Reading here and in the Alpha/Beta forum I wonder if the fact that the SPriest can heal is a perk anymore. It sounds almost like a rotational/necessary thing to do instead of being an 'extra' that was supposed to be the advantage/"luxury" of 'being a hybrid'.

well in pve once you have all traits unlocked... you're kinda really self sufficient (shield/more heal/healing on dispersion etc) but thing is you don't have any of it early on.

In pvp it's another issue since you need to do damage to heal yourself (you still have shadowmend tho but it's limited).

Homophobia is so gay.

Question

What is your legion plans? Which one of zones you would start to leveling? It depends on rewards you need at lvl 110? I can´t decide which zone.

Since the zones level with you, I would assume it doesn't matter which zone you start in, as you level up the quest rewards will just give newer versions of what you're wearing. If you're Heroic/Mythic geared, I doubt you'll see any upgrades from quests/dungeons till 105+.

Guess I'll find out more about the zones and what they offer as I play through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malico View Post
    Question

What is your legion plans? Which one of zones you would start to leveling? It depends on rewards you need at lvl 110? I can´t decide which zone.
    I am definitely going to start from Wrykul's zone... unless my raid's leader will freak out and drag me to a zone which has her beloved elves of any kind

Also: since beta servers were stable for the last three hours, tried playing outlaw rogue. He's awesome as well, and his artifact quest really reminded me of glorious class quests from good old times of Vanilla. And also, the biggest surprise I had: MANATHISTLE TEA IS BACK. I bet rogues will have a freaking good time playing Legion
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-13 at 09:40 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

This page: http://www.shadowmeld.net/xalatath/#more-378

Has these two quotes that I haven't seen shared anywhere else.
    Another tortured soul, long overdue for oblivion. I am more interested in his advisor, though…

Disaster abounds here. Elf ruins filled with unquiet souls ripe for harvest.
    Anyone know what triggers them?

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    Reading here and in the Alpha/Beta forum I wonder if the fact that the SPriest can heal is a perk anymore. It sounds almost like a rotational/necessary thing to do instead of being an 'extra' that was supposed to be the advantage/"luxury" of 'being a hybrid'.
    I think the luxury part is the fact that Shadow Mend appears to be potentially two or three times as strong as any other hybrid's heal, depending on your traits and talents.

With Masochism and Thoughts of Insanity it heals you for nearly 1400% of SP, and other targets for potentially 910%, at will. Rets and DPS shaman off-heals are much smaller, in the neighborhood of 400% to 600%.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal
    I think the luxury part is the fact that Shadow Mend appears to be potentially two or three times as strong as any other hybrid's heal, depending on your traits and talents.

With Masochism and Thoughts of Insanity it heals you for nearly 1400% of SP, and other targets for potentially 910%, at will. Rets and DPS shaman off-heals are much smaller, in the neighborhood of 400% to 600%.
    What I meant is that reading here and there it seemed that in order to survive, you have to rely on it plus PW:S almost on cd event to fight 1-2 mobs. I wondered if the class is 'balanced' with that super heal in mind and yet it just barely survives - if other classes with less powerful heals do better (I don't know that, just a hypotesis since I read many times that other classes pull X mobs without breaking a sweat, etc), then the 'luxury' matters only when healing others I think.
    Last edited by Naga Coatl; 2016-05-13 at 10:13 PM.

That's how it is every time a new expansion rolls around. Cloth casters are punching bags during leveling, except for warlocks with their blueberry out. Unless you're rolling into a new expansion with high end raid gear, it's a slog until such point that you've got a full outfit of decent post-expansion leveling gear.

Pandaria was godawful for that especially.

pandaria leveling for spriest was ridiculous and you basically never took damage between void tendrils, psy scream, and fade+shadowfiend. I leveled faster on my priest than I did on any of my other alts pulling like 10 mobs at a time with swp and chaining DI procs and DP's into whatever was lowest. its just that our scaling blew dogdongs once you actually hit max level. if you couldn't sort out how to abuse void tendrils and fade then yeah, maybe shadow was hard to level?

our multitarget being bad and the tuning neutering means shadow will probably level slowly unless things change significantly in legion.

If you play on the beta : AVOID AZSUNA. This zone always has insane lag issue and playing a SP with lag is impossible. Well it's possible but it'll make you want to kill puppies and kitten, ressurect them and eat them alive.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    ooo pvp realms are up, lets see what pvp is like!
    joins first bg
    dead in 1 stun from 2 rogues
    respawn
    dead in 1 stun from 1 rogue
    respawn
    dead in 1 stun from 3 rogues

lets go see if the leveling realms are back up yet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Sorry to be late to the party, but what talents and rotations do you guys suggest?

