Shadow Priest is the least uploaded spec on the internet. (Any where about anything for that matter lol)

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which, Theed just uploaded his vid huys. I'll wait till he links it.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Theed.

Comparing WoD's shadowpriest with Legion's so far what would you say are the Pros and Cons and do you think, overall, they are heading in a good direction?

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which, Theed just uploaded his vid huys. I'll wait till he links it.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Theed.

Comparing WoD's shadowpriest with Legion's so far what would you say are the Pros and Cons and do you think, overall, they are heading in a good direction?
    Yes, absolutly a good direction.

Pros:
    - Gameplay, insanity management & rotation feel very fun
    - Decent Utility with Void Shift or Psyfiend (50% MS is very good), Good CC and offhealing
    - Capable of doing Single target and aoe pressure if needed

Cons:
    - Removal of Leap of Faith (gripping a hunter trap etc. Why would they remove skill abilities like LoF?)
    - Insanity cost on utility spells (will be adressed)
    - Mobility (will be adressed)
    - Little/No choice in talents. Some are 1000 times better or mandatory and some are just bad:
    Mandatory / no choice: Shadow Word: Void, Driven to Madness, Void Shield, Reaper of Souls, Body & Soul
    Bad or unusable in pvp: Mania, Void Ray, Dominant Mind, Void Origins, Last Word, Pure Shadow
    <inactive>

Based on the vid @RsinRC linked, any nerf on Shadowmend can lower our survivability by a lot, since the shadow had to cast a shit ton of shadowmend just to stay alive.

It is a boring playstyle i'll give you that. Just put two dots then try to find a oportunity to cast a mindblaste while spamming heals to stay alive =/

Once again nice vid @Theed always a pleasure to see you playing =) And about Driven to Madness, it is still necessary to take Shadow Word:Void? Isn't driven to madness enough to get VF fast? Did you tried Mind Bomb? How good could be the 4 sec aoe stun to get off pressure? Were you running San'layn or AS on the vid?

Mind Trauma is beautiful <3
    Last edited by Chantique; 2016-03-25 at 04:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice vid btw, Theed.
    My worries are still persistant in the game.
    Question, does the pvp talent only unlock at 110? If so, do you think the leveling experience pvp'ing will attract or discourage players from going Shadow ?

Theed so you know, you're fine in regards to forum rules for posting your vids. You're not advertising and just sharing them with us so it's fine.

Hey shadow priests! I'm new here but I wanted to give my thanks to Theed for doing such a good job on posting these videos for us shadow priests to enjoy. I hope blizz takes notice of your videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    Based on the vid @RsinRC linked, any nerf on Shadowmend can lower our survivability by a lot, since the shadow had to cast a shit ton of shadowmend just to stay alive.

It is a boring playstyle i'll give you that. Just put two dots then try to find a oportunity to cast a mindblaste while spamming heals to stay alive =/

Once again nice vid @Theed always a pleasure to see you playing =) And about Driven to Madness, it is still necessary to take Shadow Word:Void? Isn't driven to madness enough to get VF fast? Did you tried Mind Bomb? How good could be the 4 sec aoe stun to get off pressure? Were you running San'layn or AS on the vid?

Mind Trauma is beautiful <3
    Thanks! SW:V is very important whenever you need on demant insanity. Driven to Madness provides constant insanity but not on demand. I consider Mind Bomb a very bad talent as it a) has a cast time b) replaces Psychic Scream and c) shares DR with Psychic Horror (stun). I haven't used it much. I ran AS most of the time but San'layn is very good too.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Nice vid btw, Theed.
    My worries are still persistant in the game.
    Question, does the pvp talent only unlock at 110? If so, do you think the leveling experience pvp'ing will attract or discourage players from going Shadow ?
    Thanks. As far as i know PvP talents are only available at 110. But i don't think it will discourage players from going shadow. Yes it is very painful without pvp talents but it only takes 2-3 hours to reach the important talents.

Quote Originally Posted by caturday View Post
    Hey shadow priests! I'm new here but I wanted to give my thanks to Theed for doing such a good job on posting these videos for us shadow priests to enjoy. I hope blizz takes notice of your videos!
    Thank you for your feedback
    <inactive>

Deleted
    Anyone know how the Shaman ankh totem works in Legion? There could be some synergy there at raids.

a) Spriest goes Surrender to Madness, does great dps.
    b) Dies. Retripaladin nearby gets mass dps bonus because a friend died.
    c) Spriest gets ressed by ankh totem. Doesn't count to the combat ress max?

Could be a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    The Void: Shadowpriest pvp Legion preview part 3
    I got a question. Is psyfiend on the gcd? Watched the vid and it looks like you bubbled it faster than your gcd.
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    I got a question. Is psyfiend on the gcd? Watched the vid and it looks like you bubbled it faster than your gcd.
    Yes it is. But with Voidform you can get a decent amount of haste and reduce the gcd.
    <inactive>

Also, Voidform (and Lingering Insanity) reduce your GCD by 33% on top of what your haste does.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still hoping we get Oblivion back. And from reading the last pages, I think it would fit nicely instead of the Mind Spike talent.

LoTV for the add fights worth dotting, Oblivion for the 'must-die-quick' prio adds, STM for the singletarget fights.
    (I don't have alpha access, so I hope my assumptions of LoTV and STM are correct )

Well I don't want oblivion itself back, but an actual CD? Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Well I don't want oblivion itself back, but an actual CD? Yes
    Yeah oblivion is just a worse shadow word void. An actual damage cooldown outside of surrender to Madness would be nice. With that said I doubt we get one...and I'm ok as long as void form feels awesome damage wise to be in and not just needed to maintain ok damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Also, Voidform (and Lingering Insanity) reduce your GCD by 33% on top of what your haste does.
    I think that this is so huge for shadow. The spec feels great with the 0.33 sec reduction.

New bajheera 2v2 video with shadow priest.

1- Fury + Shadow looks fun. I think we will see a few new comps for arenas 2v2.
    2- Fire Mage have a nasty burst
    3- Arcane blast have a new animation.

Update: Shadow vs Affliction duels!

Last edited by Chantique; 2016-03-27 at 05:18 PM.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but how has Shadowform changed? Is it still there? Do we still get a glyph to make it brighter? Is it still as dark without the glyph? Is it a spell or is it passive?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I really dislike removing Oblivion in favor of Shadow Crash. Does anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukov View Post
    Sorry if this has been brought up before, but how has Shadowform changed? Is it still there? Do we still get a glyph to make it brighter? Is it still as dark without the glyph? Is it a spell or is it passive?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I really dislike removing Oblivion in favor of Shadow Crash. Does anyone agree?
    Oblivion wasn't a DPS cooldown. I also wouldn't say it was removed in favor Shadow Crash (someone else can get into its usefulness). Oblivion made getting into voidform faster, but so does shadow word: void (Celestalon mentioned moving it back to 30 insanity per charge) and it's on a tier that makes much more sense (i.e. the first one). Getting into voidform doesn't automatically make you do a bunch of damage outside of the 30% increase. The haste stacks takes awhile to kick in which is when voidform really shines.