Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I can see it used vs wizard cleaves in 3s and RBGs/BGs, but overall it won't be used very often. It's like the surrender to madness of pvp cc lol.
    AND YET

The devs think it's part of our "astronomical" utility.

Grrr

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    AND YET

Grrr
    Well it is certainly relative. We do have a ton of utility compared to most every class, but it doesn't mean we have a lot. It's like someone who has $10 is wealthy compared to someone who has $0....it doesn't mean the guy with $10 is a millionaire. The prune every other spec is complaining about finally bit shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Is it maybe time to start that PvP/PvE thread divide that was discussed earlier?
    Why? Its not like pve priests are swarming this topic, or pvp priests are. I, for example, like to read how both sides feel, for example, although I am not a diehard pvper, only 1800 in rbg/2s.

Also, its not like we have a lot of any discussion anyways. Only when new alpha build rises...

I also wonder if artifact traits would be fixed. I dislike being pigeonholed into pvp/survival talents not in one, but in two trait lines, when all I care about is pure dps at the start of the expansion. I know its not first world problems and it won't matter in 3 months of an expansion, but it certainly would in the first month.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-03-31 at 07:16 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    AND YET

Grrr
    They consider "Shackle Undead" utility >-> Maybe if it affected more than undead it would be useful..

I still disagree with separating them. When legion drops I had planned on created a Priest PvP sticky for all the specs. There hasn't been enough discussion this expansion to warrant a thread for each spec. It's also good to talk about both sides as spell changes will effect PvE and PvP.

I'm interested in what the psychic horror artifact trait will become (*crosses fingers for 10% dr*)

Mindspike damage increased by 1% kappa.

psychic horror artifact trait changed to... mind control is permanent.

(would be kinda op but yolo)

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    psychic horror artifact trait changed to... mind control is permanent.

(would be kinda op but yolo)
    Until a boss gets reset by the add you controlled and took into the boss room.

You know I just realized something. It would be way over the top, but what if this last build was the april fools joke for the year.

Random idea for discussion......what ideas would you guys have for a build-a-legendary? I would go with:

1) Mind flay now applies itself to all targets within 10 yards of target.

2) Each consecutive void bolt during void form increases the damage of void bolt by 5%. Lasts until you exit void form.

3) Casting shadowmend now teleports you to that target.

4) The damage bonus of void form now increases based on how much insanity you are missing. At 100 insanity you get 20% damage bonus going up to 50% damage bonus at 0 insanity.

5) Void form is now permanent.

6) Upon entering void form, void bolt now hits all targets within 5 yards of target for 10 seconds.

Some of these ideas suck or are brokenly OP, but it's fun to see what we can come up with imo. I feel like legendaries are going to have a huge impact on the end game fun we have.

Your mindsear creates a black hole. Instantly deleting every mage and lock in the area.

Homophobia is so gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Is it maybe time to start that PvP/PvE thread divide that was discussed earlier?
    I think it's important for the community to co-mingle. It's not an isolated topic - 'PvE' talents affect PvP, and PvP perspective is important for PvE'rs to understand. We all share the same Void.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Random idea for discussion......what ideas would you guys have for a build-a-legendary? I would go with:
    I wish they would have a legendary that causes our DD and dots to interact in a meaningful way. they actually had this in the preview with the baked-in DI (or SI, whatever, that version of the talent has never been used seriously).

could also have something with mindsear on a legendary - something like dealing damage with mindsear increases the damage of your next mindblast by X%.

another idea could be that voidbolt causes your target's DoT stack to pestilence to another target.

but, I mean, a lot of the legendaries for most classes are just +damage or +resource or charge-systems which I think are reasonable. having a mechanical requirement tied to a legendary I think is bullshit (the current DoT spread ring). if they had a baked in DoT spread (even if it's a cooldown like shadowcrash) then relatively 'boring' legendaries would be totally fine - especially since you wouldn't feel like you were in a punishment battalion if you didn't have good RNG (or whatever it is that yields these items).

plus the whole issue of not having legendaries at all for progression...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I think it's important for the community to co-mingle. It's not an isolated topic - 'PvE' talents affect PvP, and PvP perspective is important for PvE'rs to understand. We all share the same Void.
    yeah - I mean how else would we know that the devs actually acknowledge that having a dot spread is important and useful without seeing it in as a PvP talent. I know I otherwise would have never even checked the 'PVP Talent Calc' option on wowhead or whatever since I don't do BG/arena outside of using it to gear for first tier PVE.

