Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    I would also love to see this (and it gaining charges from the Mind Blast legendary), but it's pretty unlikely they're going to do any changes on that scale at this point. I'd be more than happy to take the snorefest flat damage buff to mind sear and hope for better next round.
    I agree it's just too late for big changes even if they are still fun to talk about. I'm hoping mind sear becomes a really good cleave talent with proper tuning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I agree it's just too late for big changes even if they are still fun to talk about. I'm hoping mind sear becomes a really good cleave talent with proper tuning.
    I'd rather have moderate aoe baseline than powerful aoe through talents, simply due to how clunky talent switching is. Let's face it, we are and seems like always will be primarily a ST class. I can't see it ever being ideal for us to reduce our ST effectiveness for a small gain in AOE simply due to just how huge the gap is between our ST and AOE performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    I'd rather have moderate aoe baseline than powerful aoe through talents, simply due to how clunky talent switching is. Let's face it, we are and seems like always will be primarily a ST class. I can't see it ever being ideal for us to reduce our ST effectiveness for a small gain in AOE simply due to just how huge the gap is between our ST and AOE performance.
    For those wondering, I meant mind spike but I think you caught my drift

- - - Updated - - -

The team doesn't want people to be able to target specific legendary items at launch, but later in the expansion it might make sense to add targeting a specific legendary item.
    The team decided to allow legendary items from the start of raid progression because WoW is a RPG and the power you get from items should matter. The team wants to let you use the items you have when possible.
    I don't like the lack of targeting........ I want the shoulders badly, and it would suck to have to wait till Legion's "HFC" to get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the lack of targeting........ I want the shoulders badly, and it would suck to have to wait till Legion's "HFC" to get it.
    Even if that happened, you'd still get to use them for 18 months.

No, you'll get the ring and it will be your one and only legendary in Legion :P

Consider that a Curse of the Prime Offender, lol.

Also: I feel sad about the removal of Farahlon Thal'dranath...
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-06-16 at 08:23 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

@Leet Kinda the same. I really really hope they replace it with something cooler and old god related.

I really really wish they'd give us our wings back :/

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    @Leet Kinda the same. I really really hope they replace it with something cooler and old god related.

I hope we get more involved in void related stuff personally. Although I doubt we'd get that far other than maybe at the very tail end of the xpac if they intended it to lead in to the next.

I hope we get more involved in void related stuff personally. Although I doubt we'd get that far other than maybe at the very tail end of the xpac if they intended it to lead in to the next.
    Well yeah. But presumably we seal the portal at the end of 7.0. Then for 7.1 : we either prepare to go to Argus (!!!) or some other world where high legion officers are OR we have to deal with something on Azeroth.

if we stay on Azeroth => Old god stuff or Troll stuff.

I'd be fine with all 3.

I love old god theme. I love legion theme. I love Troll theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe Wrathion will finally show up ? Or maybe something to do with the infinite dragonflight and karazhan ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Use the MoP's pvp shoulders transmog, the one with red/white wings, that's all I can advice to you...

Hell, at least you can get _some_ wings, while I am stuck with no tentacles for the whole expansion

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Use the MoP's pvp transmog, the one with red/white wings, that's all I can advice to you...

Hell, at least you can get _some_ wings, while I am stuck with no tentacles for the whole expansion
    Haha I'm pissed as hell about the tentacles too, dw. I showed my anger when they first nerfed it. But I accepted the fact that they don't really care. I think our offhand is not showing, we lost tons of visual glyphs that I think a lot of people found awesome and then the tentacles.

/shrug

Homophobia is so gay.

This expansion is probably going to wrap up the Burning Legion as a major concern, and then the only way to go after that is straight into the Void/Old God stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    This expansion is probably going to wrap up the Burning Legion as a major concern, and then the only way to go after that is straight into the Void/Old God stuff.
    You really think we will pewpew the big old bad Sargeras in Legion? I kinda doubt it, tbh. I feel like Legion will be about gathering the Light's army, next expansion would be about defeating Sargeras.

You really think we will pewpew the big old bad Sargeras in Legion? I kinda doubt it, tbh. I feel like Legion will be about gathering the Light's army, next expansion would be about defeating Sargeras.
    Wasn't the light's army for the void though? (Not a lore buff)

I could see us killing sargeras or some part of him in Legion.....either way I'd expect the burning legion to get severely pushed back and sargeras be introduced in to the game in a larger role.

Wasn't the light's army for the void though? (Not a lore buff)

I could see us killing sargeras or some part of him in Legion.....either way I'd expect the burning legion to get severely pushed back and sargeras be introduced in to the game in a larger role.
    Eh, I don't know as well. Velen saw a vision with Anduin leading the army of Light which will destroy burning legion threat. That's all I know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't know as well. Velen saw a vision with Anduin leading the army of Light which will destroy burning legion threat. That's all I know.
    Where did this happen? Did I miss this?

Anduin is a Shadowpriest, I would be very suspect of having him leading an army
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

Anduin is a Shadowpriest, I would be very suspect of having him leading an army
    Is anduin a shadowpriest? I thought he was holy?

15+ Year Old Account
    This didn't exactly happen. The leader of the Army of the Light in the vision was an indistinct human. It has since been revealed that it is Turalyon, not Anduin, who is the leader of the Army.

Edit: Though, to be fair, that may or may not be the person in the vision as the vision is at a specific time and place at some point in the future. So it could be the person(s) mentioned in the spoiler tag above, or any other human really. No way to know with the current information that's out there.
    Last edited by Smog; 2016-06-16 at 10:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is anduin a shadowpriest? I thought he was holy?
    He pretends to be Holy, but as Alliance you get to do some quests with him during the Cataclysm and Pandaria intros. In both cases, he casts things like Shadow Word: Pain, Psychic Scream, Mind Vision, Mass Mind Control, etc. The only healy spell I remember him casting was Power Word: Shield.

Plus, his priestly mentor was Benedictus during Cataclysm, and during Pandaria he spent a lot of time hanging out with Wrathion: who expressed some very controversial (Spriesty) views on the Light/Void debate.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    He pretends to be Holy, but as Alliance you get to do some quests with him during the Cataclysm and Pandaria intros. In both cases, he casts things like Shadow Word: Pain, Psychic Scream, Mind Vision, Mass Mind Control, etc. The only healy spell I remember him casting was Power Word: Shield.

Plus, his priestly mentor was Benedictus during Cataclysm, and during Pandaria he spent a lot of time hanging out with Wrathion: who expressed some very controversial (Spriesty) views on the Light/Void debate.
    This isn't correct. In Wolfheart, Varian tries to get Anduin to study with Benedictus, but Anduin declines. His priestly mentor and tutor was/is Velen (starting at the very end of Wolfheart into Prophet's Lesson).

Additionally, he has also used holy fire, shields, and story-mechanic barriers. He has healed the injured during war times as well. Like most major NPCs, trying to pin him down to a spec is pretty pointless. He's a faction leader, and as such, is basically a super version of the class he represents. If anything, he'd be discipline as he uses far more shields and barriers than heals, but also uses shadow magics when forced.

Guys tell me something out of curiosity. I heard that the Discipline Priest can become a DPSer. If I respec into a Full DPS Discipline Priest how does the Class fair against the Shadowpriest in terms of Damage?

How does the class fair in PVE and PVP in terms of damage and defences?

I am asking out of curiosity cause I have a feeling that I may not gonna like the NEW Shadowpriest and I am looking to see if I can make the Discipline Priest a DPSer just like I did back in Vanilla.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2016-06-16 at 10:19 PM.