Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Calming Waters (New) After being interrupted while casting a spell, you become immune to being interrupted while casting for 20 sec. Restoration Shaman - Tier 3 PvP Talent.

Casting Circle (New) Summons a Casting Circle for 20 sec. While within the casting circle, you are immune to silences and interrupts. Limit 1. Warlock - Tier 3 PvP Talent. 5% of Base Mana. 0.5 sec cast. 15 sec cooldown.
    So ideally this plague of stupid talents would stop and we'd get something actually well-designed, but as long as it's spreading I think we should get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    So ideally this plague of stupid talents would stop and we'd get something actually well-designed, but as long as it's spreading I think we should get one.
    Meh, looks like they are trying to fix broken with broken.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Meh, looks like they are trying to fix broken with broken.
    What actually should happen is they make the fucking melee kitable again. You can't stop the mobility arms war by disarming only one side.

I've argued melee mobility vs caster kitability so many times. The first fucking thing any melee will say when you go "a caster is at a severely unfair disadvantage with a melee on them," is they'll say "melee is at an unfair disadvantage when they cant hit you duh" but not a single one of them has the perspective to understand that it's heavily melee-skewed right now, or in other words melee mobility tools far outperform caster kiting tools, especially the less advantaged casters like elemental and shadow.

If interrupt immunity is the balancing mechanic they give to the "tanky" caster specs, then so be it. I'll take one interrupt immunity, please. Just don't fucking neglect shadow again.

What actually should happen is they make the fucking melee kitable again. You can't stop the mobility arms war by disarming only one side.

I've argued melee mobility vs caster kitability so many times. The first fucking thing any melee will say when you go "a caster is at a severely unfair disadvantage with a melee on them," is they'll say "melee is at an unfair disadvantage when they cant hit you duh" but not a single one of them has the perspective to understand that it's heavily melee-skewed right now, or in other words melee mobility tools far outperform caster kiting tools, especially the less advantaged casters like elemental and shadow.

If interrupt immunity is the balancing mechanic they give to the "tanky" caster specs, then so be it. I'll take one interrupt immunity, please. Just don't fucking neglect shadow again.
    I'd love to see disarms back, they were absolutely needed, and that is a way better method of dealing with melees than giving one side a billion snare/blinkalike abilities while giving another side a billion gap closers.

I'd love to see disarms back, they were absolutely needed, and that is a way better method of dealing with melees than giving one side a billion snare/blinkalike abilities while giving another side a billion gap closers.
    Even years later, I still don't know why they removed them. The whiny part of me wants to cry melee favoritism but I wouldn't reject a more rational explanation.

Bring back Psychic Horror as just a pure 6 second disarm. No stun aspect, that's when we get into trouble from self-CC chains with silence on healers/casters, that shit is too easy for how powerful it is and how often you can do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Oh my god haha. I wish we could test that out on alpha....I guess I'll have to try it out on live to see if spells hit those cows for a ton or not.
    I haven't really used it in quite while but i am sure you don't do the massive damage to it. I don't know the mechanics of the legacy buff thing so i don't know if it is a zone specific thing, i will test it tonight in a vanilla zone as it just does normal damage inside wod zones like hfc/garisson.

My thinking was though that it's a level 1 cow it spawns vs you being level 110.

Looks as if upcoming SOI change from all damage to certain spells.

"It's bugged in the current build. Next build, it will trigger from Void Bolt, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, and Mind Spike, only. The tooltip will be updated to specify those spells. "

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4316?page=4#73

The weapon talked to me again... telling me what I was doing was not really fun :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Now if the weapon could tell me which mob to kill to get the legendary ring, that'd be nice.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Also got clarrification void ray will probably work with mind spike.
    not sure yet exactly how it will interact, but we'll likely make them interact somehow. My best guess offhand is that only the initial damage of Mind Spike will grant stacks, but both initial and detonation will benefit from the stacks. Haven't implemented or tuned it yet, so take that with a big grain of salt.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4316?page=5#86

This reply was made when he was not at work and answering off the top of his head while unable to confirm from data in office so don't get too hung up on the words likely, not sure and best guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The weapon talked to me again... telling me what I was doing was not really fun :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Now if the weapon could tell me which mob to kill to get the legendary ring, that'd be nice.
    I am really hoping it is quite mischievous at times with its comments and has some rather great dialog when you are in old god related zones / raids.

Even years later, I still don't know why they removed them. The whiny part of me wants to cry melee favoritism but I wouldn't reject a more rational explanation.
    But what if there is no rational explanation and devs clearly are favouring melees?

But what if there is no rational explanation and devs clearly are favouring melees?
    I really doubt it. I do strongly disagree with it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this is OP as fuck:

Essence Drain (New) Whenever you heal yourself with Drain Life, the enemy target deals 10% reduced damage to you for 6 sec. Stacks up to 5 times. Warlock - Tier 3 PvP Talent.
    It would be extremely strong even at 4% per stack/20% max. At 2.5 times that, it's just mind-blowing how no one stopped and said hey wait a minute, warlocks will be gods with this

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega
    Now where IS it?!
    Yeah, Shadow Priests are in dire need of thematic visuals. Everything is 'void energy', where are the old gods? :\

Also, I think they should rework Dominating Mind to make it work as the normal Mind Control on players instead of disabling it entirely. I don't think it's fair that if I choose it, in world PvP not only I would lose a talent but I would also lose a baseline spell. Its uses are very limited, but still.

If making it work that way is too difficult from a technical standbpoint, just make Dominating Mind a new spell, 'Enslave' or something, that only works on mobs - and it doesn't replace Mind Control.

