Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    I feel like 45 recharge time is way too much to be usefull, it does however have potential on fights where either tanks will take spike damage, or certain debuffs with harm a certain raidmember.

If you go the left lane around to LoT, you'll end up with a bunch of shit traits though, I feel like you'll gain a lot more if you right, and up and above.
    Only crap trait on the left on the way to LoT is the Leap one. The one buffing PoH's healing and Serenity's crit I think could be quite good. LoT does a decent bit of healing and the %buff to heals on that target is mainly what I am thinking of. Can really help with those "oh crap" moments in theory.

I wholly believe a more bottom focused approach could be the right way to go about starting the artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    ye, sorry, that is however the trait I meant. But it's the kind of trait that will have a lot more value once you have some crit.
    Its not that great. Its pretty bad. At 20% haste its like a 4% chance to proc, it will hardly add anything to your healing.

Really all the golden traits are pretty meh. You're probably better off just going for the minor traits first.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Its not that great. Its pretty bad. At 20% haste its like a 4% chance to proc, it will hardly add anything to your healing.

Really all the golden traits are pretty meh. You're probably better off just going for the minor traits first.
    Blessing of T'uure had ~10% uptime during most of my mythic testing. It's not a great trait just by nature of it being RNG - Invoke the Naaru is a pretty big offender in the same regard. Light of T'uure and Renew the Faith are both pretty strong though.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-07-13 at 06:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by salmonman78 View Post
    The one buffing PoH's healing and Serenity's crit I think could be quite good. LoT does a decent bit of healing and the %buff to heals on that target is mainly what I am thinking of. Can really help with those "oh crap" moments in theory.
    Those traits are massively outpaced by the traits that increase healing for Flash Heal/Heal and both of your Holy Words, increasing them by 15% and 10% respectivly. No RNG, no bullshit, just more healing.

What are people's thoughts on these two paths?

These are somewhat different from what people have suggested previously. The numbering can be reversed if needed. #1 is what a lot of people have been suggesting by going left/right until LoT and then moving along the right side.

However, I think #2 could be considered, maybe. It seems quite radical to skip the PoH buff and take some quite 'useless' talents. The thought process is that if ones further up the tree are favored, this saves you 2 levels and therefore quite a lot of artifact power.

Just a few mock ups, critique at will

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyCrook View Post
    What are people's thoughts on these two paths?

*snip images*
    These are somewhat different from what people have suggested previously. The numbering can be reversed if needed. #1 is what a lot of people have been suggesting by going left/right until LoT and then moving along the right side.

However, I think #2 could be considered, maybe. It seems quite radical to skip the PoH buff and take some quite 'useless' talents. The thought process is that if ones further up the tree are favored, this saves you 2 levels and therefore quite a lot of artifact power.

Just a few mock ups, critique at will
    Flip the first image around, make it where LoT is #5, then get Holy Hands and Reverence. After that i think it would be a decision as to whether to go further up the right or the left paths depending on your group comp and which role you are going to be having to do more often. But PLEASE do not take FitL(#4 in image 2), it might get you there 2 points early but you also miss out on a decent buff to PoH by doing so.

But you're on the right idea, I just personally would go for LoT then back over to the right after.

Deleted
    Unrelated question, but how is levelling as holy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    VERY slow going... I think 75% of dps speed was mentioned by devs, felt more like 25% to kill something compared to my SV hunter and Enh Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Levelling as holy is slow sure, but at the same time, you can pull more mobs and survive, and have far less down time between pulls, by the simple fact that you can heal yourself. Just let renew tick and if you really get in a jam, HW:Serenity. Holy nova had me giggling like a little girl pulling packs and aoeing them down, honestly didn't expect it to be so good (not FANTASTIC, but its damn nifty).

Overall I think that it ends up being almost as fast as levelling as DPS, some classes might get better mileage, but levelling as a healer is no longer as painful as it used to be imo.

As for the artifact traits, I think that the right side just offers overall more healing throughput than the left. As nice as some of those traits are on the left (looking at you Serenity Now), I struggle with Trust in the Light being so early on and in the way of "better" traits, and its quite frankly not a spell that I tend to use all that often, then again with this trait in mind, I might find myself actively seeking out more and more ways to use it. The left side seems to focus on improving specific spells, PoH, Leap and Serenity, while the right looks more at our bread and butter spells. Renew will almost always be on the tanks, how often will we NOT be casting heal/flash heal, and who doesn't want more oomph behind our Holy Word spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post

I think Isheria has more or less the right idea with the trait progression, with what I had in mind for building. Though ofc situations may vary and change and new paths might be better. But with feeling a bit ambivalent to the first two gold dragons LoT and RtF (though I'm sure both have places they will shine), I will aim to follow the path with better overall traits.

Holy is so much more fun to play, I'm really enjoying the synergy with the Holy Words and I'm glad they are looking more viable for legion

Trait progression...what about relics? I'm having a hard time deciding which ones are "best"? We don't have traits like Resto Druids, that increase ALL their HoT healing (which to me feels like a clear winner, though I haven't kept up with discussion lately). Our traits feel very single-spell-specific.

Going in, of course, we will go with whatever increases ilevel the most, right? But what about when we can be choosey?

