Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I think that a 1 second cast could be ok for PVP. I wouldn't be too happy about it, but at least at 1 second we can sneak the cast in with at least a little bit of reliability especially when the cast time is reduced by haste.
    How about no cast time to enter our TRUE DPS form ?

I dunno. It's like saying "warriors should have a 1 sec cast before being able to use their weapon"

or like "fire mage needs to cast a full pyro before being able to land any critical strike"

that spell is so stupid pvp wise I don't even know where to begin

Homophobia is so gay.

Yeah, those guys are just loosing grip on the game faster and faster. If you could at least see some light at the end of the tunnel, and some changes that lets you know they are having a good idea of what to do. But no, they are just scrambling and tackling things that arent really the problem, while completely ignoring the glaring problems of melee vs ranged.

A month ago the excuse of "numbers arent tuned yet" might have worked, but at this point in time, its just something you cannot believe anymore. I am absolutely scared about how the pvp game will look like when Legion goes live, and I am normally not too phased over PTR and beta things, its just this time around... inbetween all their patting on their own backs for past achievements, not really reacting to criticism (just remember how they celebrated themselves with the "shut up pvp guy" remarks several times) and their general justification posts when theres things going wrong, instead of just admitting they messed up, they simply just hole up and tell the players that they are just too dumb to understand their design ideas.

I might be really bitter, but after 10 years of playing this game on and off, and being heavily invested into pvp in particular, this is really the only thing I can say right now. I still have hope that they can proove me wrong, but its quickly fading, the closer we get to prepatch and release.

Worst thing is this trend of them boosting melee mobility while taking so many things away from casters. Its not just since wod, they added only melee classes to the game over the years. We went from 11 melee specs, 5 heal specs, 11 caster dps specs among classes into 19 6 11, so of course theres now more melee running around, which causes massive problems for the game, especially in bgs, because tunneling with a bunch of melee is always more effective than a bunch of casters, because its way easier to just run with the pack and hit the same guy your buddies are hitting. And thats just one thing of many problems, but I will leave it at that, otherwise its a big wall of text that I dont really wanna write nor you wanna read
    Last edited by heinz0r; 2016-06-23 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    How about no cast time to enter our TRUE DPS form ?

I dunno. It's like saying "warriors should have a 1 sec cast before being able to use their weapon"

or like "fire mage needs to cast a full pyro before being able to land any critical strike"

that spell is so stupid pvp wise I don't even know where to begin
    One day, Blizzard will realize that you can't have the same skillset for PvE as you do for PvP, and PvPers will realize that playing a game that wasn't designed from the ground up exclusively for PvP is a waste of their time.

Today isn't that day.

Deleted
    Void Origins (New) Void Eruption is now instant cast. Shadow Priest - Tier 3 PvP Talent.
    Here ya go !

Did they just make Dominant Mind permanent? Even with a three minute CD, I am fucking sold on that. Recasting that every minute was annoying.

Yea and it now competes w/ Driven to Madness. Why can't something like this just be baseline...why does a core class mechanic have to be different for PvP and PvE. I don't understand why they do these things. Getting real tired of class fantasy.
    Last edited by escott410; 2016-06-24 at 12:41 AM.

I knew Dominant Mind should be nerfed! You know how blizzard is.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Did they just make Dominant Mind permanent? Even with a three minute CD, I am fucking sold on that. Recasting that every minute was annoying.
    I hope it's like that, but I'm afraid it's more likely that they just put a cooldown on it. Pretty shitty if that is the case, can often get screwed over by it then.

7+ Year Old Account
    To make Void Origins viable it has to have a healing element tacked on. For every SWP and VT active you get healed for X amount. Write that down in the beta forums asap!

- - - Updated - - -

I called it a few pages back about how they might make Void Eruption instant through a pvp talent replacing Edge of Insanity lol

They listened to me! I made these suggestions on the legion beta pvp forum two days ago (Mind Trauma nerf and void origins instant VEr)
    <inactive>

Deleted
    I said it the minute it was announced the new voidform had a cast time... like 3 days ago. I said it will become instant and here we are. That was quick. Not sure I'm happy it competes with Driven to Madness... #feelsbadman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    They listened to me! I made these suggestions on the legion beta pvp forum two days ago (Mind Trauma nerf and void origins instant VEr)
    You weren't the only one, we were like 20 people raging about it

Damn this mc nerf, 30 sec duration, 3 min cooldown. Makes sense i guess since people would use mobs in dungeons to boost their damage, but it really sucks for questing as it was one of the few things that made us not completely shit to have a minion with us that could tank when we faded.

Well, it was completely ludicrous compared to Mind Bomb and Psychic Voice, so I guess that's not surprising. It was like, absolutely no content, a thousand percent better than any other choice on that row.

At least now I can indulge the goblin half of 'goblin priest' and take Mind Bomb.

Did they change anything in the behavior of the new spell ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Did they change anything in the behavior of the new spell ?
    For pve it doesn't seem like it at least, still fires 2 voidbolts.

I think I'd rather have Dominate Mind only work in the overworld if this is how they're gonna balance it.

That's funny.

Bribe the rogue ability lasts for 5 min with a 30 min cd. Baseline spell and instant

the new TALENT Dominant Mind lasts for 30 sec with a 3min cd.

I dunno how to feel 'bout that.

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Void Origins nor the second option still aren't viable as Void Shield give us the best survivability. With Void Origins, yes we'd have instant cast, but no way to stay up even through an unbuffed rotation from the enemy. With Void Shield we will suffer from all the hard casting. That talent tier should be the dedicated self sustaining tier and should heal in some way or provide a buff when used that reduces damage taken. We need that and some kind of gap opener really bad.

If done, shadow priest will feel most complete with self sustainability and the ability to keep melee at bay albeit temporarily. A stun would work, sure and Shadow Priests have always relied on MF for a slow and I can live with that but by far the best bet, AND fitting perfectly with our theme, Void Tendrils should make a most serious return to our toolkit.
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2016-06-24 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Void Origins nor the second option still aren't viable as Void Shield give us the best survivability. With Void Origins, yes we'd have instant cast, but no way to stay up even through an unbuffed rotation from the enemy. With Void Shield we will suffer from all the hard casting. That talent tier should be the dedicated self sustaining tier and should heal in some way or provide a buff when used that reduces damage taken. We need that and some kind of gap opener really bad.

If done, shadow priest will feel most complete with self sustainability and the ability to keep melee at bay albeit temporarily. A stun would work, sure and Shadow Priests have always relied on MF for a slow and I can live with that but by far the best bet, AND fitting perfectly with our theme, Void Tendrils should make a most serious return to our toolkit.
    Wrong talent row. Instant VEr competes with insanity on hit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, idk why I thought Void Shield was in that tier. Its Driven to Madness. Thanks @Nycros

Which actually alleviates me a bit. Driven is still powerful but having both Void Shield and Void Origins, they might be the new preferred combo. Gonna need to test it out some more.

Void Tendrils would further devalue driven to madness but in the end it's a much needed ability for us with how much melee can have so much uptime on us.
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2016-06-24 at 04:29 AM.