I actually really like the idea of having a legendary that would allow us to modify the game in some small way. Although it would be broken and probably wouldn't work.. I just think that's a neat idea. Most of the things I'd do would be quality of life stuff.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    I actually really like the idea of having a legendary that would allow us to modify the game in some small way. Although it would be broken and probably wouldn't work.. I just think that's a neat idea. Most of the things I'd do would be quality of life stuff.
    Modify the game how? Like "Yvaelle's Ring of SQL Code Injection" - it has a 1 day cooldown and each use lets us inject 1 character worth of code into the WoW source code - but if enough of us farm it and our coding skills are efficient enough, we can program the game to whatever Shadowpriests want!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Modify the game how? Like "Yvaelle's Ring of SQL Code Injection" - it has a 1 day cooldown and each use lets us inject 1 character worth of code into the WoW source code - but if enough of us farm it and our coding skills are efficient enough, we can program the game to whatever Shadowpriests want!
    If we team up, we can fulfill my personal game of deleting the hunter class.

1. Add +10% to all damage each time developers nerf shadow priest, stacking to eternity. Add 10% DR each time developers steal our utility spell, stacking to eternity.

2. But if serious, aside of a ring which does exactly what I always dreamed of as a shadowpriest - spread dots - I can possibly dream only of a legendary which allows us 100% casting on the move, always, forever and ever. It could be named appropriate, something like "The Grand Envy Of Mages And Warlocks" with flavor text "Now YOU go bench while I will always be at 100% of bossfights during progression. Now YOU suck at low rating while I faceroll to 2500. Go cry on official forums and twitters, cry more, dirty clothies, for I am now the Overlord of World of Warcraft, MUAWHAWHAW!" something like that

3. But if seriously serious, this: "Ring of Love. All developers who played mages and warriors now deleted them and absolutely felt in love with shadow priests."

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Your mindsear creates a black hole. Instantly deleting every mage and lock in the area.
    I like that as well Although, deleting is too much and no fun, instantly reducing their damage by 150% (for next 365 days) would be waaaaay more fun
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-03-31 at 09:19 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Lol well I was thinking something like... okay, you know the new transmog system works, where you collect old items and they get put into a closet.

What I'd like is to collect old "set bonuses". Like all the tier set bonuses, or item bonuses like rings, etc... Then have a legendary that would let me apply an old set bonus to the item.

As an example, a permanent mindbender (t18 2p).

Or 5% extra crit on sw: p (teir... 14 I think).

I think that would be neater than the random legendaries. Instead like have a legendary that works like MoP and Wod, where everbody can earn it, but then you have to go collect the various options and unlock them, by doing old content raids and collecting tier sets.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Lol well I was thinking something like... okay, you know the new transmog system works, where you collect old items and they get put into a closet.

What I'd like is to collect old "set bonuses". Like all the tier set bonuses, or item bonuses like rings, etc... Then have a legendary that would let me apply an old set bonus to the item.

As an example, a permanent mindbender (t18 2p).

Or 5% extra crit on sw: p (teir... 14 I think).

I think that would be neater than the random legendaries. Instead like have a legendary that works like MoP and Wod, where everbody can earn it, but then you have to go collect the various options and unlock them, by doing old content raids and collecting tier sets.
    considering that a lot of legions features are loosely based on or almost complete copies of some diablo 3 features you might actually get your wish at some point

Kanai's Cube
    Breaking down Legendary items for players to equip their special effects as passive traits.

I'm happy to see the amount of feedback of shadowpriests on alpha forums has increased. We have the most replies in this builds thread so far and had one of the biggest threads last alpha build. Much better than the earlier builds.
    <inactive>