The traits you want for raiding is A) Power of the Naaru (PoH boost after Sanctify) B) Holy Guidance (Passive PoH boost) in that order. For mythic+ dungeons you mostly want reverence (flash heal/heal boost) and words of healing (holy words boost) again in that order as well.

The traits you want for raiding is A) Power of the Naaru (PoH boost after Sanctify) B) Holy Guidance (Passive PoH boost) in that order. For mythic+ dungeons you mostly want reverence (flash heal/heal boost) and words of healing (holy words boost) again in that order as well.
    This sounds feasible, I admit I haven't even given a though to my relics just yet but this doesn't sound bad.

This is great during raid testing where fights last ~2 minutes and you're spamming to make yourself look good, à la most the logs you've posted. In reality there are other traits which will provide a lot more bang for your buck - e.g. Reverence with how heavily we're casting FHeal/Heal as a filler. Unless mana is limitless (Innervate, SoH, various mechanics, etc.) or your goal is to run out of mana as quickly as possible, your opportunities to cast PoH and still have enough mana to sustain the rest of the encounter are fairly limited.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-07-15 at 07:54 AM.

I have done full 7+ minutes where PoH is still my top ability so once again you're incorrect. With raid relics the choices you have to select which trait to favor don't even exist and ilvl is basically the only deciding factor.

Deleted
    As I've not had much time to play on the beta, how often are relics dropping? I'm guessing that you could go a very long time before seeing the ones you want, and we won't just have a small stockpile? (maybe by the end of the expansion?) Which would lead to us not being able to really swapping them around much and needing to find a good balance of relics to suit.

I have done full 7+ minutes where PoH is still my top ability so once again you're incorrect. With raid relics the choices you have to select which trait to favor don't even exist and ilvl is basically the only deciding factor.
    Agree with this, I have done plenty of alpha/beta testing where PoH is a good contribution to my healing (2nd or 3rd). At 4.5% mana its actually a lot better than the current iteration on live mana wise and no longer being a group heal only anymore its very efficient, never seeing 15% over heal only bellow.

I have looked at logs of players who seemingly refuse to use PoH and have not been worse of on mana (most of the time better). Use when needed and able and you wont go oom, noone is saying spam it for no good reason, but its a spell that should be used when needed, not omitted from your spell usage.

Provide the evidence before you state that someone is incorrect - that's kind of how this works. Why bother making suggestions if there's no choice?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort View Post
    Agree with this, I have done plenty of alpha/beta testing where PoH is a good contribution to my healing (2nd or 3rd). At 4.5% mana its actually a lot better than the current iteration on live mana wise and no longer being a group heal only anymore its very efficient, never seeing 15% over heal only bellow.

I have looked at logs of players who seemingly refuse to use PoH and have not been worse of on mana (most of the time better). Use when needed and able and you wont go oom, noone is saying spam it for no good reason, but its a spell that should be used when needed, not omitted from your spell usage.
    No one said you should omit it, but it's certainly not something you're going to be casting heavily if you want any degree of mana sustainability on the 8-10+ minute fights.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-07-15 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post

No one said you should omit it, but it's certainly not something you're going to be casting heavily if you want any degree of mana sustainability on the 8-10+ minute fights.
    You would be surprised how many logs I looked over during alpha/beta where players never used the spell :P

The "your" was a generalised hypothetical person though, not aimed specifically at any one person. (sadly we Brits tend to butcher our own language and don't always word or phase things in the best way!)

I think some players are scared and will be scared @ live to use the spell. But with the way they aim regen to scale people should be probably test their limits first.

There are some posts on here that mention mana strains/issues, which may lead some players without beta access to make assumptions like PoH being too high mana cost to use.

To quote one from a few pages back:
    Prayer of Healing is prohibitively mana-expensive...
    If the mana situation for the Holy Priest stays as it is currently, it will be as non-competitive as it was in WoD. You're basically only doing the base heal without any room for emergency heals during damage spikes.If the mana situation for the Holy Priest stays as it is currently, it will be as non-competitive as it was in WoD. You're basically only doing the base heal without any room for emergency heals during damage spikes.
    This kind of information can be misleading to those without access and the logs from this post had no PoH used.

I would never advise using the spell heavily either. If you try to top players using this spell your wasting so much EoL anyway xD

With the news of the pre-patch hitting on the 19th, I had a few questions after reading this thread being a Disc Priest all of this expansion. What are the current expectations for Holy HFC BIS? I know the stat priorities are currently Mastery > Crit > Vers > Haste, but does this hold true for pre-patch at level 100? 4 piece tier bonus for holy looks weak, but am I missing some sort of viability to carry 4 piece? Sorry if this is dumb and irrelevant to the Legion discussion! Thanks.

Last time I was on the PTR, Holy was in a really really REALLY bad spot. Mastery is still bad (the healing paradigm doesn't really change until you get closer to 110 unless they've done something about tank hp since I was on there). The loss of spirit hit us the hardest as far as I could tell and the Demonic Phylactery is nerfed. Holy 4 piece has never been anything to swoon over, as you surmised.

I'm not sure there's any point in trying build a "BIS" set for Holy for the 6 weeks we have left until Legion.