Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The President of the school could easily have not resigned and done something. If I had to guess he sought legal counsel and they told him resigning was the best thing. I don't pity him or think he was "bullied" out of office. He could easily have not resigned and taken other action. News flash though as president of a school or dean (basically sitting around making public statements after meetings) react to some shit that seems important and you won't have this problem. I love how many folks love to toss around the "if you aren't doing anything wrong" mantra but this guy resigns and we all just assume. Yep, he was innocent, did nothing wrong and was bullied out of a job because black people. Nice. No subtle racism in here at all. Personally its over reactionary on both sides, but I won't pity this guy at all. Do your very simple job or stand up for yourself. Let the kid pass out and force feed him just like in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    My mum got run over by a bus and broke the record of consecutive days spent in an ICU at her hospital by about three times the previous amount, which is a great card to play among people. The whole left side of her body was shattered, broken clavicle, she has a pain disease because her body was so used to firing off pain signals that's sort of her baseline now. They had to take out six whole feet from her colon she has a semi-colon now
    Holy shit, that's awful. See, my problems are minor compared to hers (aggressive Crohn's disease, I average two months of hospitalization a year, will almost certainly be battling cancer before 35), so if I ever met her, I'd stay damn respectful.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Sitting around doing nothing won't solve a thing. Ignoring something won't make it go away, eventually the issue will reach a boiling point.
    all he needed to do was address the situation in a simple press conference or release an email statement. Happens all the time and is essentially his job. So I agree he failed to do his very very simple job. If dealing with public relations, race issues, or controversy is too hard maybe don't take a job that is essentially responding to public relations, race issues, or general controversy. Between budget meetings and meet and greet dinners this is his entire job.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    My point was about the main problem being antagonism. And every post you've made so far has been attacks. So either you are playing the role of "Calzaeth's Point", or you're missing it.

For the record, I never dragged up "muh oppression"-bullshit. I was specifically referring to the word Nigger, and the phenomenon of minorities using a slur amongst themselves, but not accepting it from their historical oppressors.

The antagonists are the minority groups or groups defending them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Sitting around doing nothing won't solve a thing. Ignoring something won't make it go away, eventually the issue will reach a boiling point.
    You are correct. But forcing a president to resign over words that weren't his is ludicrous. And there are much much more oppressive things taking place that would be better spent to protest than a few imbeciles using words you find offensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    The President of the school could easily have not resigned and done something. If I had to guess he sought legal counsel and they told him resigning was the best thing. I don't pity him or think he was "bullied" out of office. He could easily have not resigned and taken other action. News flash though as president of a school or dean (basically sitting around making public statements after meetings) react to some shit that seems important and you won't have this problem. I love how many folks love to toss around the "if you aren't doing anything wrong" mantra but this guy resigns and we all just assume. Yep, he was innocent, did nothing wrong and was bullied out of a job because black people. Nice. No subtle racism in here at all. Personally its over reactionary on both sides, but I won't pity this guy at all. Do your very simple job or stand up for yourself. Let the kid pass out and force feed him just like in prison.
    Its not racism. That word needs to stop being flinged around so non-chalantly. And this was forced. This was going on for a few weeks, he hadn't resigned, because he had done nothing wrong. But when the school was going to receive a million dollar fine for missing a football game, they had to cave into the football teams demands. Its that black and white.

Oh crap, sorry, didn't meant to say black and white...how racist of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The antagonists are the minority groups or groups defending them.
    ... You really don't notice how you keep staying on the attack? Antagonizing me and anyone else who doesn't agree with you to a T?
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I'm not surprised Revi is not answering because it's easy to judge minorities when you're not among them.
    PC Principal, is that you?

... You really don't notice how you keep staying on the attack? Antagonizing me and anyone else who doesn't agree with you to a T?
    The Kid even admitted today that he made up the KKK nonsense

So

1 supposed racial slur
    1 supposed poop swastika

yet school has to be postponed because its not safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Kid even admitted today that he made up the KKK nonsense

So

1 supposed racial slur
    1 supposed poop swastika

yet school has to be postponed because its not safe.
    Yeah, I know. I even linked a goth rock song with fitting lyrics in the thread about it

Y'know, feel free to go through my post history. I've never jumped on his bandwagon, but I *have* discussed other, related topics. I even said earlier in this very thread that fuckwits like him make us other leftists look bad.

