Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    for prepatch I would have expected to play shadow like I have been playing most of the time since we dropped a few healer spots for farm.

Any of you priests find the hidden artifact for holy? Its allegedly a drop from Hyrja in Halls of Valor but I've killed her a couple times already and haven't seen it drop. Gotta be exalted with Valarjar or w/e as well, I'm assuming its like a 1% drop rate or something at this point.
    Roland, Oscuridad of Sargeras
    <Design> 13/13M HFC - Recruiting

I was in PTR today doing HFC heroic raid and I share the same opinion the holy is terrible spec right now, and only will get better with lvl 110. Focus in mastery and crit but looks like not big deal. Druids just as an exemple do double heal then us in pre patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xio View Post
    I was in PTR today doing HFC heroic raid and I share the same opinion the holy is terrible spec right now, and only will get better with lvl 110. Focus in mastery and crit but looks like not big deal. Druids just as an exemple do double heal then us in pre patch.
    Crit/Mastery does look interesting, though I don't want to not consider Haste as well. Druids haven't changed much at all so while we are still learning our toolkit and getting used to it and breaking it in they have very little of a learning curve to do. Plus the Druid 4pc right now giving double Lifebloom is just silly. Once we're more into what we're getting we'll be fine.

From the Hotfix Tuning:
    Priest
    Invoke the Naaru proc chance is now 20% (was 15%).
    T'uure's Searing Light damage reduced by 30%.
    T'uure's Dazzling Lights healing increased by 50%.
    T'uure's Blessed Light healing increased by 50%.
    T'uure's Light Eruption damage reduced by 40%.
    Reverence now increases Flash Heal and Heal healing by 3/6/9% (was 5/10/15%).
    Confession now increases Penance damage by 4/8/12% (was 5/10/15%).

Glad to see that we might have our little Naaru buddy join us more often. And I feel a little more sure of my plan to get Light of Turre THEN go back to the right side since Reverence was hit hard.

Think its now better to ignore the right side? That reverence Nerf is going to hit hard IMO.

Maybe still pick up Holy Hands? Although I did read somewhere that renew is not worth casting most of the time, haven't been able to do any beta testing myself though. Thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyCrook View Post
    Think its now better to ignore the right side? That reverence Nerf is going to hit hard IMO.

Maybe still pick up Holy Hands? Although I did read somewhere that renew is not worth casting most of the time, haven't been able to do any beta testing myself though. Thoughts on this?
    The right side still overall has a lot of good %buffs that I feel would be beneficial to start raiding with. Now that being said, I was and am even more so now a big advocate of getting Light of Turre and stopping there on the left, then going back starting with Holy Hands and going up the right until Renew the Faith. I see a lot of potential in LoT in both 5man and raid scenarios. Once we get RtF then it would be up to you to decide how to proceed depending on your playstyle, raid role and such.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyCrook View Post
    Although I did read somewhere that renew is not worth casting most of the time
    It's both less efficient and less heal per cast than even flash heal without even considering mastery or serendipity. It's only advantage is you can move while casting it. Only worth keeping up on tanks to have a initial PoM target and some health stability. Its existence is basically tied to Benediction at this point.
    Last edited by worcester; 2016-07-17 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salmonman78 View Post
    The right side still overall has a lot of good %buffs that I feel would be beneficial to start raiding with. Now that being said, I was and am even more so now a big advocate of getting Light of Turre and stopping there on the left, then going back starting with Holy Hands and going up the right until Renew the Faith. I see a lot of potential in LoT in both 5man and raid scenarios. Once we get RtF then it would be up to you to decide how to proceed depending on your playstyle, raid role and such.
    Pretty much, think that'll be the way to go but depends on numbers and such. Can probably get LoT and the good parts of the right side before EN releases anyway so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If renew it is not good why in almost every log holy priest it is one of the most used spells and some cases the top spell heal?

Because they use benediction, none actually hard casts renew because if you do that you'll do zero healing since the gcd is better spent on something else and that else being PoH or Sanctify when you aoe heal.

So when Trail of Light actually works it looks like the 40% replication can also proc Blessing of T'uure.

Regarding the talents, what are good choices for running Mythic Dungeon content?

How does the refresh renew stack up against the increased mana regen for example?

Is Holy Form as good as we hoped it would be? Or is Circle (or even the passive better)?

Binding Heal worth it? Or just go for the passive FH proc?

Thinking of testjng out Holy before live just to get a feel of it.

Deleted
    One way to look at the right vs left path discussion is to consider the enormous amounts of AP necessary to fill the last lets say 4 points. The total amount of spent AP triples over those 4 traits (its an exponential growth, so..). Anyways, if I have to choose which 4 points I would fill last, then the clear answer is 3x leap of faith (trust in the light) + that strange pvp like trait (focus in the light).

