Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Quite a bit of doodads that are all sized for Vyrkul rather than players. Anyone else need reminding that the place wasn't made for us, and isn't meant to be a Warrior home?.
    Not much to add. You are in their "home", just passing by. If area would be made for player size character and even have "Vyrkul guards" maybe it would be okish. Don't get me wrong, all new things are cool but seeing weapons like Quel'Serar or Maladath set upon Paldain class hall wall makes me feel like.. was there ANY weapon/shield/legendary made for us or we did get items accidentally and they all belong to 'put_name_of_the_class here' (not mentioning Nerfarian - am I right? - head there, guess I wasn't kiting adds there too).

They can still fix the issues, just make it more Warrior friendly so nobody would moan imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yse View Post
    Not much to add. You are in their "home", just passing by. If area would be made for player size character and even have "Vyrkul guards" maybe it would be okish. Don't get me wrong, all new things are cool but seeing weapons like Quel'Serar or Maladath set upon Paldain class hall wall makes me feel like.. was there ANY weapon/shield/legendary made for us or we did get items accidentally and they all belong to 'put_name_of_the_class here' (not mentioning Nerfarian - am I right? - head there, guess I wasn't kiting adds there too).

They can still fix the issues, just make it more Warrior friendly so nobody would moan imo.
    The place would have worked perfectly if they left out all of the Stormheim story, and simply had a Warrior realm. As soon as you show up, you're greeted by dozens of formerly fallen warriors cheering your name and welcoming you as a long lost friend, a brother-in-arms. Add a basic explanation that all dogs go to heaven, and you're set. You could have Vrykul, Giants, Dragonkin, Humans, Orcs, whatever, it wouldn't really matter at that point because it would be all inclusive.

Unfortunately the Vrykul lore just gets in the way of this, and it isn't all inclusive. It's an important distinction to realize that the Vrykul live, fight, and die in the hopes of ascending to Valhalla. Even if they did allow us to bring other Warriors there, to allow non-Vrykul in only undermines that sub-plot. It's specifically stated that you are only there because Odyn needs a mortal champion, thus you are an exception, rather than the rule. This begins the disassociation, and it's further removed once you realize that the only residents other than you are Vrykul.

- - - Updated - - -

Consider too that the story presented isn't even coherent with itself. Take these two facts into consideration:
    1) Valhalla is for Vrykul, we are there as an exception to serve Odyn.
    2) All Warriors on a server share the same class hall.

Now, as an individual, you are supposed to "pretend" that your PC is the only one that matters, that other player characters in the game are nameless members of the A/H, just like you were the only Garrison Commander. In Legion, this means that if you play a Paladin, you are the only character in the world with Ashbringer. When you enter the Paladin Hall, the other Paladins are simply supposed to be nameless members of the Paladin order (ignoring the fact that they are all carrying Ashbringer as well...)

But how does that work when you enter the Warrior Hall?

We've already established that there is only one non-Vrykul there, you. So who are all these other Human, Tauren, Gnome, etc, Warriors? How did they get there, if you were only brought specifically to help Odyn? According to the story, they shouldn't be there at all.

This only goes to highlight the fact that the Warrior Hall is an uninspired, reused piece of the dungeon and Stormheim story. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome place, and should be a part of the game. However, it should only be what it was intended for: it should be a part of the Stormheim story, and not a nonexclusive-"exclusive" Warrior home, because it isn't one.

The place would have worked perfectly if they left out all of the Stormheim story, and simply had a Warrior realm. As soon as you show up, you're greeted by dozens of formerly fallen warriors cheering your name and welcoming you as a long lost friend, a brother-in-arms. Add a basic explanation that all dogs go to heaven, and you're set. You could have Vrykul, Giants, Dragonkin, Humans, Orcs, whatever, it wouldn't really matter at that point because it would be all inclusive.

Unfortunately the Vrykul lore just gets in the way of this, and it isn't all inclusive. It's an important distinction to realize that the Vrykul live, fight, and die in the hopes of ascending to Valhalla. Even if they did allow us to bring other Warriors there, to allow non-Vrykul in only undermines that sub-plot. It's specifically stated that you are only there because Odyn needs a mortal champion, thus you are an exception, rather than the rule. This begins the disassociation, and it's further removed once you realize that the only residents other than you are Vrykul.

- - - Updated - - -

Consider too that the story presented isn't even coherent with itself. Take these two facts into consideration:
    1) Valhalla is for Vrykul, we are there as an exception to serve Odyn.
    2) All Warriors on a server share the same class hall.

Now, as an individual, you are supposed to "pretend" that your PC is the only one that matters, that other player characters in the game are nameless members of the A/H, just like you were the only Garrison Commander. In Legion, this means that if you play a Paladin, you are the only character in the world with Ashbringer. When you enter the Paladin Hall, the other Paladins are simply supposed to be nameless members of the Paladin order (ignoring the fact that they are all carrying Ashbringer as well...)

But how does that work when you enter the Warrior Hall?

We've already established that there is only one non-Vrykul there, you. So who are all these other Human, Tauren, Gnome, etc, Warriors? How did they get there, if you were only brought specifically to help Odyn? According to the story, they shouldn't be there at all.

This only goes to highlight the fact that the Warrior Hall is an uninspired, reused piece of the dungeon and Stormheim story. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome place, and should be a part of the game. However, it should only be what it was intended for: it should be a part of the Stormheim story, and not a nonexclusive-"exclusive" Warrior home, because it isn't one.
    Im going to try to do a monthly or bi-monthly server event on my server where all the warriors fight for the title.

I hope it goes well.

I hope I win
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Im going to try to do a monthly or bi-monthly server event on my server where all the warriors fight for the title.

I hope it goes well.

I hope I win
    You know I think it's funny that an arena is specifically mentioned as a Warrior Hall feature, when there's are similar areas in many others. Even the Hunters Hall has a "gladiator arena" where named NPCs can be seen betting and sparring.

You know I think it's funny that an arena is specifically mentioned as a Warrior Hall feature, when there's are similar areas in many others. Even the Hunters Hall has a "gladiator arena" where named NPCs can be seen betting and sparring.
    We know good and well that there is absolutly nothing unique about warriors in legion, so this does not come as a surprise.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg