Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Holy is fine for leveling, just spam holy nova on 4-5 mobs and laugh as they melt as your shadowy counterparts struggle with 1-2 mobs.
    I highly recommend taking Censure and Light of the Naaru as both talents make leveling loads easier.

Leveling faster through questing or spamming dungeons as holy?

Quote Originally Posted by Flay- View Post
    Leveling faster through questing or spamming dungeons as holy?
    Both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    So I just got into Beta and Have made a Shadow and a Holy priest, Any tips for questing holy, kinda painful thus far?
    At first, it does seem really, really painful due to the absolutely terrible boost gear you get. It does get better. I leveled to 110 as Holy and it wasn't that awful. Around 105 I got a bodyguard type character that helped out quite a bit. I also use Censure and Light of the Naaru (it works on HW: Chastise) when leveling. Once I ilevel hit around 730ish it felt just fine leveling/doing world content as Holy even with the mobs leveling with you. I also got Sol as a bodyguard and I like him far more than the other one I got.

Now that's a far cry from saying it's "super fun" or "really enjoyable" but I had a similar "I don't feel that strong" feeling on almost every character I tried that had the entry level boosted gear.

So, is it just me, or does Prayer of Mending use the "dumb-smart healing" mechanic they implemented with WoD(?)? I'm talking on the level of...I'm around 95% health, cast PoM on tank, tank gets hit, and instead of it bouncing to a melee DPS sitting around 80%, it hits me...and gets stuck, because I'm not taking further damage.

I miss SW: Death sometimes. =(

Secondly, does anyone recommend any good ways to track PoM? I haven't really had to pay attention to it since MoP as I was Disc for all of WoD and hardly bothered with hard-casting PoM (and tracking WoM seemed pointless). In MoP, you could only have 1 PoM out, and only 5 stacks, so I just simply have a little icon on my raid frames that show who has it (but not how many stacks, or a duration, etc.).
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2016-06-06 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    I've always used Vuhdo to track PoM stacks and remaining duration =)

I think I have an old weak aura laying around that shows who it's on and how many stacks are left. Would that help?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I think I have an old weak aura laying around that shows who it's on and how many stacks are left. Would that help?
    Probably, as I live and die by Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Probably, as I live and die by Grid.
    I'll have to find it, thinking about it, it may actually be an addon, but making a WA for it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll get back to you later today about it.

As for Grid, currently I'm using duffedUI on the beta and I have it setup to show PoM, Renew, EoL on my raid frames. Works great.

I think there may be a Grid sub-addon to track PoM, but I might be mistaken.

I use two separate UI setups for disc and holy, though, so I honestly haven't the foggiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Secondly, does anyone recommend any good ways to track PoM? I haven't really had to pay attention to it since MoP as I was Disc for all of WoD and hardly bothered with hard-casting PoM (and tracking WoM seemed pointless). In MoP, you could only have 1 PoM out, and only 5 stacks, so I just simply have a little icon on my raid frames that show who has it (but not how many stacks, or a duration, etc.).

This is the addon I use: http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/pra...ending-tracker

If you're using TMW, this will be right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    I used to use that as well, but didn't like how it functioned after multiple PoMs were allowed.

Mostly just looking to make sure I don't cast PoM on someone with more than 5 stacks; quick-look reference while raiding and likely having more important things to look at kind of deal.

I think I'll be able to make something work on Grid, if it ever gets updated for Legion.

It doesn't matter if you cast PoM on someone who already has 5 stacks, the stacks merge together up to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    It doesn't matter if you cast PoM on someone who already has 5 stacks, the stacks merge together up to 10.
    Yes.

I don't want to cast PoM on someone with 6+ stacks, if I can help it.

First time poster, be gentle..

Grid2 has loads of options to add buffs, debuffs and other shenanigans to your layout. You can add PoM to it and it'll tell you who it's on, including stacks and everything. You should definitely take a look if you swear by the original Grid

I can't post a link since this is my first post, but you should be able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elramir View Post
    First time poster, be gentle..

Grid2 has loads of options to add buffs, debuffs and other shenanigans to your layout. You can add PoM to it and it'll tell you who it's on, including stacks and everything. You should definitely take a look if you swear by the original Grid

I can't post a link since this is my first post, but you should be able to find it.
    I remember trying Grid2, but being somewhat unimpressed (for reasons I cannot now remember). It's also possible I'm just an old fuddy duddy that dislikes change.

I'll give it a look if Grid never gets updated.

My apologies for trailing so far off the topic. Just kind of excited at the prospect of being able to main Holy again, after so long. Now to make sure my guild remains convinced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using the Beta version of Vuhdo right now, Anyone else notice aside from the options being all in horrid green(most addons are kinda in this state in eta right now), but It seems to hate demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    I'm using the Beta version of Vuhdo right now, Anyone else notice aside from the options being all in horrid green(most addons are kinda in this state in eta right now), but It seems to hate demon hunters.
    Are you talking the class colors usually used to highlight boxes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually have the boxes class colors on Live, but DH, is just showing like they are dead...but still healable, it is a minor annoyance to have to look at my blizz raid from to see which DH is taking damage. I imagine Vuhdo will get updated eventually, beta is beta :P