Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hope MW is still the most fun healspec after this. :3 It's always infuriating when they give explanations for cutting things and then expand on that feature (in similiar theme) on another class.

As for the WW changes, i actually love the new mastery even if the effect itself is bland. Flat damage values isn't all that exciting, but i like that we're encouraged to mix abilities - it's one thing i felt like never worked with WW before.

edit: regarding Tiger palm, they are replacing Jab with that by the looks of it, for WW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    The windwalker changes just seem odd.

One of the first things that struck out to me, was that FoF casting while moving is baseline now. Before, they said clones won't use FoF while moving because it's a glyph just for you, or some nonsense like that. Maybe they'll change that.

Not a fan of the mastery. How is it supposed to work anyways, RSK doesnt have a short enough cooldown to let you weave between different abilities constantly unless they're going to gut our energy regen, and that talent implies its supposed to be feasible. It just seems nuts to me, WW issue was never the core rotation but problems with mastery and SEF.
    Well It'll probably be something like TP > BK > TP > RSK > BK > Talented Ability > Free GCD > Repeat. It does look odd. This is definitely the worst preview yet.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    The Brewmaster changes hurt, I thought that we were just getting a polish, this seems like significantly more than that. The Gift of the Ox change seems entirely unnecessary, Tiger Palm costing 50 energy is going to be a nightmare early on in the expansion if we continue to have no Guard then we are going to get torn to shreds by magic damage (unless Soul Dance is baseline). Going to have to wait to have a play but in all honesty, from these abilities the class doesn't seem to match core theme of the spec.

Also note that is now Blackout STRIKE, what the hell is that about!!!!!

WW changes are going to either be really fun or horrible, especially for newer players to whom the mastery might be really punishing.
    Watch a Kung fu movie with a drunken martial artist, drunk guy thwacks someone on the head with a staff or gets thwacked.

At this point i will most likely not be playing my monk in legion. My monk has been my main since the launch of mop where i power leveled him to join my guild in mogushin vaults as a healer. The changes to the play style of MW takes the aspects of the spec that i enjoyed and throws them out the window. I dont tank so BrM changes dont really matter to me, and i am not a fan of energy based dps classes. (rogue and feral included). So there is no reasen to bring my favorite class into legion....

Maybe ill try disc, it looks like it will be complicated and have an original healing style....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I never liked MW, disliked so much that I actually re-rolled resto shaman in WoD. the way SM worked really peeved me. I use mouseover macros and that doesn't really work well with SM IMO. there's no UI element to say you the target is, and using Vuhdoo didn't help, because any trigger I set up was triggered by the statue. I ended up having to /focus on mouseover, as with an indicator on my frames for focus, just to see who I was actually healing on my raid frames, it was all round a pretty annoying spec I found. On paper the changes sound wonderful, I will consider rolling back to MW, but time will tell. I'd want to play it on the beta before I make a decision, If I don't get any beta access at all I will stick to my shaman regardless - although they say there's no rush, I want my main 110 farming dungeons within a couple days.
    the Renewing Mist and Soothing Mist and even envoloping mist buffs appear on raid frames and have for a long time.... I use the blizzard raid frames i see them their ALL the time . and yes i use a mouse over macro for renewing and have been since mop >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Anyway, I like the slowing down of WW. I know some people think otherwise and I totally get that perspective but honestly for me personally in my own opinion, I don't like putting in double the work of a hunter just to maybe scrape about 75% of his dps.
    Waiting forever to regen resources and slowly executed attacks doesn't really fit their description of a graceful and fluent kung fu master.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I will say it sounds limiting for the most part with WindWalker, honestly, alot of the showed changes just seem un-needed and unwanted.
    SEF
    toggle? Limiting my play of picking who I want to attack? Having one act as a pet and be controlled sounds odd if they're just supposed to mimic my attacks? So now this clone can do other stuff?
    No jab, is just going to feel really weird to me, I can't imagine them just throwing it out like that so I'm hoping its their as an energy spender. But I'm told it was confirmed gone already. :/

New mastery is good, way better then the old, still has nothing on Combo Breaker though

- - - Updated - - -

I'm kind of on the fence about this
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes

I was so excited to play my BrM in Legion, now, unless beta shows me otherwise, it looks like I might not. The changes look like we will just be a shadow. unless talents give us some cool stuff, I might just play my demo lock or holy paladin

Deleted
    i play WW and MW, the changes look fine and I'll just wait to see them in action before going nuts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamste View Post
    i play WW and MW, the changes look fine and I'll just wait to see them in action before going nuts.
    Wise words. Wise words

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    I sincerely hope Tiger's Brew is gone in Legion (or, at least, a talent choice) as I've never felt it made sense for Windwalker.

Love the look of the brewmaster abilities, and I'm glad they're getting back to the class flavor.
    Me too, brew never fit the spec at all
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes

The BrM changes look so off-putting. The mastery looks bad - avoidance is RNG enough, gating it behind itself like that is not going to feel good. You were hoping to dodge that big attack coming up? Sorry, you dodged the one before it and lost your dodge buff.
    Also, it strikes me that its going to be sooooo slooooooow I liked BrM because it was relatively fast. Assuming you can get 12.5 energy per second, you can TP and KS once every 8 seconds, and get 2 or 3 BoKs in during that time - leaving 3 or 4 of your 8 GCDs empty. That's a lot of downtime in my book.

