Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we'll know more when we see the talent tree redesign. I'm actually really curious as to whether or not you can "talent" in synergy with Renew, or maybe focus on a different part of your healing instead.

I just hope that we end up with something a tad more compelling than the way the current talent tree works...because it's kind of boring.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really excited to try out these changes once Beta kicks off. As it stands right now all I need to do to top healing meters is spam renew on people taking damage, keep CoH and PoM on CD, and RARELY use Guardian Spirit on a tank. These new 1 min CD's sound like a fun new take on Holy and definitely fits the idea of invoking "miracles" of the light on people. I can see the talent choices being a major impact on gameplay though from how they've described it. I can definitely see them making it so you can alter the play style to focus around renew or PoM or whatever spell you favor most. Maybe there will be a talent that does enhance PoH to a 30 yard effect like people want. Who knows? I'm glad everyone here is keeping a level head on all of this. MMOC is being flooded with too many people getting up in arms over stuff they have only read about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

In #Legion, Prayer of Healing will choose allies within a radius instead of being group-based.
    That's a very welcome (and can't believe it took them 10 years) change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordekae View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

In #Legion, Prayer of Healing will choose allies within a radius instead of being group-based.
    That's a very welcome (and can't believe it took them 10 years) change.
    In fairness, it's no different from CoP, except it looks like it won't penalize you for choosing a higher health target. Still, a 15 yard range is...small.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    30 yd diameter is small? I mean, isn't it good that you get to pick where you want to heal instead of just having the game randomly decide among everyone in your raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    30 yd diameter is small? I mean, isn't it good that you get to pick where you want to heal instead of just having the game randomly decide among everyone in your raid?
    30 yard diameter is relatively small considering melee/ranged spread. The benefit is that it will heal anyone in its area instead of being group based. It'll show some issues in 5mans assuming PoH is worth it but otherwise its a welcome change.

Personally I prefer PoH group healing. Yeah it's a bit of a headache to setup, but 30 yards is quite large. Most fights have us close together and not super spread out, CoH was the alternative in that case and works great.

Deleted
    Maybe I'm just so used to Healing Rain that 15yd radius seems huge...

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Maybe I'm just so used to Healing Rain that 15yd radius seems huge...
    It would be okay if we had a spread aoe skill, which unless it's a talent we currently are locked to small areas of 15 yards. maybe renew is supposed to fill that void, but who knows. Don't really see any issues outside of 5mans and that's relatively minor since ST are probably more powerful anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchey View Post
    It would be okay if we had a spread aoe skill, which unless it's a talent we currently are locked to small areas of 15 yards. maybe renew is supposed to fill that void, but who knows. Don't really see any issues outside of 5mans and that's relatively minor since ST are probably more powerful anyway.
    It also depends on the encounters and how they are designed too. Not to mention what the general playstyle of holy is going to be this time around. As it is currently I rarely use PoH in anything more than 5 mans. With this new mechanic design it might be used more often or it might just be for stacking mechanics only.

Tis all speculation I say!

Speculation that I am thoroughly enjoying and secretly hoping will be addressed soon

Quote Originally Posted by Eliselor View Post
    i wouldn't hold my breath on that, considering that the playstyle of the disc can only be suported by perpetualy casting something, i don't feel like mana will be really relevant. And if holy priests were to be the only ones to have to manage mana that wouldn't be a good news.
    Regardless of whether or not mana will be relevant, I don't think it's very likely that disc's playstyle will be the measure of all things, so if they remove spirit for all healers, disc will be balanced around that and certainly not the other way around.

No matter how much you complain blizzard ain't gonna give you a fully smart heal with a 30y range, that sticked throughout previous expansions because the group limitation was in place. For spread healing renew and pom with divine insight procs (if the talent still exists) is the answer. 15 yards range on a fully smart heal is perfectly acceptable and before someone mentions clarity of purpose, that talent is bad not because of the range but because you need to heal a target below 30% hp in order to receive full benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    No matter how much you complain blizzard ain't gonna give you a fully smart heal with a 30y range, that sticked throughout previous expansions because the group limitation was in place. For spread healing renew and pom with divine insight procs (if the talent still exists) is the answer. 15 yards range on a fully smart heal is perfectly acceptable and before someone mentions clarity of purpose, that talent is bad not because of the range but because you need to heal a target below 30% hp in order to receive full benefit.
    Maybe if this was the disc thread it would be changed kappa. I think the only way to introduce a smart spread aoe heal would be to do it through CoH/talent. It would need a CD definitely. Regardless I think the toolkit seems pretty strong. Interested to see the talents when they come out. Did they get rid of lightwell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchey View Post
    Did they get rid of lightwell?
    Oh snap... I almost forgot about that... that's a valid question.... TO TWITTER!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    It concerns me as well, as that has always been our strength. If the paradigm shifts so its not, as long as we become strong at something else it shouldn't matter.
    Agree. The severe space/range restrictions on the two area heals worry me. What AE healing output will holy have in a fight where the raid is spread out? No other healing class is quite as limited in that regard.

Guess I'm one of few that still wants spirit in the game then.
    And what's the problem with Lightwell? No need to click it anymore, so I don't see the harm.

What healing spells do you guys actually like? Spamming CoH and PoH with the occasional PoM?

I hope spirit remains as a stat, it allows for a bit of min maxing for the people that want to minmax it.

One small thing I would really like to see for Legion is a change to Divine Hymn (and Tranq for that matter) to allow us to cast it while moving. We are already locked from casting other things for the duration of it, allowing us to move isn't gonna make DH overpowered or anything.

"Divine Hymn can now be channeled while moving, standing still while channeling for the full channel increases it's healing by 30%." There fixed the problem for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Guess I'm one of few that still wants spirit in the game then.
    And what's the problem with Lightwell? No need to click it anymore, so I don't see the harm.

What healing spells do you guys actually like? Spamming CoH and PoH with the occasional PoM?
    Prayer of Mending. I love it. The animation is great. Would love to spam that 24h a day.