I just got into the beta and it seems like it's taking forever to kill things. I'm looking to make my spriest my new main for legion so I would like to get a feel as to how the rotations work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    ooo pvp realms are up, lets see what pvp is like!
    joins first bg
    dead in 1 stun from 2 rogues
    respawn
    dead in 1 stun from 1 rogue
    respawn
    dead in 1 stun from 3 rogues

lets go see if the leveling realms are back up yet!
    Just wait until you meet the warriors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    If you play on the beta : AVOID AZSUNA. This zone always has insane lag issue and playing a SP with lag is impossible. Well it's possible but it'll make you want to kill puppies and kitten, ressurect them and eat them alive.
    Any zone suggestions? Running low on kittens after being trapped in that cave with lots of respawning mob groups running around.

And boy does our AE feel weak... disconnects sure aren't helping.

Single target is much better but some other classes seem to kill things faster.
    Void form is fun once you've gathered a few stacks, but also feels awkward at times when insanity level and mob death are not well aligned. Legacy of the Void helps with that though.

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Sorry to be late to the party, but what talents and rotations do you guys suggest?

I just got into the beta and it seems like it's taking forever to kill things. I'm looking to make my spriest my new main for legion so I would like to get a feel as to how the rotations work.

Thanks
    Right now i'm flipping between a few.

15 - Twist of Fate normally, SW: Void seems meh and Fortress of the Mind doesn't seem like it will outperform ToF.
    30- Body and Soul, on demand movement speed is awesome.
    45 - If I can utilize Mind Control, then Dominant Mind, otherwise Mind Bomb. Ranged AoE stun is awesome.
    60 - Reaper of Souls, Void Lord might be good as well, but i'm not entirely sure. The recent change to SW: D will probably make me want to pick Void Lord now. Void Ray is almost like the class trinket, but I haven't found myself casting flay a lot in the upper reaches of void form. Void Lord seems to be the better talent once you get going.
    75- Swapping between AS and SI. San'layn seems niche and I just didn't need the extra healing. SI is better for soloing than it IMO. Really loving the number of procs I get from SI, especially as I climb higher in void form. Definitely my 1-2 target talent choice. AS otherwise.
    90 - Mindbender or Shadow Crash. Usually i'll talent Shadow Crash on trash pulls and swap to Mindbender for an actual boss fight. Power Infusion doesn't really work to well for me and just complicates the rotation to much.
    100- Legacy of the Void. Being able to enter void form early pairs extremely well with Void Lord. Surrender to Madness is a lot of fun, but the fact it's not reset on a dungeon boss death or wipe makes it a bad talent to take outside of a raid. Mind Spike felt clunky, since you use MB every 2-3 seconds it doesn't get a big chance to build up, unless you have a second target.

As for my rotation:
    Outside of Void Form:
    Mind Blast
    SW: P/Vamp Touch
    Mind Bender (if talented)
    Mind Flay (Mind Sear if at 3+ targets)

Inside of Void Form:
    Void Torrent (if really high in stacks or I had just popped StM, so I can use it again before I die)
    Void Bolt
    SW: D (while moving)
    Mind Blast
    SW: D
    Mind Bender
    SW: P/VT (shouldn't need to)
    Mind Flay until around 70% haste then i stop using it completely.
    Mind Sear with 3+ targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Just wait until you meet the warriors
    I am avoiding anymore pvp until i have fully adjusted to the changes, i am still trying to mind blast on the move, hitting my now non existent mindspike keybind etc etc it is pretty annoying feeling like a complete noob who just started playing a new class with their free legion level 100 boost Still playing with the ui also and making weak auras as i go.

I actually detest the new nameplates, cannot wait for kui's in live.

Yeah the new nameplates are the absolute bane of my existence as shadow. Flat out hate multi target fights with those.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of sad to hear that we'll barely use Mind Flay in Legion. Specially because I really liked that Trait that summons a tentacle when we use MF. Maybe they could include Void Bolt as well? That way that Trait would see more use when we are in Void Form.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    This page: http://www.shadowmeld.net/xalatath/#more-378

Has these two quotes that I haven't seen shared anywhere else.

Anyone know what triggers them?
    Yes the first appears after killing the trash before the last boss of Blackrook hold.

The second one is from somewhere around Azsuna.
    <inactive>