That is to be seen as addition to the other arguments brought up for the right side of course

10+ Year Old Account
    For HFC raiding, what's the general recommended talents to go with? I'm thinking

http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/priest/holy/M6N0

I'd change Enlightenment to Trail of Light if mana doesn't appear to be an issue.
    I like Body of Mind as a "oh shit" speed boost for myself or raid members.
    SoH just seems too powerful as a raid CD not to take it.
    Not sure on SoL, if we lose the synergy with DS (hence why I didn't take DS).. but not sure if the others on the row are worthwhile.
    Last edited by Zasriel; 2016-07-18 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasoy View Post
    Regarding the talents, what are good choices for running Mythic Dungeon content?

How does the refresh renew stack up against the increased mana regen for example?

Is Holy Form as good as we hoped it would be? Or is Circle (or even the passive better)?

Binding Heal worth it? Or just go for the passive FH proc?

Thinking of testjng out Holy before live just to get a feel of it.
    Been messing alot with Holy on the PTR and it actually feels really good. Give it a whirl and enjoy it when you do. For your questions:

I would actually think about using Trail of Light over Enduring Renewal for 5mans, still undecided on Enlightenment or Trail for raiding.

Apotheosis is a great ability, think of it as another CD you can have for when the shit hits the fan. Maybe later on in the expansion Benediction+Later Artifact traits will be good but I would think for a good long while Apoth will be a good thing to have. Maybe CoH for 5mans. But Apoth has a potential of 5-6 Serenity and 4-5 Sanctify in 30 seconds. That is A LOT of healing.

Surge of Light will most likely be the default for that line.

Quote Originally Posted by warchief606 View Post
    One way to look at the right vs left path discussion is to consider the enormous amounts of AP necessary to fill the last lets say 4 points. The total amount of spent AP triples over those 4 traits (its an exponential growth, so..). Anyways, if I have to choose which 4 points I would fill last, then the clear answer is 3x leap of faith (trust in the light) + that strange pvp like trait (focus in the light).

That is to be seen as addition to the other arguments brought up for the right side of course
    The right side is really good, but I(tooting my horn again here) still think Light of Turre(Left Gold Dragon) will be the first one to go for, then back across to the right side. Focus in the Light(that weird on you mention as a pvp-esque thing) will be my last to get overall. Trust in the Light might not be the best but I could see ways of making it work and feasible just to get to LoT first. But soon as you get LoT you start back at Holy Hands and go up the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordekae View Post
    For HFC raiding, what's the general recommended talents to go with? I'm thinking

http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/priest/holy/M6N0

I'd change Enlightenment to Trail of Light if mana doesn't appear to be an issue.
    I like Body of Mind as a "oh shit" speed boost for myself or raid members.
    SoH just seems too powerful as a raid CD not to take it.
    Not sure on SoL, if we lose the synergy with DS (hence why I didn't take DS).. but not sure if the others on the row are worthwhile.
    Well SoL is still good to take, actually the best on that line. Divine Star and Halo are both still good, just it's now a little more awkward to change between them in fights. Divinity though is good too so that one is a tough line.

So for Pre-Patch HFC raiding what would be the best talent build? Also what are our BiS trinks for prepatch and what are the stats priority?

http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#CV3W

This is what you should be running for almost 90% of hfc bosses since the damage comes at bursts which you can time perfectly with apotheosis. For the few ones that have constant ticking damage like hellfire council you are probably better off with benediction, don't forget to also use 4p for even more freebie renews that your extra pom will grant. The stat priority is the exact same as it will be on legion as well Mastery > Crit > Haste = Versatility. For trinkets not much changes here since the 1st one is still phylactery and the 2nd one is darkmoon insignia from hellfire council or intuition's gift from kilrogg both equally powerful, i personally recommend intuition's gift from kilrogg which you can use together with either your apotheosis or divine hymn.
    Last edited by Isheria; 2016-07-18 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    The stat priority is the exact same as it will be on legion as well Mastery > Crit > Haste = Versatility.
    Mastery will be pretty shit in overgeared and farm content, as most of it will just turn into overhealing. Therefore Crit > Haste > Versa > Mastery makes more sense in pre-patch, AutomaticJak said the same about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    For trinkets not much changes here since the 1st one is still phylactery and the 2nd one is darkmoon insignia from hellfire council or intuition's gift from kilrogg both equally powerful, i personally recommend intuition's gift from kilrogg which you can use together with either your apotheosis or divine hymn.
    I agree on DP trinket but wouldnt recommend DMI cause of above stats. There is also the class trinket to keep in mind, in pre patch it will just be a flat out boost to heal and flash heal, but cant say if it worth losing stats over. Otherwise i think iron reaver piston or IG could be worth taking. Tho currently all hfc trinkets are being nerfed but the kazzak trinket is still un-touched on wowhead legion, so that auctually makes it abit better then nerfed mythic piston.

Mastery is still better even in this overgeared/nerfed instance because mana is still fairly limited. I did joke lfrs on ptr with 3-4 min boss fight and if i went full ham mana goes poof in an instant even with phylactery. You're undervalueing the value of mastery severely here.

Thanks Isheria! So since in WOD we made stats prio to multistrike, will that be converted to mastery then? Since MS get's removed correct?