Yeah, I know. I even linked a goth rock song with fitting lyrics in the thread about it

Y'know, feel free to go through my post history. I've never jumped on his bandwagon, but I *have* discussed other, related topics. I even said earlier in this very thread that fuckwits like him make us other leftists look bad.
    Fine but why is he gathering so much support? I have said many times that the left (in America) is going to destroy itself if it's not careful. Shit like this scares people into voting republican, even when the republicans are generally pretty awful

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine but why is he gathering so much support? I have said many times that the left (in America) is going to destroy itself if it's not careful. Shit like this scares people into voting republican, even when the republicans are generally pretty awful
    In my opinion, it all comes back to my original point: Antagonism. Once people start thinking of their political label as an identity ("I'm a liberal!") it can quickly become more important to attack everyone with other identities than actually considering each issue on its own merits ("So this rich scholarship-kid hunger starved himself to end oppression? Come again?").

Chances are, they WILL destroy themselves. Due to their inability to say "I agree with him on many other things, but this is bullshit."

Or you could try looking up our actual statistics.

Knock yourself out. This is one of the statistics you're looking for, I haven't found one that takes into account the Sami population yet, nor university distribution. Sorry about that.

But a quick pro-tip: Forget "White" when talking about about Europe. Poland and Norway, to take two examples, have widely differing cultures and history.
    Poland and Norway? Try England and the aztecs, France and the Iriquois, Spain and the inca, England and the zulu. Your different "ethnic groups" are nothing compared to what the US is experiencing. There was a protest at my campus today to, the protesters, over-represented by minorities relative to the rest of the school, were saying "The civil war is soon." Do the sami people in Norway do that? The US is balkanizing very quickly and its scary, and a true civil war would be minority genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
    Poland and Norway? Try England and the aztecs, France and the Iriquois, Spain and the inca, England and the zulu. Your different "ethnic groups" are nothing compared to what the US is experiencing. There was a protest at my campus today to, the protesters, over-represented by minorities relative to the rest of the school, were saying "The civil war is soon." Do the sami people in Norway do that? The US is balkanizing very quickly and its scary, and a true civil war would be minority genocide.
    I'm so glad you asked that question, because it shows your complete lack of knowledge on the history of the sami people. Go to Wikipedia, if you like learning.

And Poland wasn't a random example, it was bait. Wanna guess which minority has the toughest time in Norway? Poles and other eastern european immigrants (they are also the largest immigrant bloc). They are routiinely paid hourly wages that are 20% of what an ethnic norwegian would get (they're being recruited directly from Poland by shady third party recruiters), many suffer permament health damage after a couple working seasons in Norway due to overcrowded living arrangements, and whenever a teenager looses his wallet/iPhone/whatever, you can bet that the most recent Pole he/she knows about get's blamed.

Minorities can be white, because the country of "Whitia" has never existed.

Just... stop thinking about "E.U." as one homogenous mass. We're not. We have the same fucking problems you do, in different manifestations, and spread over ~40 independent nations.

I'm so glad you asked that question, because it shows your complete lack of knowledge on the history of the sami people. Go to Wikipedia, if you like learning.

And Poland wasn't a random example, it was bait. Wanna guess which minority has the toughest time in Norway? Poles and other eastern european immigrants (they are also the largest immigrant bloc). They are routiinely paid hourly wages that are 20% of what an ethnic norwegian would get (they're being recruited directly from Poland by shady third party recruiters), many suffer permament health damage after a couple working seasons in Norway due to overcrowded living arrangements, and whenever a teenager looses his wallet/iPhone/whatever, you can bet that the most recent Pole he/she knows about get's blamed.

Minorities can be white, because the country of "Whitia" has never existed.

Just... stop thinking about "E.U." as one homogenous mass. We're not. We have the same fucking problems you do, in different manifestations, and spread over ~40 independent nations.
    Thats not the point, the point is that a pole will integrate better than a syrian or pakistani