Watched some videos on youtube of dungeon runs from this guy called J ink or w/e and he literally did double the dmg on first boss of halls of valor as spriest with lust and not using surrender to madness. seems to be topping dmg on every boss fight but being weak during trash.

Edit: Entirely misread that post, disregard.

Deleted
    How I would fix shadow...

1. Spectral guise back.
    2. Insanity to be 100 outside of combat so you don't start the fight at 0. This would help leveling, since people are going disc instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Watched some videos on youtube of dungeon runs from this guy called J ink or w/e and he literally did double the dmg on first boss of halls of valor as spriest with lust and not using surrender to madness. seems to be topping dmg on every boss fight but being weak during trash.
    That's probably only because he's constantly using mind control. The Mc'd mobs usually do more than 50% of our damage.
    Shadow is "fine" damage-wise in raids where trash-dps doesn't matter but otherwise our damage outside of voidform is absolutely horrid. There are also so many other problems at the moment that I'm starting to doubt if they are going to be able to fix shadow until release. It sucks.

Deleted
    Didn't Blizz want to give us that "Oblivion" spell, which was basically a burst-cd? Giving us 100 insanity instantly? I've been looking around on the beta (yes, I finally have a key) everywhere, but our promised burst-cd seems nowhere to be found...

Quote Originally Posted by Narline View Post
    Didn't Blizz want to give us that "Oblivion" spell, which was basically a burst-cd? Giving us 100 insanity instantly? I've been looking around on the beta (yes, I finally have a key) everywhere, but our promised burst-cd seems nowhere to be found...
    Nope, IIRC it was already removed in first alpha or something like that. We're not allowed to burst with our raid group since pull.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-06-12 at 01:00 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted

Blizzard scraped Oblivion before Blizzcon, no idea why they even said anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I'm always topping dps with my elemental shaman on bosses... it doesn't really mean anything tbh. It depends on players skills, artefact progress, gear etc...
    Imo I'd wait for premade level 110 char with full artefact to be out before judging the class balance.

Homophobia is so gay.

We were given SW:Void in its place. Although they can't seem to figure out how much insanity the want it to give. First it was 90 with all three charges, then they bumped it down to 60, but then decided that was a bad move and reverted the change, but then made it 75? I also wouldn't have called Oblivion a burst cooldown as there's still a ramp up time once you enter voidform. Maybe it would be one if it gave max insanity and activated voidform with 30 stacks and an additional 10-15% damage for 20 seconds? Of course those are all random numbers.

Deleted
    So weird!
    Here I was, getting hyped for beta because I'd finally have a burst-ish cooldown...sigh.

But shame on me. Should've just read patch notes.

On another note: Have people found some decent tricks how to make it to - or past - 100 voidform stacks with SotM? I seem to be "capping" at around 60, 70 if i'm lucky and everything goes according to "plan."

Feedback would be appreciated!

SotM ?

You can't exceed 100 voidform stacks.

Homophobia is so gay.

I'm enjoying SW:Void more than I thought I would. Trying to prolong Voidform as long as possible seems like it has pretty severe diminishing returns after a point, but playing to minimize Lingering Insanity time feels pretty good. Less haste (which is good for my brittle 30 year old wrist), but higher uptime on the 30% damage buff from Voidform and good use of Void Lord.

If I ever manage to pick up Mother Shahaz's Seduction it should be pretty powerful.

Ideally you don't want to use it in voidform, only out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    On another note: Have people found some decent tricks how to make it to - or past - 100 voidform stacks with SotM? I seem to be "capping" at around 60, 70 if i'm lucky and everything goes according to "plan."
    What I've been doing to get to an exceed 100s in STM:
    1) Don't Mind Flay. It doesn't get the STM bonus in the current build. I've been using Mind Sear as my filler. It's pretty good Insanity Per Second at three targets.
    2) I've been running FotM, Doesn't Matter, Doesn't Matter, RoS (but doesn't matter on training dummies), AS, Mindbender, and STM
    3) Get DoTs rolling and refreshed. That's easy to do on three targets (like in the Order Hall). Disperse. Refresh DoTs. Void Torrent.
    4) Mindbender early on, but you'll need Bender if you want to get anywhere above 100 stacks
    5) At around 85 it starts getting harder. You'll need to Torrent again if you miss a beat.
    6) Disperse when it's off CD.
    7) ???
    8) Profit.
    9) Prophet?

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I'm enjoying SW:Void more than I thought I would. Trying to prolong Voidform as long as possible seems like it has pretty severe diminishing returns after a point, but playing to minimize Lingering Insanity time feels pretty good. Less haste (which is good for my brittle 30 year old wrist), but higher uptime on the 30% damage buff from Voidform and good use of Void Lord.
    25%. RIP.
    Last edited by Tanned; 2016-06-13 at 04:33 AM.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Which is why I actually like the mind bomb in Legion, I feel like that skill alone could be our ticket to mythic+ dungeon runs.
    Haven't discovered the OPness that is Dominant Mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post
    What I've been doing to get to an exceed 100s in STM:
    25%. RIP.
    Bleh, I forgot about that. I hope we get a substantial new build soon, I want to see if Blizzard is actually making a push to more evenly distribute damage between Voidform and caster form (as I suspect Voidform nerfs imply) or if they've just got their heads up their asses and think we do too much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Haven't discovered the OPness that is Dominant Mind?
    Bah. I'll start trying Dominant mind on live, not earlier. On beta I won't even try to play it, since I am 95,8% sure it won't be working in mythic+ on live. I also love my Mindbender too much.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I also love my Mindbender too much.
    They did fix the Mindbender/DM bug, last I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Smothered Hope View Post
    They did fix the Mindbender/DM bug, last I heard.
    But only for some specific order.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t
    Bah. I'll start trying Dominant mind on live, not earlier. On beta I won't even try to play it, since I am 95,8% sure it won't be working in mythic+ on live.
    Blizzard said weeks ago that they reduced the strength of MCd mobs in order to let players use MC effects in content where usually they made everything immune IIRC. Let's hope that they will mantain their promise.