10+ Year Old Account

The demon's plan so far?

I kinda wanted to start a discussion about what the legion's plan has been so far. If we start the new story arch back to MoP when Wrathion predicted the return of the legion. And consider what Turalion and Alleria have to say when we meet them again.

So far we know that for some reason, an infinite dragon to be, took garrosh to AU Draenor, with the intention to create the Iron Horde. However, it's also very possible that he took Garrosh to AU Draenor with the sole intention of getting Guldan back.

Does this mean that the legion has some serious influence over the infinite dragonflight? It is possible to give legion explanations to every Caverns of time zone.

So, in short. Legion gets bronze dragon to open a portal, so they can get Guldan to our Universe, because I imagine our Azeroth is special in some way.

That being said, I imagine that the news we will be getting is that the legion is infinite. Which begs the question, why do they care so much about our Azeroth? I imagine it has something to do with the old gods, but who knows.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

It has been stated very simply by our lord and savior Illidan.
    The Legion has taken a bite off of Azaroth, failed to eradicate or enslave all life on the planet, and are currently hungry for more.
    Thats an answer for the "why".

Legion influincing the Infinite Flight seems rather unlikely to me, as they are not working to furthur the Legions ends, allthough it could be a nice plot twist.

Lets just say that, in the past, Warcraft lore has been mainly simple and not much about plot twists.

At least in my view and opinion.

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    the Infinite Dragonflight has in the past worked against the Legion, so it's rather unlikely they're connected in any way

it's also afaik undone because we defeated Murozond

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I still don't know if we defeated Murozond. Honestly I think the one who defeated him is Nozdormu when he sacrificed his aspect-given powers to kill DW and tied all time to the event (so he cannot reclaim those powers thus making his change into Murozond impossible). What we did is kill his presence at one point in time; logically he can predict that and move to another timeline we do not kill him in.
    but in the future that we can kill his presence of murozond that means nozdormu need his powers back? or what this an other timeline? that murozond cant be present in our timeline in the future?
    bah i hated that blizz brought this timeline shiat in :P

Legion's Plan:

1. Break into Azeroth
    2. Steal Underpants
    3. ????
    4. Profit

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Come to Azeroth
    Kick our asses
    Bolvar goes beastmode
    ??????
    Profit

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the Legion are like cleansers of the universe, and their target all along has been the old gods

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Maybe the Legion are like cleansers of the universe, and their target all along has been the old gods
    No, that's what the Titans are (or at least try to be). The Legion is basically the anti-Titans trying to undo everything the Titans ever did since Sargeras basically came to the conclusion that there is no point in fighting his endless battle vs the demons and that true peace isn't order (what the Titans want) nor chaos (what the Old Gods want) but complete destruction.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait until the xpac where the Burning Legion, Old Gods, and Titans decide that we've kicked their collective asses enough and team up to destroy Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You are in the demon hunter forum, otherwise known as the 7.0 hype train. Why did you board the hype train if you don't wish to participate in hype train activities?

My theory (based on a previous theory suggested on these forums that I'm buying):
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...man-form/page3

-Wrathion IS N'Zoth, freed from the Abyssal Maw during the cataclysm..... He is manipulating both factions into be used as his army against the Legion. His involvement in WoD---- making enemies of the Ogres via swaying Cho'Gall to his side

-Cho'Gall (a known MU Old God follower/fanboi) is swayed by Wrathion (who hides at Admiral Taylor's Garrison because he'd "angered some ogres") to betray Gul'Dan.... He immediately starts gaining access to vast powers, not unlike the Twilight's Hammer Old God tools of Cata, and even gets his own little cult of pale orcs. Furthermore, to connect the dots, the Ogres have "Fel Breaker" magic, that probably looks incredibly appealing to a game player like Wrathion.

1. (most likely, in my mind) Sargeras's "Burning Crusade" is an attempt to wipe out the Old Gods from existence. The Titans refused to do this, so Sargeras betrays them to go on his own, forming his own army, the burning Legion. All the scheming by Wrathion is in order to build an army to fight the legion with, including testing the Horde, Alliance, and Iron Horde as candidates.... Furthermore it was him who sways Cho'Gall into betraying Gul'Dan in AU-Draenor..... in order to steal info on "fel breaker" magic for the upcoming Legion fight.

Arguements against: Wrathion apparently failed badly with the Iron Horde... He never controlled them, and they damaged his potential cannon fodder Alliance and Horde tools. Seems very uncharacteristic for him to make such a giant miscalculation.... particularly when the whole scheme directly caused Gul'Dan's release, and thus this new Legion invasion.

2. The other theory is that Sargeras is N'Zoth's puppet.... and N'Zoth is purposely orchestrating the attack on Azeroth in order to secure his own freedom, or potentially the release/aid of another Old God ally (It is said that Y'shaarj, C'thun, and Yogg'Saron where all allied against N'zoth at one point, but it's also been said that there where 5 Old Gods *something that has been retconned back and forth*)..... If N'zoth wants his own freedom, Wrathion obviously cannot N'Zoth...... If he wants an ally freed, then it's entirely possible he IS N'zoth.... but it opens up a ton of plotholes.

Arguement against: Wrathion IS apparently trying to fight the Legion..... Garrosh stopping the drinking of Mannaroth's blood was a MASSIVE wrench in the plans (wouldn't have wanted to stop this, if he wanted the Legion invasion, but may not have been intentional)... Converting Cho'Gall against Gul'Dan would also be a strange move.. but at least somewhat makes sense if he still needed a tool to steal fel breaker magic tomes from the Ogres.

honestly i don't get the strategy. why make a big splash and attack the races? they should just make a coordinated attack on all crops, wildlife, and water. there's plenty of demons to cover the entire planet's resources.