No, it's not a legitimate question if you straight up ask if it's gimped. Of course it gimps you, because so much of our kit revolves around Voidform. You can choose to not play with it for some weird reason but it will absolutely gimp you. Anyway, it's 420 so that probably has something to do with the question. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    No, it's not a legitimate question if you straight up ask if it's gimped. Of course it gimps you, because so much of our kit revolves around Voidform. You can choose to not play with it for some weird reason but it will absolutely gimp you. Anyway, it's 420 so that probably has something to do with the question. It's all good.

I know its a PvP talent. I honestly don't PvE much. I only play the game to PvP mostly at a mid-tier level ~2k rating.

Didn't know about the flat 30% damage increase from voidform. Haven't been following legion as much as others. That would have answered my question immediately if I just researched voidform more but doesn't mean it wasn't a legitimate question. Do you know what the word legitimate means?

I don't do 420, but please you seemed to bring it up pretty fast so please be my guest and enjoy it yourself.

Thanks for answering my question and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by staplespencer View Post
    Do you guys think one could play with the Edge of Insanity talent and play a purely dot spec without entering voidform?

I honestly don't like voidform too much and I would rather sit at 100 insanity while doing 20% more damage.

Would this be gimped? 20% damage is a lot but then again so is voidform burst.
    It would be like playing WOD shadowpriest without shadow form and never casting devouring plague. AKA it would suck horrifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    It would be like playing WOD shadowpriest without shadow form and never casting devouring plague. AKA it would suck horrifically.
    Agreed. I wonder why the talent exists. Maybe if they made it 40-50%.

Quote Originally Posted by staplespencer View Post
    Agreed. I wonder why the talent exists. Maybe if they made it 40-50%.
    Yeah i really don't get why it exists either honestly. No one is ever going to take it. The best reason to why it sucks so much is that its competing with driven to madness; driven to madness is going to slaughter it in every pvp format every time. Driven really should be baseline, or that whole tier except driven needs to be revised like we discussed in this thread before.

What does 420 mean oo ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    What does 420 mean oo ?
    just putting it bluntly, weed.

oh xD what a weird name for it

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I just realised it's today's date... Why can't you use 20/4 like everyone Q.Q

Anyway back on topic : I was wondering, if we take StM, wouldn't Mania be better with it ? Since during StM you're basically always near full insanity or dead... it would mean you basically move at 50% a lot of the time which goes well with the cast on movement StM provide. Dunno, just a thought (and also because I don't think you can use the shield during StM without dying at high stacks).

Homophobia is so gay.

oh xD what a weird name for it

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I just realised it's today's date... Why can't you use 20/4 like everyone Q.Q

Anyway back on topic : I was wondering, if we take StM, wouldn't Mania be better with it ? Since during StM you're basically always near full insanity or dead... it would mean you basically move at 50% a lot of the time which goes well with the cast on movement StM provide. Dunno, just a thought (and also because I don't think you can use the shield during StM without dying at high stacks).
    Yeah shield becomes useless at about 50 stacks. Honestly you might have a point here. You have to weigh the needs of movement during StM vs the needs of movement before it. Is 100% move while casting not enough? Does a speed increase actually benefit anything here?

What is this blasphemy, Blizz wants Iron Maiden fans to play something other than Locks and DKs?? If so, i must ask you SPriests first..

"CAN I PLAY WITH MADNEEEEESS??!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yes, I dig this, in wow you see some pretty cool effects with those raven priests in Northend.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50750/raven-heal
    Spell effect on this one looks amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

<3
    /10chars
    Glyph of Shadow Ravens is my all time favorite cosmetic glyphs.

Sometimes I geek really geeky and plan out my "dream MMO" down to specific class rotations, and I've toyed around with the concept of a "Raven Priest" more than a handful of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post

Sometimes I geek really geeky and plan out my "dream MMO" down to specific class rotations, and I've toyed around with the concept of a "Raven Priest" more than a handful of times.
    A bit off-topic, but have thought a Druid of Talon raven/arrakoa glyph instead of moonkin would be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    A bit off-topic, but have thought a Druid of Talon raven/arrakoa glyph instead of moonkin would be really cool.
    I would instantly roll boomkin if they got the arrakoa model.

Just like I would love male troll...if they stood straight up and had waists bigger than their wrist.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-04-20 at 10:08 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post

Hehe awesome, spells like Ravenbolt and Raven heal same with Arrakoa shadow priests all have very cool raven looking spells which are all glorious to use as glyphs!

Raven heal.
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/134253.jpg
    It summons bunch of the ravens as effect, couldn't find a better picture. look cool tho

Edit: Just went there to make a better screenshot.

Raven heal,

Raven Vlock,
    Last edited by Alanar; 2016-04-20 at 11:06 PM.

What are the thoughts on the PvP trinket options?

I can actually see use for all 3 in different circumstances, particularly if you're a human against teams with stuns. Even relentless is good for us due to our survivability being tied to our offense through self-healing.

The auto trinket with 1min CD would be amazing against comps that work around burst windows with a similar cooldown, where the medallion wouldn't be ready in time...

Quote Originally Posted by Nycros View Post
    What are the thoughts on the PvP trinket options?

I can actually see use for all 3 in different circumstances, particularly if you're a human against teams with stuns. Even relentless is good for us due to our survivability being tied to our offense through self-healing.

The auto trinket with 1min CD would be amazing against comps that work around burst windows with a similar cooldown, where the medallion wouldn't be ready in time...
    The standard trinket is the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    The standard trinket is the only option.
    I understand the control offered by the medallion is superior in most cases, but is there no argument for the other options?

Assuming you trinket a 6 second stun, Relentless pulls ahead of medallion (in terms of time spent in CC) when you are CCd for >24 seconds over the course of trinket 2min cooldown.

Sure, you don't get to choose when to break out of CC, but that's where the human/undead racials become very valuable (depending on enemy comp).

Auto trinket I'm not a huge fan of, but if you know your enemy will be stunning/fearing/sheeping you for 5+ secs every minute it clearly beats out medallion. Sadly this kind of predictable behavior doesn't exist at higher level PvP, which is why I dislike it.

I just don't want to fall into the trap of "I've had trinket for years, if I choose something else I'm gimping myself" without giving thought to the other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Nycros View Post
    I understand the control offered by the medallion is superior in most cases, but is there no argument for the other options?
    There is no argument at all. You want to auto trinket SAP? That's the problem. There is absolutely no discussion for shadow. The timing on trinket is the only thing that keeps me alive most 2s matches.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, I queued some 2s with a frost mage who basically lives on the alpha (played almost every class with like 1 day+ played time on alpha). I was surprised at how good it was. He provided some seriously good peels with sheep while I ramped up void form then we destroyed someone. A mage timing sheep to land as a rogue hits the ground with DFA is devastating to the rogue. You can then fear his trinket and watch him sit the whole thing.

Right now if you don't sit on the shadow priest, you instantly lose. We do absolutely INSANE damage to every target at once. I was dueling a resto druid and told him to PVE heal.....We can almost solo a healer through psyfiend without even using CC and cleaning their buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also hilarious running against unholy DK/demo lock.....SWP on like 15 targets spamming mind blast like it had no CD.

the auto trinket doesn't trigger on sap afaik. At least not when I tested it.

Homophobia is so gay.

the auto trinket doesn't trigger on sap afaik. At least not when I tested it.
    Ahh, well regardless the removal of choice is devastating is more the point. You absolutely cannot lose that choice. Having the opponent know what trinket you have can be game breaking if you have the one minute version.