Looking to drop a couple bills on a good headset

My crappy little $30 Logitech headset has about run its course. The rubber headband is peeling, and there is no such thing as noise cancellation or directional microphone on this thing. I'm looking to get a good one that will last me a long time. I'm looking to spend about $250 USD, but that's not a hard limit.

My requirements:
    * Needs to have good directional audio collection or mic filtering. I listen to game sound through my main PC speakers and handle voice comms through the headset. This means there is a LOT of external noise that is constantly going through my headset unless I mute game sound. I do this because it makes it easier for me to differentiate between voices and game sound, and also make it just a bit more immersive in something like a combat game.
    * Needs to fit comfortably over big-ass elephant ears. I have goofy big ears and they stick out. The "cup" style headphones work really well for me, larger ones that are designed to fit completely over the ear.

I have no preference between wired or wireless.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations!
    Super casual.

Audio Technica ATH AG1(or ADG1 if you prefer open back instead of closed back).

The mic quality is absolutely amazing, the sound is great, however there are some ergonomics worth taking into consideration such as they do this weird "3d wing system" which doesn't really work(there's a fix for it though), and the USB cable is quite short.

You could just watch the LinusTechTips review for it if you want more in-depth info about it, but definitely worth considering, bought them about 6 months ago and have absolutely no regrets myself, was worth every penny.