In MoP and especially in WoD, we have had synergy between tanking needs and dps stats; i see none of that here, which is also worrying to me. Are tanks just going to stack haste/mastery? Or are we going back to the days of tank gear?
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

honestly? what changes? all they showed was our basic abilities that hasnt really changed. Except that it looks like we will be using Tiger Palm instead of Jab(probably getting removed), and changing our mastery and SEF. I mean they could have actually showed something new for WWs for legion.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Mistweaver was a spec I thoroughly enjoyed. It doesn't sound like it'd be the same spec after this

I main a BrM, so I'm hoping I'll still enjoy it. As long as I have the self healing, and survive-ability i have had in the past, I'll be happy. I love the class because I can solo shit others cannot more easily and its not a DK.

I'm sad i didnt get to try fistweaving when it was a thing, and feel bad for anyone who played it, liked it, and is losing it.

RIP Fistweaving; a unique playstyle has been lost today.

Deleted
    I'm going back to priest. They removed any semblance of unique gameplay from MW. They didn't even bother to think about any cool or interesting mechanics, like other healers. All we have is "cast something and afk for 5 seconds".

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand the 50 energy cost to TP for WW as it will be replacing Jab as the main Chi generator. However, it does absolutely nothing to BrM other than decrease a CD of brews by 1s. They need to either make it free or increase the damage significantly. The game is still in Alpha, so there is tons of time for it to change, but I'm worried that they'd include that shit in the overview like it's a passable ability.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Overall the new masteries are great. The MW one is a little lackluster but it still seems much better.

I haven't played BrM much, but the changes seem interesting at least and from a healers standpoint make more sense to me. One thing I found hilarious though is they mentioned they want to get away from the shielding and "clutch" healing aspect and focus more on the dodging, then they give them a passive that is literally just clutch heals galore.

MW's got a pretty massive change. I agree that fistweaving was really clunky. It didn't fit the rest of our play style well and was difficult to use correctly. Sad to see it go though. The rest of the changes seem very odd though. One of the things I liked about MW was the chi interaction. It made it feel more like a DPS than a traditional healer. Sort of like I was playing the Rogue of healers and setting up combo points. Getting rid of the ReM>Uplift interaction was a good idea, but in doing so they completely changed our play style and I'm having trouble understanding what niche we're supposed to fill now. Maybe it'll make more sense once we see some talent choices. The Soothing Mist change is really odd in my opinion. They basically got rid of our filler spell and made it an automatic passive. It'll be interesting to see how easy it is to control and how well it works.

WW didn't get many major changes, but I like most of what they did. The SEF changes were dumb. In my opinion just making the GCD on SEF halved so that you could cast both clones in succession and then having a way to track if they're out other than a buff and just watching them would have been a better fix(something like charges that only recharge when one of them disappears). The lack of target control on it seems really shitty. The rest of the changes seem really awesome and seem to be getting back to the core idea of a Monk by forcing you to weave your spells to get the most use out of your mastery and the new passive.

First thought is the BM changes look awful. Gift of the Ox and dancing around for healing will still exist which is about the worst mechanic ever. The brews look like they will have to be used in conjunction. Ironskin then purify a few seconds later. Mastery looks terrible, here's some random avoidance. Giving some purpose to Breath of Fire would be nice, as it is this expansion it's just sort of awkwardly been there mostly not getting used ever. Dislike 50 energy cost tigers palm, I've come to quite enjoy having a minor spammable ability for filler. As for WW it's disappointing to see fists of fury still exist as well. Pretty disappointing considering how good the prot warrior changes were.

Deleted
    so far for WW, only positive things i see in the changes are new mastery, and SEF rework. other than that it seems pretty bad to me.

There was no mention of the Jade statue so I doubt it'll be there in Legion (with FW being gone and Soothing Mist becoming a passive there is no real need for it I guess). If they're still working on a rework for it (which I doubt but hope) that still works with Soothing Mist it would be nice if it also mimics the new Effuse spell or something.

What I dislike about the changes though is the fact that we no longer have any real AoE healing power (maybe talents, which we haven't seen yet). Renewing Mist was reworked but that's on a 6 second cooldown and only heals 1 target making it look more like a glorified Renew/Rejuvanation.

Essence Font seems alright on paper but 8% mana is going to hurt on fights with lots of AoE.

As we currently don't know what the Artifacts (and their traits) or talents will give us we'll have to wait and see until the beta begins to get a decent idea of how the changes will play out.

The main thing I'm hoping for is that we're not getting destroyed mana-wise. Mana Tea may be gone (#neverforget) in Legion but some spells look rather costly.

What mostly annoys me is the fact that they want healers to do some damage during fights/phases with low incoming damage but they strip us of FW. Similarly, they want healers to be able to level up through their healing specs so they're increasing their damage output....
    Where's FW Blizzard? Where is it?

After casting these spells, you continue to channel healing mists into the target, healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action.
    Is kind of contradicting
    Need high-throughput healing? Cast any heal and move onto the next target in need of healing, without spending time on Soothing Mist.
    Though if they were saying that Soothing Mist would continue to channel while you heal someone else as casting a spell is taking an action
    Last edited by Ricje; 2015-11-11 at 09:03 PM.