...Sure, I'd prefer a player-enabled Dominating Mind though.

Calming Waters (New) After being interrupted while casting a spell, you become immune to being interrupted while casting for 20 sec. Restoration Shaman - Tier 3 PvP Talent.

Casting Circle (New) Summons a Casting Circle for 20 sec. While within the casting circle, you are immune to silences and interrupts. Limit 1. Warlock - Tier 3 PvP Talent. 5% of Base Mana. 0.5 sec cast. 15 sec cooldown.
    Yeah at this point I don't know if I'll seriously arena. The kick interrupt situation is a damned mess. I made a post on the pvp feedback forum saying the mage one was stupid shit last patch, then they added 3 more. I might just stick with bgs and focus on pve.

- - - Updated - - -

I really doubt it. I do strongly disagree with it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this is OP as fuck:

Essence Drain (New) Whenever you heal yourself with Drain Life, the enemy target deals 10% reduced damage to you for 6 sec. Stacks up to 5 times. Warlock - Tier 3 PvP Talent.
    It would be extremely strong even at 4% per stack/20% max. At 2.5 times that, it's just mind-blowing how no one stopped and said hey wait a minute, warlocks will be gods with this
    Warlocks are now super tanks with that talent. You can't really kill them.

Also imprison got changed..... It lost its damage but gained only a 10 second cd. Instant cyclone on a low cd lol.

Arena is so full of broken fking abilities this patch.

I wonder if they'll do (or have already done) something to avoid pve abuses of PvP talents. Wouldn't be unfairly strong to duel someone just to activate pvp talents before doing a hard elite / world boss or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    I wonder if they'll do (or have already done) something to avoid pve abuses of PvP talents. Wouldn't be unfairly strong to duel someone just to activate pvp talents before doing a hard elite / world boss or something?
    Well its already unfair that pvp players have double the toys to play with, so why would anyone care?

Quote Originally Posted by l33t
    Well its already unfair that pvp players have double the toys to play with, so why would anyone care?
    Because using PvP tools in PvE basically defeats the concept of PvP only talents and would make me wonder why are they not baseline or "non-raid only". I don't like the idea of PvP talents and I would have preferred more tools everywhere, but I hope that having someone to duel will be not the best way to do open world PvE. It would be a hassle and stupid IMHO.

@Annesh

I think I know why they did that with kicks........... The one thing this nerfs most is kickbots. Super short interrupts on some specs, only 1 kick per 20 seconds on others.... This is aimed directly at kick bots.

Honestly right now kicking a spriest is almost worthless..... The lockout is so short now. If you can't get the kick on the first fake cast, you just eat it and move on. It's a small annoyance, and the time to then cast power word shield essentially covers most of the interrupt haha.

Also it looks like imprison has a 1 min CD......that kinda sucks actually XD

I can see Mana Break being ridiculously broken though.....if you are OOM it does 50% of your hp.....with mana added back to hybrids and them dropping very low on mana all the time....heh.

- - - Updated - - -

PVP players also don't get legendaries which essentially grant new talents, trinkets, and raid tier set bonuses. Both have their unique thing, pvp just happens to be more obvious.

The main progression of pvp is rating, while the main progression in pve is power. You just have to give all the power up front to pvp to make the game mode balanced. In the end, 5 legendaries + set bonus + trinket is going to be about the same impact of pvp talents. The big difference will be that some pvp talents are actually new abilities.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-04-22 at 12:32 PM.

Like some people said, blizzard is taking the boring and uninspired route to fix the melee vs caster disparity on the interrupt subject. If i remember correctly, wasn't warlocks one of the classes that got the interrupt duration protection like shadow and shamans? If they start giving the classes this new kind of protection, i hope they give the same treatment for us too.

At this point, i hope they bring back our flat damage reduction. Even if its something like "you take 10% less damage outside VF and 20% less damage inside VF"

Shadow for PVE is looking great besides some talents. I think PVP is the one that need the most attention right now.

Loved that they gave MB and SW:V animations <3 i will still take SW:V for pvp for a faster VF.

Your time outside of voidform in pvp is nonexistent tho.

I think from now on I'll just afk on heavy aoe adds/trash because i really cba. Shadowcrash is so slow, most of the time if I want it to hit the adds before they die I have to stand in melee.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Your time outside of voidform in pvp is nonexistent tho.

I think from now on I'll just afk on heavy aoe adds/trash because i really cba. Shadowcrash is so slow, most of the time if I want it to hit the adds before they die I have to stand in melee.
    Shadow crash is just absolutely trash tier even if it hits "everything". I think twintop or one of the theorycrafters said something like shadowcrash has a target cap of......wait for it.....five. It's an AOE talent that apparently can't even AOE all that well........I have the feeling that it just won't get used. I guess we wait for final tuning =/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    Like some people said, blizzard is taking the boring and uninspired route to fix the melee vs caster disparity on the interrupt subject. If i remember correctly, wasn't warlocks one of the classes that got the interrupt duration protection like shadow and shamans? If they start giving the classes this new kind of protection, i hope they give the same treatment for us too.

At this point, i hope they bring back our flat damage reduction. Even if its something like "you take 10% less damage outside VF and 20% less damage inside VF"

Shadow for PVE is looking great besides some talents. I think PVP is the one that need the most attention right now.

Loved that they gave MB and SW:V animations <3 i will still take SW:V for pvp for a faster VF.
    I don't think people truly realize the level of aids things like Destro + Greater Pyro Fire Mage is going to bring to the table. When you can't even kick them/silence them, you cannot leave a pillar ever without fear of one shot.